PDA

View Full Version : What was your favorite Pokemon game and why?

robotree
10-31-2011, 05:57 AM
Mine would definitely be Crystal just because of how much there was to do in that game. There was the bug catching contests, shiny pokemon, breeding, the cloning glitch, and who could forget the Game Corner. Even if you got bored of training and battling there was still something different to do. Yeah this might seem standard in the games now but when you went from playing Red and Blue as a kid to Crystal, it was a big deal. But enough of my nostalgia, I'm sure the rest of you have your own favorite version you want to talk about.

Gaming Master 2000
10-31-2011, 06:17 AM
Looking back on it now I'm partial to the original Red. It was the first game I owned, I worked hard to get all 151 pokemon relatively legit (I may have cloned master balls but other than that it was all legit). Every game adds something new which is great but I can't go past what started it all for me.

Gameboy1018
10-31-2011, 06:20 AM
soulsilver and heartgold duh
i agree crystal was good but thats y ss and hg are the best they are crystal but better. i never got bored with ss cuz there is always something to do like the bug contest, pokeathlon, re-challenging the gym leaders, safari zone re-battling trainers its the best game

SHINY SQUIRTLE
10-31-2011, 01:42 PM
yeah ss and hg cause you get to choose a starter pokemon from 3 regions :hoenn,kanto,jhoto

ShadowTheZoroark
10-31-2011, 06:57 PM
Probably Emerald It was my first game green is my Fav color and Rayquaza is probably one of my fav legendaries and I love just about all of the pokemon from that game ^^

Pikachu Belle
10-31-2011, 07:32 PM
Crystal was amazing seeing as it was the first game to have a girl character :3 also I kinda loved running after suicine and I tried catching but he always ran away. :( it was good because it had both version Pokemon like skarmory :D

IcyxDoll
11-01-2011, 02:02 AM
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald for me. It had beautiful music, and was definately the more nature-based of the Pokemon games~<3
Though I also loved Gold/Silver/Crystal for the introduction to shinies was cool, and the mythological aspect, and also, some great music~!

Akira<3
11-01-2011, 11:03 PM
I loved Pokemon Emerald the best like you said IcyXdoll because the music was great and thats when they first had the Battle Frontier :D

cardnals2472
11-02-2011, 12:30 AM
sup are u ready man lol

messy_01
11-02-2011, 02:05 AM
My first game was Soul Silver, and I'd have 2 say thats my favourite :D

Pika.Shu
11-02-2011, 10:26 PM
my favorite has to be firered, it was my first pokemon game, to me it was the first pokemon game out, i never heard of Red or Blue until later, I love all the new games and dont play firered to much anymore, but i gotta say that one is my favorite game and always will be

Akira<3
11-03-2011, 01:37 AM
I totally Agree but I feel the Best Ledgendarys were in Sinnoh Region Best Dragon types! <3

ZoruaBoo
11-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Ruby! It was my first Pokemon game and those memories will always be with me!

shinymaster
12-03-2011, 09:23 AM
hg and ss best games ever

UltraSound
12-14-2011, 04:18 PM
I like SS the best, but I have only had Platinum, SS and White after all. Also, SS was my first pokémon game. But I really like how they made ALL pokémon able to be following you, think how big job it has been to do that!

Rico the Lucario
12-18-2011, 03:14 PM
i cant decide between diamond and white. They are both so cool!!!!!

racmad
12-29-2011, 11:56 PM
My favorite would have to have been leafgreen because it was my very first pokemon. I caught as many as that game would allow me because back then I had no way of trading others as I didn't know any others who played. But currently I would have to say that my new favorite would be heartgold because they have made trading so much easier and the game is more intricate giving you more to do and allowing you to collect more pokemon within one game. I have yet to play black or white because I have not yet completed my pokedex.

Gin_Neko
02-10-2012, 12:38 AM
Well I like SS and HG because my fav starters as a kid was the johto.But my bro lost his emerald and i couldn't catch all pokemon to get them.But when SS HG came out i finally got them.But my favorite was sapphire because it was my first and its where i got my sceptile.

vyik
04-20-2012, 11:26 AM
My third game was Emerald, and the music, gameplay, and rematches were great! Of coure, the Battle Frontier topped it off

GaryEhffinJoaker
05-24-2012, 03:19 AM
I've played Red/Yellow, Gold/Crystal, FireRed/Ruby/Emerald, Platinum/HeartGold, and Black and White. Easily the best was HG. It took Crystal, a Classic, and made it better in every last way. Nostalgia can't compete with a game that is simply well done and phenomenal. BW was a contender for best game except it ended to soon and didn't have much of an impact after beating the elite like HG does with going to Kanto and fighting Red. That climb up Mt. Silver to Red was simply incredible.

Baby Koga
05-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Yellow was my first and still my fave. It was the first to have a poke following you around and it resembles the anime by fighting Jessie and james... Awesome! :)

Exflar
05-25-2012, 07:33 PM
As much as I love the original games for their "childhood and nostalgic" (ugh, I hate using that word) charm, my top three favourite pokemon games are rather recent.

Emerald had perfected and refined the already stunning Hoenn games. It introduced a new challenge and hearty post game plot. A lot of the version exclusive legendaries were made available as well.

Black and White have the best graphic engine optimization yet! The thought provoking plot and character development is most noteworthy.

HeartGold and SoulSilver, as GaryeffinOak so perfectly stated, had the perfect balance of innovation and nostalgia (eughhh). It contained all of the charisma from the original versions and set it in a beautifully rendered region. Not to mention, HGSS and GSC had the longest post game journey to date!! The addition of the walking pokemon and pokewalker made pokemon training much more personal.

PokeBabe
05-25-2012, 07:35 PM
I know its silly, but i loved pokemon yellow purely down to the fact that i LOVE Pikichu and it's the first ever pokemon game where you get to have a pokemon follow you around all the time, that you can talk to and stuff. The first before SS and HG. The Classics were the best....but i do love the GTS and wi-fi trade option in the later games...much easier :D

M1gu3ru
06-02-2012, 02:30 PM
White :)