PDA

View Full Version : Normal Type Gym Leader of Pokebay

rog02cr
05-31-2012, 07:22 PM
~Welcome, to the Osaka Normal Gym of Pokebay!~

Check out the badge! Whoever beats the Normal Gym will get this badge with their user name on it along with a prized pokemon!
http://www.pokebay.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2199&d=1343369162
RULES:

Wonder Launcher Off.

No unreleased DW.

Lvl 65 Battles/Flat Battles

No Hacked Pkmn.

~Battling Rules~

No:

+ Sleep Clause
+ OHKO Clause
+ Freeze Clause

Outcomes of battles

Badges given 7

Nekodah 0-1
Alyssa 0-1
JunipersHelp 0-1
truffledude12 0-1
pokezekrom222 0-1

Badges worked for 3

Pokemontrader 1-1
Daisy1 1-1
GaryeffinOak 2-1

Yet to obtain Badge 8

Lilligant 1-0
EspeonFTW 1-0
DeltaC4 1-0
Godhand 1-0
Delusional 1-0
Nom 4-0
NuclearEraser 1-0
thorn0014 1-0

spacecop1199
05-31-2012, 07:34 PM
That is pretty boss.

rog02cr
07-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Anyone want to challenge me PM me or Leave a comment on the thread!

EzzIlI
07-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Really? Why can't you use a 'Anti-team'?

rog02cr
07-20-2012, 10:45 PM
Really? Why can't you use a 'Anti-team'?
I't's just too easy...

EzzIlI
07-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Anti-team: easy for challengers, hard for gymleader
Normal team: hard for challengers, easy for gymleader

'Easy' for who? I don't want to be rude or something, but a 'Anti-team' is called strategy. A gymleader is supposed to defeat the challenger no matter what type he/she's using. So if I use a Ghost team, you normally should be able to take it out with other types you've learned your Pokémon. For example Snorlax, he/she can learn Thunder, Blizzard, Fire Blast, ... Taking out a Ghost Pokémon with other moves, doesn't that make it more fun? Strategy for both challenger AND gymleader.

Again, I don't want to be rude, but this is in my opinion the definition of a gym battle.

rog02cr
07-21-2012, 12:03 AM
Anti-team: easy for challengers, hard for gymleader
Normal team: hard for challengers, easy for gymleader

'Easy' for who? I don't want to be rude or something, but a 'Anti-team' is called strategy. A gymleader is supposed to defeat the challenger no matter what type he/she's using. So if I use a Ghost team, you normally should be able to take it out with other types you've learned your Pokémon. For example Snorlax, he/she can learn Thunder, Blizzard, Fire Blast, ... Taking out a Ghost Pokémon with other moves, doesn't that make it more fun? Strategy for both challenger AND gymleader.

Again, I don't want to be rude, but this is in my opinion the definition of a gym battle.

I understand but just "what if" the person comes with two ghost types, two fighting types and two dark or rock types... doesn't that give it away who is going to win? I respect your opinion but it's just that even IF I do have Normal type pokes with different types of moves such as those you mentioned they are still not as strong as the actual type that corresponds to that move. I'm also a member of pokemongts and all their gyms have that as a rule. But the point here is that I mean you CAN bring those types to make it more intense and I know I can counter them but again there's a difference between bringing 3 or 4 of those types rather than bringing all six of them. I don't mind if you have 3 or 4 that are at an advantage i just don't want people bringing in all 6 of them Fighting or Ghost you know?

and I understand you completely Espeon, It's just that if you see the anime ash could easily just bring all the types and have an advantage but you occasionally see him using pokes that are at a disadvantage to prove himself.

EzzIlI
07-21-2012, 12:51 AM
It's just that if you see the anime ash could easily just bring all the types and have an advantage but you occasionally see him using pokes that are at a disadvantage to prove himself.

That's true! The reason why people use Pokémon that are at a disadvantage against a certain type is because they want to challenge themselves. It's not about the difficulty of a battle, but about the fun. That's why people battle in the first place, I understand! The reason why you're making a rule like that is to keep a battle fun, for both players. And it must be boring, as a gymleader, if your opponent is using the same Pokémon types everytime. I totally get it now! Sorry I confronted you with that!
''It's not about win or lose, It´s the path you choose'' - Season 14 Theme Song

I completely understand you now. Thanks for teaching me this wise lesson! ;)

-Espeon

rog02cr
07-21-2012, 01:24 AM
That's true! The reason why people use Pokémon that are at a disadvantage against a certain type is because they want to challenge themselves. It's not about the difficulty of a battle, but about the fun. That's why people battle in the first place, I understand! The reason why you're making a rule like that is to keep a battle fun, for both players. And it must be boring, as a gymleader, if your opponent is using the same Pokémon types everytime. I totally get it now! Sorry I confronted you with that!
''It's not about win or lose, It´s the path you choose'' - Season 14 Theme Song

I completely understand you now. Thanks for teaching me this wise lesson! ;)

-Espeon

I mean it's not boring for us because it lets us look for other strategies to counter our disadvantages. The thing is that we'll be the only one challenging ourselves and not the actual trainer who is battling us because it's just going to be easy for the challengers. What I'm trying to do is make it a challenge for both of us you know! Not only myself because the way you learn is by always taking the path that has more challenges so that way at the end you know how much work you've put into one thing and you can value that rather than obtaining things with no work whatsoever. And no need to apologize by confronting me, It's your opinion and you should always say what's on your mind, your opinion will always count!

And this is not only in Pokemon battles but also in Life! :)

icedragonite
07-21-2012, 01:53 AM
ill battle pm me

Daisy1
07-21-2012, 03:01 AM
I WANNA TO BATTLE!!!!! :D

Daisy1
07-21-2012, 03:05 AM
I'll be using 2 fighiting type, 2 water type, 1 dragon type, 1 electrick.....is that okay? and I would like it to be a flat battle. Could you VM me when youre ready to do that?

Del
07-22-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm ready to battle you(and anyone else) if I can have a flat battle. PM/VM me whenever you're ready to battle me.

rog02cr
07-23-2012, 04:47 AM
Ok guys I pm'd each of you! I'll be waiting! :)

Grey Fullbuster
07-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Can I battle please

rog02cr
07-26-2012, 11:04 PM
ok sure not a problem! but take into account that you've already won the badge :)

lilligant
07-28-2012, 10:27 PM
I want to battle u...

rog02cr
07-28-2012, 10:34 PM
ok Lilligant my fc is on my profile I'll meet you there

hyacinth
07-28-2012, 10:44 PM
I'm a loser...
That....
That hurt my ego.

XD Jk, I have no ego ;D

rog02cr
07-28-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm a loser...
That....
That hurt my ego.

XD Jk, I have no ego ;D
Oh, Sorry I just didn't know what else to put on there... I didn't mean it in a bad way... normally you say winners vs. losers but i'll change it don't worry!!! :) and don't underestimate yourself you are AWESOME!!!

pokemon master b14
07-31-2012, 05:58 PM
i'll take you on your pokemon will be disentergrated by the power of my pokemon ;)

pokemon master b14
07-31-2012, 05:59 PM
i wwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnttttt ttttttttttttttttt to battle u please ... and win did u say if i beat u i get a free ledgend and a badge with my user name on it if thats true give my your name and friend code and bring it on

rog02cr
07-31-2012, 06:44 PM
i wwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnttttt ttttttttttttttttt to battle u please ... and win did u say if i beat u i get a free ledgend and a badge with my user name on it if thats true give my your name and friend code and bring it on

Sure no prob and I'm giving out a shiny starter from unova region your pick. ;) and I can battle later on, my fc is on my profile.

rog02cr
08-08-2012, 02:38 PM
If anyone wants to battle me or all the other Gym Leaders vm/pm us!

Josh :p
09-12-2012, 09:36 PM
ill challenge u rog

purplebunny13
09-16-2012, 04:57 PM
i will battle u