PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Perler art - my new pseudo hobby :D

Astral Vapors
04-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Hey everyone! I wanted to share something with you that I just recently picked back up. Some of you may have heard of "Perler Bead art", or even tried it when you were younger. I know I used to play around with Perlers all the time at youth camp, and during a recent trip to my local craft store I decided to pick some up and see what I could come up with now that my hand eye coordination is a bit more developed ;) I began with a Mega Man, then decided to try my hand at making a rather large shiny Zorua. Over the past few days I've also made a shiny Litwick and a shiny Meloetta in pirouette forme. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out, and I wanted to share them with all of you to see what you thought. I'm planning on making may more shiny Pokemon sprites out of Perlers in the coming weeks, so if there's something you'd like to see definitely let me know!

Oh, and I apologize for the double post. I realized after the fact that I had posted in the wrong forum when writing about my shiny Zorua, but I don't see a way to remove a post :( Either way, this is my updated Perler post and I'll most certainly be adding to it over the next few weeks!

Classic
04-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Great! Simply A-MAZ-ING

truffledude12
04-28-2012, 05:18 PM
awesome
you certainly have talent :D

Fazbear_Ent.©
04-29-2012, 08:06 AM
Those were totally FLAWLESS! You have a beautiful talent!
I would love to see a shiny Sandile or any of his evolutions! He is my fave shiny and fave 5th gen pokemon!

truffledude12
04-29-2012, 04:57 PM
it would be hard, like REALLLY hard to make a (shiny) or non shiny groudon

Astral Vapors
04-29-2012, 06:12 PM
it would be hard, like REALLLY hard to make a (shiny) or non shiny groudon

I'm definitely going to make a Groudon in the next few weeks. Believe it or not, he actually isn't as detailed as pirouette Meloetta in terms of pixels, so I think it'll be a fun challenge :)

Astral Vapors
04-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Those were totally FLAWLESS! You have a beautiful talent!
I would love to see a shiny Sandile or any of his evolutions! He is my fave shiny and fave 5th gen pokemon!

I'll make a Sandile then, just for you :) I have a huge Perler shipment that should be getting here Monday or Tuesday that includes dark grey, and then I'll have all the colors I need to make him. He'll be a fun one, I think!

Mogwai
04-29-2012, 06:43 PM
I'd heard of this before, but not using it to create Pokemon. Those are simply wonderful!

The Kiwi Dragon
05-18-2012, 09:02 AM
It'd be Awesome if you Created a Shiny Infernape...

icedragonite
06-02-2012, 09:20 AM
do a dragonite it will look soooo cute

groovychainsaw
06-04-2012, 01:33 AM
I'd like to see a snorlax lol Very nice btw they look like there straight out of the pokedex.