PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] New Kyurem Forms: Too Much?

Jaejoong
03-21-2012, 06:02 PM
So earlier this month Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 were announced along with their mascots; Black Kyurem and White Kyurem respectively. Yet in this week there have been two further forms announced. Sparkling Blue Black Kyurem and Burning Red White Kyurem. That's four new Pokemon in one month. Is it too much?

The two new games were a surprise to say the least. Normally a generation is followed by one single game (Gold and Silver were followed by Crystal, Ruby and Sapphire were followed by Emerald, etc) so having two new games, more or less sequels, was definitely unexpected. A lot of people were expecting Kyurem to be the mascot, too, but even to them the first two forms were a surprise. Now, in the space of a week, there is four.

In my opinion there are already too many legendary Pokemon. In the first few games they were the gems: just one thing you were really after and would work incredibly hard to get. Now, however, they seem far too common. These new mascots only add to the list. Kyurem becomes either Black Kyurem or White Kyurem through taking Reshiram or Zekrom's DNA. As to what makes the Pokemon further into Sparkling Blue Black Kyurem and Burning Red White Kyurem is yet unknown.

I find the names far too long and ridiculous, too.

But what's your opinion? I think the forms look pretty cool but do you like the fact there are four new legendary Pokemon? That one Pokemon, Kyurem, can have five forms in total (with the possibility of even more being announced... logic forbid)?

BlueHero
03-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Hmm there is a new movie is coming up i think its out now these Kyurem 2 forms were in it i think thats why they are making two pokemon games but why 2 games it's not necessary.

Ghost Trainer
03-21-2012, 07:41 PM
I LOVE IT!

blaziking
03-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Where did you hear this? I didn't see it on pokemon.com. Also maybe it will be like deoxys where you can change formes rather than having 5 different pokemon. I don't feel there are too many legends as i like the battles to catch them but would rather they made the final three pokemon from b/w 1 available to catch first. There names are also a bit long winded.

Pikachu Belle
03-21-2012, 09:03 PM
I agree with Feazko, the names are terribly long and I probably wouldnt be bothered to call them by there real names. I would go ahead and nickname them lol

Jaejoong
03-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Where did you hear this?

I read it on the Official Nintendo Magazine site. Although I also just read that White Kyurem becomes Burning Red White Kyurem and Black Kyurem becomes Sparkling Blue Black Kyurem "when their emotions are worked up". Am I the only one that finds that a tad silly?

I also hadn't thought of the idea it could be like Deoxys. Now I'm hoping that is the case. It'd make more sense for these new forms and, for me, more bearable.

Sting
03-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Nintendo is running out of names and colors

micklepickle101
03-21-2012, 10:12 PM
This website covers it all:http://www.thetanooki.com/2012/03/20/kyurems-new-formes-have-an-additional-overdrive-mode-in-black-2-white-2/
I think it is a horrible idea...... too many legendary pokemon!!! Im assuming it will have something to do with its ability...... not the usual pressure, thank goodness, but yeah, Nintendo may have overdone it on this one :(

Sting
03-21-2012, 10:16 PM
That is absurd.

Lelouch vi Britannia
03-21-2012, 11:13 PM
I think there just running out of Ideas, but I'm still going to buy both of them lol.

messy_01
03-22-2012, 02:32 AM
I think it's a good idea, as kyurem has an interesting backround story. Is it just going to be the origional kyurem that can change forme or are there actually seperate ones? Also, what types do you think they will be?

blaziking
03-22-2012, 04:08 AM
I read it on the Official Nintendo Magazine site. Although I also just read that White Kyurem becomes Burning Red White Kyurem and Black Kyurem becomes Sparkling Blue Black Kyurem "when their emotions are worked up". Am I the only one that finds that a tad silly?

I also hadn't thought of the idea it could be like Deoxys. Now I'm hoping that is the case. It'd make more sense for these new forms and, for me, more bearable.

Oh ok ill look it up thanks and yeah i also hope they will be like Deoxys.

Exflar
03-22-2012, 04:44 AM
Mind you, those are only the TRANSLATED names from Japanese. Based on whatever the localization, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem may just have an Overdrive forme as stated by Jaejoong.

I'm predicting the Overdrive will behave similarly to Darmanitan (When HP falls below half it goes Zen Mode).

Ghost Trainer
03-22-2012, 05:37 AM
How about SBB Kyurem and BRW Kyurem

Ghost Trainer
03-22-2012, 05:37 AM
Or Blue Z kyurem, and Red R kyurem?

BlueHero
03-22-2012, 11:47 AM
i think ill get the Sparkling Blue Black Kyurem Version if thats its name

Harvest Hero
03-22-2012, 11:47 PM
Nice with just Kyurem. But Kyurem + Reshiram OR Kyurem + Zekrom = not that very nice in appearance.

<><

truffledude12
03-22-2012, 11:56 PM
UPDATE: To clarify some of the confusion, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are the actual alternate formes of Kyurem. “Overdrive mode” has yet to be fully explained, but we’re guessing it’s probably a circumstantial variation triggered by Kyurem getting “emotionally worked up” — perhaps a stat boost when it has low HP or PP? Perhaps a visual indicator that it’s ready to use its signature moves? We’ll have to wait and see.

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 revealed that Kyurem had alternate formes just as Giratina did before it, but when we got our first look last week at the sequels’ box arts, they looked… different.

That’s because the alternate formes have alternate formes, the Daisuki Club website confirms. When Kyurem takes on Zekrom’s or Reshiram’s DNA, it becomes either Black Kyurem or White Kyurem, respectively. When those new formes are emotionally worked up, they go into an “overdrive” mode and become Sparkling Blue Black Kyurem and Burning Red White Kyurem.

This certainly complicates fans speculation that the box arts appear to have a ruby/sapphire behind the logos, possibly suggesting Hoenn as an additional region in the game. Personally, I just want to know if the new formes do indeed have a tertiary type!

Admin Edit: Removed the unnecessary content from the other website

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-23-2012, 12:21 AM
They're not new pokemon. Just forms. Same Kyurem when it gets excited and thrown into overdrive it changes. Either way thats only 2 news forms. Not 4 or 5. I dunno where you got 4 or 5 new pokemon from but its only two and they arent new theyre just forms

BlueHero
03-23-2012, 12:50 PM
So ... is the new game story is going to be different than B/W Versions ?

SHINY SQUIRTLE
04-01-2012, 06:53 PM
i dont think so but are more new pokemons coming or forms?

The Kiwi Dragon
04-02-2012, 04:42 AM
Mind you I thought that Giratina's Origin Form was long winded... until I owned one!
I think these two will be relatively the same, we have just got to give them a try.