PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia

mattpetramala
11-28-2011, 10:44 PM
I remember getting Gold version when it came out, so many years ago. It was my favorite generation of Pokemon games, that's probably what made it so heartbreaking when my silver and crystal versions died :(

Amazingly, the time is stuck on my gold version so the in-game clock doesn't run down the battery of the game. So I can still turn it on and look at all my pokes, I just can't save.

I went out and bought HeartGold a couple weeks ago (finally) and I wanted to play through with the exact same team I had in gold version. So I beat the Elite Four with a pretty decent team I assembled but spent the post-E4 gathering and training my original gold team. It's just so cool kinda reliving my childhood with this game, I'm so grateful for these remakes.

I'm sure probably no one's gonna read this, but that's okay lol just wanted to share some of my 2nd gen nostalgia xD

Lelouch vi Britannia
11-28-2011, 10:48 PM
I know what you mean when they made the remake of red version it brought me back when I was like 10

mattpetramala
11-28-2011, 10:52 PM
I know what you mean when they made the remake of red version it brought me back when I was like 10

Red version was actually my first pokemon game, so I have very fond memories of it as well. Of course nothing beat yellow, I mean who wouldn't want all three starters AND a little pikachu that follows you around? Classic.

Lelouch vi Britannia
11-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Yea pokemon red rocks it was also my first pokemon game I bought and yellow version was awesome too

Velvet
11-29-2011, 02:52 AM
Yay, Red was my first too!

icedragonite
06-16-2012, 10:55 AM
red is the best and original