PDA

View Full Version : Distorted Dimensions (Red Dwarf) -[Fanfiction] by ???

The Kiwi Dragon
04-10-2012, 10:24 AM
This is a Fanfiction project I have been planning to write for weeks involving the British Sci-Fi Sitcom Red Dwarf.

***PLOT***

The crew of Red Dwarf are experimenting with the Hyper Drive core processor and then mysteriously the ship itself flies faster than the speed of light and strange events happen afterwards!

The first chapter will appear soon!

The Kiwi Dragon
04-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Basic Outline of Red Dwarf:

Red Dwarf was a Science-Fiction Situation Comedy that ran for 8 froms the first series in 1988 until it's demise at the time in Series Eight in 1999. It also then a mini-series on the Digital/Freeview channel Dave, was shown in 2009 under the name of Red Dwarf: Back to Earth and referred to as the ninth series and a tenth series will be shown on the same channel in Autumn 2012.

It follows the story of the two lowest ranking members of staff onboard the Jupiter mining ship Red Dwarf by the names of Dave Lister and Arnold Rimmer.
Life on the ship is normal until we find that Lister has smuggled his pregnant pet cat Frankenstein onboard.
He is later summoned to the Captain's office and is given the choice of having the cat dissected (Which Lister later asks if he can have Frankenstein back when they are finished to which the Captain replies that the cat would be dead.)
or that Lister goes into stasis for 18 months.
He chooses to go into stasis and Frankenstein is then sealed into the ship's hull.
Meanwhile Rimmer is trying to pass a Promotion Exam and later faints from the pressure.
Whilst Lister is put into stasis the ship experiences a radioactive meltdown and every crew member is killed except for Lister who has remained in stasis for 3 million years instead of 18 months due to the radiation having to have time to die out by the ship's computer Holly.
Lister is later revealed to be the last known human in existance and is given a hologram of Rimmer to keep him mentally sane and later finds The Cat a decendant of Frankenstein who bred in the ship's hull for 3 million years and evolved into humanoids (Felis Sapiens) and the adventures continue from there.

The Kiwi Dragon
04-10-2012, 11:01 AM
They later in Series Two encounter Kryten a service droid who joins the crew as a main character in Series Three.
And then later in Series Seven encounter Kristine Kochanski, an alternate version of Lister's ex girlfriend from another dimension.

The Kiwi Dragon
04-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Format of story:

Character Names:

Dave Lister - Lister
Arnold Rimmer - Rimmer
The Cat - The Cat
Holly - Holly
Kryten - Kryten
Kristine Kochanski - Kochanski.

The story will be like a script for the show.

The Kiwi Dragon
04-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Red Dwarf: Distorted Dimensions By ???.

I do not own Red Dwarf or any characters involved in the story unless listed.
Any similarity to any person living or dead is entirely coincidential.

Red Dwarf Created by Rob Grant and Doug Naylor.
Red Dwarf is owned by Dave TV UK (UKTV).

Part 1: A Rude Awakening.

Rated PG-13: Contains Sexual references.

Red Dwarf is flying around the universe and everyone except
Holly the ship's computer is currently asleep...

Suddenly there is a jolt in the ship causing Rimmer to wake up.

Rimmer: Lister wake up you smeg-head! *Smacks Lister on the cheek*.

Lister: Yes Kochanski, I want my Chicken Vindaloo all over you...
*Lister wakes up and yawns*
Oh Rimmer it's you! Why the smeg were you shouting?

Rimmer: Didn't you hear the loud bang?

Lister: Maybe Kryten has fallen over again, he is due for a repair...

Rimmer: You wouldn't be able to fix him because he'd malfunction again, and anyway let's go and see what Holly has to say about the noise.

Lister: Maybe,the swimming pool has overflown or Kochanski was having an nice enjoyable dream about me and her in one of her Jane Austin fantasies... and fell out of bed...?

*Rimmer shakes his head as they walk along the corridor to the Control Room*

Rimmer: Two things: 1. Do you know how sad that sounds? And 2. Somehow I disbelieve that Kochanski is beyond morbidly obese.

*Kochanski appears*

Kochanski: Did someone call me fat?

*Rimmer and Lister shake heads siultaneously*

Kochanski: Now, were you both talking about a loud bang?

*Both Rimmer and Lister nod heads, again simultaneously.*

Kochanski: I heard both...

Rimmer: Both?

Kochanski: Yeah, one was the ship and the other was me in a Jane Austin dream and I accidentally knocked that huge teddy Lister gave from my bed.

Lister: If we forget Jane Austin for a moment, we then just have you, me and a teddy...

The Kiwi Dragon
04-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Red Dwarf: Distorted Dimension by ???

Part 1 continued:

Plus if you add in a Chicken Vindaloo for two and two boxes of lager that'll be my idea of a dream...

Rimmer: No Lister, your idea of a dream is you and Kochanski naked with a haystack...

Lister: Well, when you put it like that...

Kochanski: Seriously guys, I do not want to hear your strange fantasies now, I haven't even had my breakfast...

All three enter the room to be joined by Kryten who has been talking to Holly.

Holly: Even though I am a computer with an I.Q of 6,000 that doesn't mean that I have any extra patience.

Kochanski: Sorry Holly...

Lister: An I.Q of 6,000? How do you know that?

Holly: Because a Physical Education teacher has an I.Q of 1 so I have an I.Q equivalent to the number of Phys Ed teachers needed to match my I.Q A.K.A, 6,000 Phys Ed teachers I.Q = My I.Q of 6,000...

Lister: I am sorry that I even asked...

Kryten: Anyway, we were hit by a meteorite earlier but we are all safe now thanks to...

*The Cat enters*

Kryten: ... the shields.
The Cat: Hey guys and girl, what's up?
I heard a loud bang, and I thought it was a huge party or something... but obviously not...
So that means no hot babes or free booze?

*Lister shakes his head*

Lister: You probably haven't had a free drink since your mother's milk...

BANG!!!

*A klaxon sounds*

Kryten: We are under attack!

Rimmer: Hey Kryten, what was it you were saying about SHIELDS?!!

*The Ship catches fire on the inside and out*

End of Part 1...

The Kiwi Dragon
04-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Please read and review, all thoughts on story or an Q&A are welcomed and appriciated...

Umari
04-10-2012, 02:40 PM
You could have put the background info and everything in one post. Don't post multiple times in a row.

As for the story, don't do Kimmer:

etc. That makes it look rushed and unappealing

truffledude12
04-11-2012, 01:29 AM
awesome fanfic
-pats shoulder- good,good

The Kiwi Dragon
04-11-2012, 05:16 AM
Thanks Guys!
Part 2 coming soon!

Mogwai
04-12-2012, 11:50 PM
I don't like the format. Script-like stories are atrocious to attempt to read. Just do a paragraph or essay form; it's much better on the eyes and comprehension.

Otherwise, nice story thus far.