PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 4] Don't you hate it when...............

Ghost Trainer
06-09-2012, 04:38 AM
Ok I was playing HG and I was in the safari area and I ran into a shiny raticate. I tossed a pokeball at it and it ran away. I got so mad. Now Im trying to chain a few in pearl just to get it back. This is only the 4th shiny that I have found at the normal chances. My catching rate is 2 out of 4.

Im so happy I chained 4 shiny raticates before my chain broke. :) I got that raticate back :)

Fazbear_Ent.©
06-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Wow that does sound like a pain. I had an instance in Pokemon White where I had a wild random encounter with a shiny Jigglypuff. Unfortunetly, I wasn't paying attention as I was trying to rapidly level my new Haxorus and was just having it attack while watching tv. I only noticed it was shiny when I glanced back to my screen, to see if I'd leveled up, and noticed the coloring was off on Jigglypuff. I literally smacked my froehead, hard, and non-verbally scolded myself for making such a stupid mistake... Luckily 2 hours later I found a shiny Golduck in the same area and caught it. Overall my shiny catching percentage is 80% over 15 years (gen 2-5 shinies were actualy available.)

pokemondan
06-09-2012, 05:30 PM
I've missed out on a few shinies. Shinx, Seedot and Rogenrolla (which looked REALLY cool D: )
One of which was a Chansey in the Leaf Green safari zone. It got away!
I think I almost threw the GBA across the room.

Later on in Emerald, I was extremely fortunate to get a SHINY Torchic for my starter and later on a shiny Duskull at Mt.Pyre.

EDIT: The duskull MAY have been on Ruby, I can't remember for sures..

the pokechamp 1
06-10-2012, 08:53 AM
i found my shiny in platinum a graveler it used explosion on itself stupid graveler

icedragonite
06-10-2012, 01:14 PM
I was lucky my only wild shiny was a quagsire in the safari zone and I caught it

Baby Koga
06-11-2012, 11:38 AM
I caught a shiny girafirig on hg but then foolishly restarted my game out of boredom! X(

doxeyjacob10
06-24-2012, 10:11 PM
what are the odds of finding a wild shiny?

Lord Of Storms
06-25-2012, 12:06 AM
i waas really young and i didnt know what it was i found an (shiny) orange wooper and i tried to catch it but it ran away and i then later on i restarted my game and once again i found the shiny wooper and again it ran away i was dissipointed but i didnt know what it really was and now i know what it was and im like i shoulda caught it :(

Rico the Lucario
06-25-2012, 11:25 AM
i actually caught a shiny pikachu in diamond, when i was on my way to catch dialga.

ZangooseClaw
07-19-2012, 07:26 AM
that happened to me too! I found a shiny hoppip in the safari zone and It ran away when I threw a pokeball! I was in the car so therefore when I screamed N00000000000000000000ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo... I got some very strange looks from around me my mums reaction was the worst . but I missed so many shinys the very first I found was a shiny pidgy I started my soulsilver like 2 weeks ago and had no idea what shiny pokemon were or even if they existed. so I looked at this shiny pidgy I thought my game must have a glitch or that it was going wrong so I killed it :( then about a month later I found out what shiny pokemon were and almost thrashed my head off my shoulders because I was so cross. but recently I chained a shiny starly so that kinda made up for it :)

fr0stychao
07-29-2012, 06:19 PM
In SoulSilver I had a similar case. I was down to one ball in the safari, and then I encountered a shiny Murkrow. It was literally the first shiny I have ever encountered in my life. (Besides the red Garados) I nearly died when I saw it; I even took a picture of the screen for proof. With extreme luck I actually caught it first try, and it remains my only real shiny pokemon today.

Kyzon
08-19-2012, 06:40 AM
x.x i have countless pokemon games from different generations and have beaten and played them countless times

and in my years of playing i have never encountered a natural shiny

=u= aren't i just so lucky....

bounceviper123
08-21-2012, 04:05 PM
i got shiny grimer, but i was tricked into tranferring it to black, now i have shiny skiploom, im gonna be smart about it.

Chikorita
08-24-2012, 01:46 AM
I've been lucky enough in a way that it hasn't happened to me. Otherwise I'd have a big scar on my head, as a consecuense of intense smacks against a table.
I've just encountered three natural shinies so far. Its so hurtful. I've been trying using the Poké-Radar, or just leveling up and there's no chance of getting any shiny. And whenever they appear, they are all male...

bounceviper123
08-24-2012, 09:25 PM
heh...heh....heh....

Nekogirl
08-24-2012, 09:39 PM
I know what you mean! I found a shiny rattata on my leaf green game, but guess what. I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A POKEMON OR POKEBALLS TO CATCH IT! I just started the game when I found it! It was the first pokemon I encountered when I started playing it! I'm so sad! XC

ShadowPhoenix
10-18-2012, 04:04 PM
for me though, it's worse. in my diamond version, i just beat the elite four because i was aiming for giratina. on my fifth or sixth try, it was a shiny. i was singing hallelujah all up until i clicked the wrong button. instead of my usual habit of of pressing bag to pokeballs to ultra, i pressed fight and flame wheel when it was barely alive by 5 hp. i nearly released that pokemon for doing that

Tensa Zangetsu
12-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Once I was playing on diamond, on my way to catch giratina on the small patch of grass I encountered a natural, shiny, staravia! I was dancing of joy I lowered its hp, put it to sleep, and started throwing ultra balls. I almost got it, but when it woke up, it used whirlwind. I got so mad, I threw my ds to the floor with all my might. Out broke and I had to wait nearly a year to get another ds.XD

MORNING SUN
03-29-2013, 12:11 AM
what are the odds of finding a wild shiny?

The odds of finding a wild shiny are 1 in 8,192.

Caseryn
03-29-2013, 12:16 AM
When I was first starting off in diamond, (My 1st Pokémon game) I ran into 3 SHINIES. Two starlys, and a bidoof, without knowing what they were, I ran thinking it was a glitch. WORST. MISTAKE. EVER.

Nerflover787
10-10-2013, 05:05 AM
The only non-cheated shiny I have found was a Gastly in the Old Chateu in Platinum.