PDA

View Full Version : Your collectables and cherished possession

Gaming Master 2000
11-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Almost everyone has something they like to collect or they might have a few item that they love for what ever reason such as an autograph of one of your favourite celebrities.

I have a heap of autographs from celebrities I've met at 'Armageddon Expo' the last few years. Mostly Stargate actors (Michael Shanks, Ben Browder, Paul McGillion, Joe Flannigan, Jason Momoa, Torri Higginson) but also John DiMaggio from Futurama. I also have my pictures taken with almost all of them.

Just recently I acquired what I consider to be some rare Pokemon Collectables. A Celebi and Deoxys distribution cart (Picture (http://www.gm2k.net/rwp/images/pokemon_carts/carts_side_by_side.jpg)). The Deoxys cart is the cartridge used to give out the GameStop Deoxys from 2008. The Celebi cart is the Winter 2011 Celebi (also given out at GameStop stores).

So what's in your collection?

Arcana6th
11-30-2011, 10:16 PM
i have a deoxys from game stop too
and my hobby is collecting rare pokemon and legendaries i use to have 12 legit shaymn

Pika.Shu
11-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Not sure if i have any real collectables, but i have some random coins from other countries(only a couple), i am working on getting every main pokemon game, someone gave me a bunch of pokemon that are awesome(no matter what the offer is, i say no to trading them) ummm, nothing else i would count as cherished or collectables that i can think of.....

Velvet
12-01-2011, 04:49 PM
I collect shot glasses (or if you're at Disneyland, "toothpick cups"), and ask people to get them for me when they go places. I have them from four or five countries and about 10 US states. I have about 80 at the moment.

I also love foreign money. I have two or three jars full of rarish US coins and foreign coins. I have a lot more countries represented in money, but I haven't counted lately.

GM2K: I'm super jealous about your John DiMaggio and Jason Momoa autographs!

kakari
12-05-2011, 09:37 PM
oh yeah i collect pokemon plushes i havent got much i got robot mew , pikachu and maril
i also have plushe torchic and teddiursa wich my perants said it was expensive to get

i collected cuddly toy parrots when i was little i didnt like barbies or teddy bears i just
liked parrots i named all of them polly i still have my first parrot toy i could never give
it away

so dose anyone have a cherished toy they loved when they where little

ZoruaBoo
12-11-2011, 12:22 PM
I collect books!:3 Not the most exciting thing to collect for some people, but to me they are an escape from everyday troubles and problems. Not that I'm not happy with my life, I enjoy it and I don't really have anything to complain about compared to other less fortunate people, but books bring a magic and joy that is hard to find in real life.

Pika.Shu
12-12-2011, 12:15 PM
I collect books!:3 Not the most exciting thing to collect for some people, but to me they are an escape from everyday troubles and problems. Not that I'm not happy with my life, I enjoy it and I don't really have anything to complain about compared to other less fortunate people, but books bring a magic and joy that is hard to find in real life.

same here

UltraSound
12-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Not going to explain why these things are important to me, but one broken piece of plastic from a bus card cover thingy and a few tufts of red scarf.

Velvet
12-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Yay for book collecting!

GenerousTrades
01-01-2012, 05:54 PM
I had a gold coin. But I ate it :D

Darks
01-11-2012, 06:33 AM
I'm so lame. I collect rocks. They aren't regular rocks. Some have beautiful colors with amazing patterns on them. What makes them really special to me is who gave them to me. My brother gave me a pink and grayish rock with a diamond sticking out from underneath. That was actually what started my collection.

The Kiwi Dragon
12-01-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm so lame. I collect rocks. They aren't regular rocks. Some have beautiful colors with amazing patterns on them. What makes them really special to me is who gave them to me. My brother gave me a pink and grayish rock with a diamond sticking out from underneath. That was actually what started my collection.

I collect rocks too! It's not lame at all! :p

Dhomie
12-02-2012, 04:48 AM
I just started my yugioh card collection. I already have over 500!!!!!!! I dont know why but I am really into them a lot. Maby it is their design

Kurosaki Ichigo
12-02-2012, 04:54 AM
I mostly collect baseball cards and yugioh cards

ZoruaBoo
12-02-2012, 04:15 PM
I collect People. In my basement. *cough*

In all seriousness I collect really weird things....

~Note books, I have one that has the pattern of the London underground map, and another one which is human body parts so you can doodle tattoos.
~ Cow Print items, such as tape measure, mug, pens... etc.
~ Glass Animals, I have a few rare glass pieces and I have a lot of paperweights.

kakari
12-02-2012, 10:49 PM
my collection started when i was realy little i collected toy parrots i wasnt intrested in anything else just parrots
i named em all polly

and i collect pokemon things and parrot things such as cups pens key rings jewlry every thing

Pikachu2000
12-03-2012, 06:06 PM
im cheirishing all of pokemon games i almost got all of the gens i need a gen 2 game and diamond or pearl

i also collect signictures i also collect signictures ive got paul and barry chuckle aswell as some others ............
whos tht from futurama which one is it fry????

The Kiwi Dragon
12-04-2012, 05:02 AM
im cheirishing all of pokemon games i almost got all of the gens i need a gen 2 game and diamond or pearl

i also collect signictures i also collect signictures ive got paul and barry chuckle aswell as some others ............
whos tht from futurama which one is it fry????

You've got signatures of the Chuckle Brothers? :D Those guys are awesome, they were a good part of my early childhood until I left the UK! :o

emigami
12-06-2012, 06:04 PM
I still have that mew card from the first pokemon movie... Other than that, I have a few music boxes friends and family have given me.

Pikachu2000
12-06-2012, 06:21 PM
You've got signatures of the Chuckle Brothers? :D Those guys are awesome, they were a good part of my early childhood until I left the UK! :o

yes i have i have pics il put them up soon!

The Kiwi Dragon
12-11-2012, 11:44 AM
yes i have i have pics il put them up soon!

Top stuff!

UltraSound
12-11-2012, 04:36 PM
I collect ducks. I have a derp load of different stickers, small statues, toys/plushies, magnets...I even have a duck table on my wall. And a duck clock. AND a duck pillow. And duck pencil case, pencils, rubbers, a sharpener, a ruler... AND A DUCK STATUE THAT GLOWS IN THE DARK, HOW AWESOME IS THAT? And I ain't stopping! 83 ...does anyone even say "ain't" anymore?
I also collect anything my bf drops. :P Call me obsessed, call me overly attached, it's just my small, silly hobby. For example, I have a few pieces of scarf he ripped off from his scarf like 3-4 years ago. And a mountain of paper he ripped off from his notebook while suffering from boredom. :P I dunno why...

The Kiwi Dragon
12-11-2012, 08:59 PM
I collect ducks. I have a derp load of different stickers, small statues, toys/plushies, magnets...I even have a duck table on my wall. And a duck clock. AND a duck pillow. And duck pencil case, pencils, rubbers, a sharpener, a ruler... AND A DUCK STATUE THAT GLOWS IN THE DARK, HOW AWESOME IS THAT? And I ain't stopping! 83 ...does anyone even say "ain't" anymore?
I also collect anything my bf drops. :P Call me obsessed, call me overly attached, it's just my small, silly hobby. For example, I have a few pieces of scarf he ripped off from his scarf like 3-4 years ago. And a mountain of paper he ripped off from his notebook while suffering from boredom. :P I dunno why...

LOL :D I still say 'Ain't' on occasion...

groovychainsaw
12-22-2012, 02:50 PM
I have a extensive comic book collection, over 20 long boxes of various runs from just with just about every comic company out there lol, i also have a 5 shelve bookcase filled mith marvel essentials and other various trades.

chuwachuwa
01-02-2013, 09:22 PM
I collect pokemon figures my main ones are Servine, Dewott and Swanna (I got them for Christmas) and I have alot of 4th gen and 3rd, 2nd and 1st gen ones (Like 120)

Oh and I also collect Pokemon games I am saving up 4 pkmn black and white 2

I have to agree with ZoruaBoo notebooks ( mini ) are the best I have a small blue one and I am jelous because someone that I know has a pink and yellow one I loveeeeeeee yellow