PDA

View Full Version : Hopes and Dreams for Pokémon Sword/Shield

UltraSound
03-08-2019, 05:15 PM
Please note that this thread will be updated (assuming I remember to do so) in the following months, and thus may contain spoilers.

First of all - what are we going to shorten these games to? Like, BW, BW2, ORAS...we already have Pokémon SS, Soulsilver! What do? SWSH?

What are you hoping to see in Pokémon Sword/Shield?

I gotta say, despite my excitement on the reveal day, some realities have set in after. The jump from one console to another is no doubt going to bring in some issues. They even said that deving on Switch is difficult. I'm afraid we'll get a repeat of X/Y - revised visuals, but lacking in content and story.
My hopes remain the same - a cool story, mysteries and dark stuff, something different and new that doesn't suck, minigames, post-game content.
I will update my thoughts as they come throughout the coming months.

UltraSound
06-13-2019, 08:08 AM
I am no longer in support of these games due to recent news regarding them.

"I'm afraid we'll get a repeat of X/Y - revised visuals, but lacking in content and story."
When I said content, I was expecting there wouldn't be things like the surfing and wormholes like in Alola. I did not expect them to cut the amount of pokemon in half. You know things are messed up when your hopes turn from "a cool, captivating story" to "I hope my pokemon game has pokemon in it".

If anyone is interested in still discussing their hopes for these games, feel free to make a new thread. But as it appears that they won't even try to fix what they've done, I'm done with SW/SH, and I will be done until I get a game with all the pokemon in it.