PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 4] Platinum Help from SparkyThePikachu (Starter Guide)

SparkyThePikachu
05-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Okay, many people have been asking me for help on Pokemon Platinum. I'm kinda a veteran in Pokemon Platinum, but because I really do want to help you guys, I restarted. I feel that restarting will help you guys more, because we are both at the same place in the game. Okay, so I'll start explaining Starters.

STARTERS

The Fast Fire Monkey, Chimchar

Chimchar is a great starter, and loved by many. He evolves the quickest out of his starter brothers, Piplup and Turtwig. He can easily rush through gyms. Evolving at just lvl 14 into Fire/Fighting Monferno, he is the ideal Pokemon for beginners.

Good things about him

-Excels in Speed and Attack
-Great for strategic teams
-First evolution is early
-Learns many good moves
-Learns many good TMs

Bad things about him
-Many weaknesses
-Bad defenses
-Evolves again at lvl 36

The Hard Hitting Grass Turtle, Turtwig

I absolutely LOVE Turtwig. I chose him in my restart. Turtwig may be hard to train, and the rival battle, you may not win. But, hang in there! It will pay off in a long run. Many people don't like Turtwig because he evolves at lvl 18, latest of his brothers. When around some Pokemon who cover his weaknesses, Turtwig will truly pay off the hard training. I highly recommend him.

Good things about him
-Can learn a variety of moves
-Learns good moves
-VERY strong
-Great for strategies
-Good TMs

Bad things about him
-Open to many weaknesses
-Hard to train
-Horrible Speed

The Hardy Water Penguin, Piplup

I can't say many good things about Piplup, other than his Defenses and Sp Atk being terrific. 2nd latest to evolve at lvl 16, Piplup is an adequate starter.

Good things about him

-Can take a hit
-Can learn a variety of TMs
-Good Defenses
-Good Sp Atk

Bad things about him

-Not good attack
-Easily defeated
-Bad in most gyms
-Hard to train
-Not very good speed

Now, the part we've all been wating for, Pokemon To Help Your Starter.

POKEMON TO HELP YOUR STARTER

Chimchar: Chimchar doesn't need a whole bunch of help like his brothers, but a suggest you get a Shinx to help his Water weakness.

Turtwig: Tutwig does need a lot of help. Take a Ponyta and a Shinx, Ponyta to help Turtwig's Fire weakness, Shinx to help Turtwig's Flying weakness. But Ponyta and Shinx share one major weakness; Ground. Turtwig can handle that for them. ;)

Piplup: Piplup does need help, but less than Turtwig. Take a Starly to handle Piplup's Grass Weakness.

That's all. But there will be more guides to help you, from me. Good Luck!

~Sparky~