PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Moderators [UPDATE: Done]

Gaming Master 2000
03-27-2012, 01:59 AM
Hello Everyone!

I'm looking to appoint 2 moderators, preferably in a couple of different time zones to help around the site (moving topics to the right section, answering questions etc.). To apply for the position all you have to do is report this post and when it asks for your reason for reporting enter your answers to the following questions:

Q: What time zone are you in?
Q: How often do you visit the website?
Q: Why do you want to become a moderator?

Also include anything else you may think should be considered with your application.

I'll leave the applications open for a week and will pick who I think is a good fit after that.

Just as an FYI (for everyone) to report a post, click on the triangle with the ! at the bottom of my first post.

Just so everyone knows I haven't deleted any applications, I've just moved them so that if there's any personal information so it's not public ally available.

Umari
03-28-2012, 03:29 AM
For everybody who else is going to post:

You need to report the first post in this thread. That way it will go to the 'Reported Posts' in the Moderation Panel of the forums. Make sure you put your username at the top! Just thought I'd help out here :3

The Kiwi Dragon
03-29-2012, 05:45 AM
Last thing, I do not know about editing or moving threads but I am a keen and fast learner!

beta
03-30-2012, 09:59 PM
Most of you are answering the questions but not in the correct place. In his first post it says to report his post and answer the questions there so that no ones personal information will be on display.

bigbadbenbass
04-01-2012, 12:29 AM
are you going to message who it is bcuz i sent a request a week ago

Gaming Master 2000
04-01-2012, 04:37 AM
Once the applications have closed I'll pick the members and message them. Only a couple days left until the applications close.

BambooShoots
04-01-2012, 05:21 AM
Once the applications have closed I'll pick the members and message them. Only a couple days left until the applications close.

I really can't wait.
It's very exciting.
:D ♪

spacecop1199
04-01-2012, 02:51 PM
I am super excited!

The Kiwi Dragon
04-02-2012, 04:44 AM
Excited? Yeah, very much!

Christina Grimmie
04-02-2012, 01:59 PM
hello i dont want to be of any antthing on the website besides a reg member just look at your profile messages

Sgt. Pepper
04-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Just one more day and it'll be picking time.
Everyone apply now!
Last Chance! ;)

The Kiwi Dragon
04-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Yeah, Exciting!

Umari
04-02-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm just wondering why everybody is freaking out about becoming a moderator. Sure, it'd be cool and all, but it's a lot of work. From the applications I've seen that people haven't submitted right and the other posts that are freaking about it, I believe they wouldn't be able to handle it. Speaking from experience, they wouldn't be able to take it seriously and would most likely over-react to many of the common situations Moderators need to endure.

This is just MY POV. No flame/hate/some other 3rd thing intended.

Gaming Master 2000
04-03-2012, 12:16 AM
Ok, so I am going over the applications now. Will hopefully have a decision soon (though it looks like it's going to be tough). Once I pick the new moderators I'll contact them and then let everyone else know.

Sgt. Pepper
04-03-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm just wondering why everybody is freaking out about becoming a moderator. Sure, it'd be cool and all, but it's a lot of work. From the applications I've seen that people haven't submitted right and the other posts that are freaking about it, I believe they wouldn't be able to handle it. Speaking from experience, they wouldn't be able to take it seriously and would most likely over-react to many of the common situations Moderators need to endure.

This is just MY POV. No flame/hate/some other 3rd thing intended.

Very true. Just had to see what we got.

Sgt. Pepper
04-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Ok, so I am going over the applications now. Will hopefully have a decision soon (though it looks like it's going to be tough). Once I pick the new moderators I'll contact them and then let everyone else know.

Nice. I'll be waiting for tomorrow after I got off school.

Also, no one be excited to the max, because we can't just think that we will win for sure. Just think its ordinary. Because if you were excited to the MAX, and you wasn't picked, you will be heart-broken
Source: My mom.
Well, I always trust my mom on what she says.

Umari
04-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Nice. I'll be waiting for tomorrow after I got off school.

Also, no one be excited to the max, because we can't just think that we will win for sure. Just think its ordinary. Because if you were excited to the MAX, and you wasn't picked, you will be heart-broken
Source: My mom.
Well, I always trust my mom on what she says.Mothers are always the wisest

Gaming Master 2000
04-03-2012, 12:19 PM
So after hours of going over all the applications I have made my decisions and have sent a message to those I've chosen. Once I hear back from them they will get their promotion and I'll officially announce the members.

If you haven't received a message from me then unfortunately you haven't been chosen for a mod position this time. I had a lot of really good applications and a few of you were really close to the position.

Also to let people know I have decided to appoint 4 moderators from a few different time zones to better cover the day so that if anyone needs a staff member it won't be long before one is online.

Umari
04-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Congratulations to all of the new Moderators. I hope we do good! (:

Sgt. Pepper
04-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Congratulations to all of the Moderators!
Good luck with the site! ;)

The Kiwi Dragon
04-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Yeah Absol6028, I believe we will do a great job! :)
Congratulations to the other moderators if they are reading this.

spacecop1199
04-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Congrats to all the moderators.

messy_01
04-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Congrats guys! :D

UltraSound
04-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Congrats to everyone :3 And to ???, I don't just believe, I know we will.

The Kiwi Dragon
04-08-2012, 08:46 AM
OK Ultrasound, After almost a week, I agree with you!

truffledude12
04-08-2012, 08:04 PM
best of luck

Christina Grimmie
04-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Good job everybody

pokemaster0000
04-14-2012, 01:33 PM
cool i am in
i visit the website everyday
time zone: 9:33
i want to become a mod because you get to make sure everybody is following the rules; least favourite idea : you get colours

Mogwai
04-14-2012, 04:49 PM
cool i am in
i visit the website everyday
time zone: 9:33
i want to become a mod because you get to make sure everybody is following the rules; least favourite idea : you get colours

The applications have been done for awhile now, and you didn't even do it right. So, focus on congratulating the Mods that were already promoted! Grats, guys. :]

Umari
04-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks to all who have congratulated us!

Seeing as this is old, and to prevent others from applying, I'm going to lock this.