PDA

View Full Version : Music

mattpetramala
11-30-2011, 04:03 AM
Which game or generation do you think had the best music and why? Also what were your favorite pieces of music from any pokemon game?

For me it had to be the second generation, hands down (I realize my posts are starting to sound biased toward Johto lol). The music was just so memorable. Like the surfing theme for example, just a beautiful little piece of music. I also particularly liked the themes for Mt. Silver, Blackthorn City, and Azalea town. And hearing all the Kanto towns' themes remixed was really nostalgic and cool. I didn't particularly like the johto remixes on HG and SS, although once I found the GB sounds item I was satisfied ;)

So feel free to share and discuss your favorite pokemon music from any game or generation.

DejaVu146
12-09-2011, 04:29 PM
I like 4th and 5th gen music...however I've always liked the music played in Pallet Town in G/S/C

UltraSound
12-12-2011, 08:22 PM
I think Johto's music is the best. The worst is probably Lavender Town theme, I don't like it, it just makes me feel...like I'm not safe anymore. It's like going slowly insane or something...It's just uncomfortable to me some way.

Shiny Shinx~<3
12-13-2011, 01:41 AM
Well, tied between Hoenn and Johto. But Hoenn especially. In my personal opinion, 3rd gen was also my favourite game, so that may inspire the favourite music part, but, I think it just flowed so freely. And it also was my fave villain theme (for Aqua and Magma). But Johto sounded really cool, and I can't really explain the music, but, I guess what you said, mattpetramala, would kind of put it into words for me~ :3

Umari
12-14-2011, 03:48 AM
I loved Hoenns music in general, 'specially the E4. BUT, I liked R/B/Y Gym Leaders the best :3

Exflar
01-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Pokemon's game soundtrack, no matter what game, is superb and very memorable. Every generation and region has it's characteristics :)
Gen I and II's scratchy 8 bit established the game's classic anthems.
Gen III is noted for it's grandeur and blaring trumpets lol
Gen IV's music was very broad, containing everything from jazz style to neoclassical (Cynthia's piano theme XDDD)
Gen V had a ton of synth and tech sounds implemented while maintaining the integrity of pokemon's classic themes

For me, National Park (G/S/C/HG/SS), N's Farewell (B/W), and SS Anne (RBGY/FRLG/RSE) really resonate.

vyik
04-20-2012, 11:36 AM
I liked the Johto region's music, but Hoenn takes the prize. Lance's theme is cool, but Hoenn has the Battle Frontier and Team Magma/Aqua themes. And I like the music during the rain/drought at the end.

blaziking
04-24-2012, 10:26 PM
I loved the surfing music in Hoenn!!

Mogwai
04-29-2012, 07:02 PM
I love the music in all of the generations except for the first one, but I have to say the Goldenrod and Olivine tracks from Generation 2 are the best.

asplinduh
06-15-2012, 06:09 AM
probably my favorite is ruby/sapphire/emerald in 3rd gen. but i do also LOVE the music from silver on the GBC.