PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Games

playmaster99
05-01-2012, 02:50 PM
I would like if they made a pokemon game about you are the gym leader. You choose your gym type. That would be awesome. Give me some of your ideas of pokemon games.

truffledude12
05-01-2012, 10:40 PM
a game where all the regions togther

Fazbear_Ent.©
05-02-2012, 12:59 AM
I agree with Truffledude12.
Ihate being limited to one reigon... I loved 2nd gen when we got access to Jhoto AND Kanto.
And if we could catch ALL of the pokemon in 1 game. No buying two games or being forced to trade for just dex data. I hate that.

playmaster99
05-02-2012, 02:29 AM
Yeah i agree that would be cool if there was a game for all the regions. But it would take a while to finish the game. It would also take a long time to make.

faidra028
05-02-2012, 04:27 AM
I don't know how many of you play roms or whatever...but there's one thats in one of if not it's final beta form called Liquid Crystal that's a hack of the FireRed rom. It ends up having 20 or so badges and gives you access to ALL pokemon from generation 1, 2, and 3. Its got a few very minor bugs and is a great play through. If anyone is interested I can find the links for you.

Exflar
05-07-2012, 02:07 AM
The Pokemon Company would actually LOSE money if an "all region" game existed. I know that the fandom yearns for it, but think of it from a corporation's standpoint. If ONE game contained EVERYTHING that fans wanted, they wouldn't make any money. People would only buy that game.

It's a perfectly acceptable marketing strategy to divide the "wants" of the fandom across SEVERAL series of games to perpetuate profit.

faidra028
05-07-2012, 03:16 AM
That assumes they release the game in the past not currently. People would only buy that specific game, but that game is being released AFTER the older versions. So the profit margin wouldn't be that impacted. Especially if some legendaries were only able to be caught in older versions.

I mean, sure some people go back and buy Pokemon Pearl/Diamond for example, but most of the money people spend on Pokemon is the current able to be bought game. Most of the past generations aren't even able to be purchased new in the stores I go into and generally are only able to be purchased used.

Exflar
05-07-2012, 03:35 AM
Yes, this is under the assumption that the "all region game" included every single detail across the 5 (maybe 6, if you count Orre) current regions.

Let's assume that this game does come to fruition. As stated by dragonxmaster^, if you could catch every single pokemon from every single region in one game, the entire premise of the Pokemon game series is undermined!

Pokemon was founded on the very aspect of trading and connectivity. If every pokemon is able to be captured in one game, there would be no reason for anyone to buy a co-released version to trade and complete the dex.

As a side note, the level cap would have to be raised far past 100 if the current experience point gain rate were kept. You'd be battling level 100 youngsters by the time you reach Hoenn (considering you completed Kanto and Johto beforehand).