PDA

View Full Version : Will Pokémon Ever End?

Jaejoong
12-03-2011, 08:50 PM
This is something I've been thinking about for a while now and I'm sure many others have been too: will the Pokémon series ever end? Specifically the main RPG series.

Just how long can they continue to make unique Pokémon designs that will please the audiences? (5th Generation's Trubbish, for example, takes it a little too far in my opinion. A Pokémon literally made from rubbish? What more is to come in the future?) Of course not all designs get worse as the Generations continue. I, personally, quite like 5th Generation's starter monsters and quite a few of the dragons, such as Hydreigon.
But then there is also the problem of difficulty. Each new Generation requires the player, ultimately, to capture all the Pokémon from all the previous Generations. So what about when it gets to, say, generation eight? Estimating just one hundred new monsters (less than what it actually is) per Generation that will total 800. Are people really going to be that patient if the time comes?

So how about all of you? Do you think the series will ever stop? Do you want the series to stop? I look forward to reading the different opinions.

Pikachu Belle
12-03-2011, 08:59 PM
I dont want the Pokemon series to EVER end! Its just to good :) But I get what your saying, it would be hard.
But not if you had patience and time to capture all of them then yeah!.

blaziking
12-03-2011, 09:06 PM
i would guess they will squeeze at least one more generation in but i hope they are a little more creative than they were with gen 5. I grew up with pokemon and i dont want to see it end but would rather it die with dignity than them taking the p**s with the new pokemon. Also there is already like 649 in five generations so i make it to be just over a thousand in 8 generations which does seem a bith much to catch....

Chespinite
12-04-2011, 03:05 AM
I think one day pokemon will end. But reruns will keep on going for a while. I think they should stop at an even 10 gens. with at least 1500 pokemon or more. As for he 5 gen creativeness, well Black was my first pokemon game ever, I just love them all in 5th gen. :)

Chespinite
12-04-2011, 03:18 AM
Oh one more thing. Even though catching 649 pokemon as it is, is hard enough, plus events, side quests, training, breeding, Battling, the main game, anime Ect. Is a lot. Its what makes pokemon so good. There is so much to do, and see in the game. It gives the game an edge over all other games. What I mean is you cant finish the game (If you dont hack) in one day, or a week, or even a month. It take a while to compelte everything. So pokemon is a game that people like me, who like to have game that last more than 1 week, can always have a game to go back to and still not have it be boring.

dec
12-04-2011, 11:13 AM
i agree with pink lugia poke mon will never get boring

ZoruaBoo
12-08-2011, 08:34 PM
I hope not! Although, if it does end, I think it should go down with a BOOM! They should create one last game with ALL the regions ever created in! That would keep you playing for months....

DejaVu146
12-08-2011, 09:26 PM
I grew up on Pokemon also and as much as I hate to say it, eventually all good things will come to an end. I don't know when. Maybe we will see another Generation, maybe we will see 3 more generations, maybe even 10 more, who knows. But eventually, it will come to an end. I really hate saying that, but it's the same for Mario, Zelda, Sonic, etc etc.

Velvet
12-09-2011, 05:43 AM
ZoruaBoo that is a fantastic idea!! XD

ZoruaBoo
12-09-2011, 06:34 PM
ZoruaBoo that is a fantastic idea!! XD

*bows* Why thank you! So far, if you created a game with all the Generations in, there would be.....*thinks*... 40 Gyms, 5 leagues, 15 starter pokemon and 6 rivals (two in B/W).

Velvet
12-09-2011, 06:48 PM
If that game was made I could probably play it for the rest of my life, lol.

Pika.Shu
12-10-2011, 05:31 AM
I grew up with pokemon games, and I agree, I am pretty sure somewhere it will end up stopping, but I think Im going to keep playing until then and probably a little after. I dont know how much longer it will last, but I think that idea of having one ultimate game at the end would be sweet, maybe at the title screen you would end up choosing which gen you wanted to play, then you could transfer from inside the game after you beat the elite 4 in that region. I also agree that one of the best things about pokemon is even after beating the elite 4 is you still have things to do, and if you completely beat it you can try to get all the pokemon, so yeah, I like how it isnt a game you finish in a week, I cant wait to see the next generation, hopefully it will only get better and more fun with each generation they create.

Monty
12-14-2011, 03:50 AM
Probably not. And its really not general merchandising anymore. It's the game. Even the generation 4 games sold the most on the DS than just about any other non-pokemon/RPG genre games. The games have been generally the same but they are highly addictive even too non-avid fans of the series. So really as long as the games sell it'll always have a place in the world. Though I myself would like it to end definitely with dignity first of all....and secondly maybe a HUGE HUGE game that allows for access to all generations. Since fans like myself haven't been able to keep consoles/handhelds and games to "catch em all".

kakari
12-21-2011, 11:26 PM
well when i was playing pokemon black i did think that they where running out of animals they base there pokemon on
if they do creat another generation and its there last they should include all the best bit of of previouse games and have kids vote for fun new ideas to include

to be able to walk with pokemon again would be cool but there should be an optionto choose to walk with them cus some people dont like walking with there pokemon but others do

SaintJimmyRowe
12-21-2011, 11:28 PM
I hope not! Although, if it does end, I think it should go down with a BOOM! They should create one last game with ALL the regions ever created in! That would keep you playing for months....

if pokémon does ever end (which i hope it wont) then i agree they should put all regions in one game +1 extra region to play through with new pokémon. it should go through them all in order giving you the choice of a starter in each one :D

SHINY SQUIRTLE
12-21-2011, 11:34 PM
if it ends i wish that when it ends they could release again all the events as bye at least

Monty
12-22-2011, 07:13 AM
if pokémon does ever end (which i hope it wont) then i agree they should put all regions in one game +1 extra region to play through with new pokémon. it should go through them all in order giving you the choice of a starter in each one :D

Yeah I mentioned this earlier. With the way handheld games are (which are LOADS more fun than any of the console games I've played) This is what they should do. I'm sure many might not agree with me...But I think a 6th generation is all I'd want them to squeeze out of the franchise but then let it go peacefully. The only reason it really won't die is because we're fueling it. Pokemon selling more of it's games on Nintendo's handhelds than flagship titles. Nothing wrong with that but when you look at some mons they are just running out of idea. Some are good but then most are iffy.

NightShadowJ
12-22-2011, 07:33 PM
If a pokemon game was made with all the regions, what would it be called? Also, they should include a few new pokemon, such as the ultimate legendary that you have to get to save the world or something. It could be, like, the parent of Arceus, and it would have an awesome back story and all that. In fact, why don's WE make one! I gotta go make a thread about this! see ya!

NightShadowJ
12-22-2011, 07:34 PM
wait, how do you make a thread?

chuwachuwa
01-07-2012, 08:11 AM
I hope pokemon never ends:):):):):):)

pokemonfriend000
01-07-2012, 07:20 PM
i hope it wont end but it will soon once they run out of ideas then hopefully they will put all of the regions in one game then you could hop on a plane/boat and go to another region but i think that you will have to beat the elite 4 before you could get the pokemon from other regions onto the regoin that you are on cause youll probably have the same team through out and then it will easy to defeat the gyms and the elite 4
by the way nightshadowj go to a forum and click post new thread

Exflar
01-11-2012, 08:41 PM
If a pokemon game was made with all the regions, what would it be called? Also, they should include a few new pokemon, such as the ultimate legendary that you have to get to save the world or something. It could be, like, the parent of Arceus, and it would have an awesome back story and all that. In fact, why don's WE make one! I gotta go make a thread about this! see ya!

I see Pokemon Rainbow or Pokemon Spectrum to be a fitting title for the multiregional game. Makes sense since every game version is titled after colors (yes, gem stones and precious metals can be considered hues as well).

Dr. Smiles
02-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Based on the amount of revenue the company makes off the games and other merchandise, pokemon will probably stay for quite a while

10000fists
02-03-2012, 09:50 PM
I think it will end after 6th generation because they are running out of ideas for pokemon. i mean like seriously, garbage and ice cream cones as pokemon??????????????????????

ToxicRainbow
02-03-2012, 10:34 PM
I see Pokemon Rainbow or Pokemon Spectrum to be a fitting title for the multiregional game. Makes sense since every game version is titled after colors (yes, gem stones and precious metals can be considered hues as well).

I like the sound of Pokemon Spectrum. :)

KingVolcarona
02-04-2012, 01:56 AM
It will eventually end. They are running out of colors, and running out of names of the Pokemon.
But it would be cool, if Nintendo is going to make a game with the whole region in it.

Bluecario
02-04-2012, 08:25 PM
You should watch Dark Knight when you come up with that "I would rather see it die with dignity" Speech...

blaziking
02-04-2012, 10:15 PM
You should watch Dark Knight when you come up with that "I would rather see it die with dignity" Speech...
Was that directed at me and if so what did you mean?

bigbadbenbass
02-04-2012, 10:25 PM
i was pretty dissapointed when i saw the unova dex, most of the new pokes suck and arent very aestetically appeasing my faves are victini hydreigon golurk gigalith zekrom and genesect, now i dont know about you but if theres only 6 pokemon someone likes then theres something wrong with the game, i like the unova region(not neccesarily the pokes) but they made the rivals too easy gyms too easy and elite 4 and champ too easy they should make the elite4 and champ get progressively harder as you battle them multiple times and have better type variations, i have a porygon z that can destroy the whole elite4 with just two moves tri attack and dark pulse. also they need to make some america only events, im sick of japan getting everything first or being the only ones to get it,remove the one hour dw limit and make it less toddler-esque im 14 not 5 i shouldnt be resorting to playing little kid games to get a good pokemon! get rid of that gts bullcrap where you can only search for a poke that you have data on and finally integrate all regions into one(just show the whole pokemon world) and have the game be better graphic wise come on nintendo do we really need 8bit graphics? sorry if i sound like im ranting but nintendo is trashing its good name(which they already lost since wiis failure) make one more game and make it good!

blaziking
02-05-2012, 12:18 AM
i was pretty dissapointed when i saw the unova dex, most of the new pokes suck and arent very aestetically appeasing my faves are victini hydreigon golurk gigalith zekrom and genesect, now i dont know about you but if theres only 6 pokemon someone likes then theres something wrong with the game, i like the unova region(not neccesarily the pokes) but they made the rivals too easy gyms too easy and elite 4 and champ too easy they should make the elite4 and champ get progressively harder as you battle them multiple times and have better type variations, i have a porygon z that can destroy the whole elite4 with just two moves tri attack and dark pulse. also they need to make some america only events, im sick of japan getting everything first or being the only ones to get it,remove the one hour dw limit and make it less toddler-esque im 14 not 5 i shouldnt be resorting to playing little kid games to get a good pokemon! get rid of that gts bullcrap where you can only search for a poke that you have data on and finally integrate all regions into one(just show the whole pokemon world) and have the game be better graphic wise come on nintendo do we really need 8bit graphics? sorry if i sound like im ranting but nintendo is trashing its good name(which they already lost since wiis failure) make one more game and make it good!

I agree with you on a lot of what you said but i like the dream world its something different and also why should America get special events they should all be worldwide and as for Japan getting them first, that's always going to happen as Pokemon is a Japanese game like if you look at Hollywood all films are released in America first. Plus with the graphics i dunno if im weird but i liked Pokemon best with the GBA Graphics

The Kiwi Dragon
10-04-2012, 05:44 AM
This is something I've been thinking about for a while now and I'm sure many others have been too: will the Pokémon series ever end? Specifically the main RPG series.

Just how long can they continue to make unique Pokémon designs that will please the audiences? (5th Generation's Trubbish, for example, takes it a little too far in my opinion. A Pokémon literally made from rubbish? What more is to come in the future?) Of course not all designs get worse as the Generations continue. I, personally, quite like 5th Generation's starter monsters and quite a few of the dragons, such as Hydreigon.
But then there is also the problem of difficulty. Each new Generation requires the player, ultimately, to capture all the Pokémon from all the previous Generations. So what about when it gets to, say, generation eight? Estimating just one hundred new monsters (less than what it actually is) per Generation that will total 800. Are people really going to be that patient if the time comes?

So how about all of you? Do you think the series will ever stop? Do you want the series to stop? I look forward to reading the different opinions.

I know bad designs already, I can already see Pokemon heading down the same path Crash Bandicoot did.
But Pokemon Spectrum would be awesome!
Also I don't want it to end no. I want it for my future kids to enjoy!

Alpie
10-04-2012, 06:00 AM
Well when you make an ice-cream as a pokemon I think they may be running out of ideas

SaintJimmyRowe
10-04-2012, 10:51 AM
When a Pokémon actually looks like a real animal (Pidove) you know that they don't have much longer :( But I want them to hit 1000 before they end it.
1st Gen and 2nd Gen fit together perfectly. Why? Because all the Pokémon were designed by the same person. After 2nd Gen he decided to step down and take a different role. Everybody seems to love Lucario. Surprise, surprise, he was also created by the same person. We need that guy back!!

Fennelito'sHelp
10-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Actually, I found a diagram a couple of months ago. It shows how the originality in Pokemon is actually not necessarily fading. That while some people say the pokemon aren't based on real life animals anymore and pokemon like trubbish and Vanillish aren't based on anything that are animals, it shows that the differences really have been miniscule if noticeable at all and even shows that some of the earlier gens have more of the things fans complain about in them then the later gens do.

Personally I think we have quite a lot of pokemon and if they get into the thousand number I think that would be going just way too far :/ I think one thing they could do is create a ton of Pokemon. Like beyond a thousand. But limit how many we can capture. Maybe in gen 8 for example, assuming we have about 1,000 by then, they should only let us capture the last 200 or so. Maintaining the memory of over 1,000 pokemon is just too ridiculous for me to have to deal with personally. And remember, Unova pokemon are exclusive to Unova. So when gen 6 comes out, unless they let us travel to Unova, it seems we shouldn't be able capture any unova pokemon without trading. So I think maybe they will continue to add to the number of pokemon, but they should limit exactly how many we can catch. That's just me though.

Also, I cant imagine pokemon lasting forever. Or even for another decade. I'd be surprised if it did. I just don't see it being that interesting for that long a time or the game makers keeping up the task. But it could happen. I could be wrong.

Arrogant Watermelon
10-07-2012, 10:42 AM
I think i also seen that diagram, but i can't see pokémon going on for another 2 generations.I think nintendo/gamefreak will create remakes of the earlier, and to be honest better pokémon games.I could see the creators making another gen but i don't think it will last long enough for 7th gen, if not 8th.

pokemon master b14
10-07-2012, 11:10 AM
nice idea zoruboo i agree

pokemon master b14
10-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Also I think that it might make 8gen but I dont think if possible it will make it past 10gen

The Kiwi Dragon
10-07-2012, 12:08 PM
I bet it will end either before or after Gen 9. Always liked the number 9 :3

pikachu4
10-07-2012, 01:34 PM
I grew up on Pokemon also and as much as I hate to say it, eventually all good things will come to an end. I don't know when. Maybe we will see another Generation, maybe we will see 3 more generations, maybe even 10 more, who knows. But eventually, it will come to an end. I really hate saying that, but it's the same for Mario, Zelda, Sonic, etc etc.
noo not sonic! i hope pokemon never ends but when you put an ice cream cone as a pokemon you would think it will end soon

Arrogant Watermelon
10-07-2012, 02:53 PM
I dunno about mario and zelda they are huge gaming francinses and to be honest better than pokémon

GaryEhffinJoaker
10-07-2012, 03:02 PM
I haven't played a Mario game in ages. Personally that's one franchise I'm surprised is still going with such a constantly repetitive gameplay. If Mario can keep up the same process for so long, I kinda think Pokemon can probably pull it off too... June's idea about limiting how many we can catch sounds like a very good idea but I think the thing is, they don't FORCE us to catch every Pokemon released. They just make them available. I don't think the goal is to "Catch em all" anymore. Complaining about catching 1,000+ pokemon is easily resolved by simply not catching them, lol. That being said... I do think the number is getting a bit high...

Dhomie
10-07-2012, 04:48 PM
I never want it to stop but i get it it would be hard but thats why its pokemon they want you to have patience. plus if you complete the pokedex without cheating that will mean something special

ShadowPhoenix
10-15-2012, 03:22 PM
that would definitely be the best step to pokemon. The final goodbye. all regions in one, all legendaries fully accessible.

Dhomie
10-30-2012, 02:44 AM
that would definitely be the best step to pokemon. The final goodbye. all regions in one, all legendaries fully accessible.

If They had a game with every single region fully playable I would flip

The Kiwi Dragon
10-30-2012, 03:47 AM
I haven't played a Mario game in ages. Personally that's one franchise I'm surprised is still going with such a constantly repetitive gameplay. If Mario can keep up the same process for so long, I kinda think Pokemon can probably pull it off too... June's idea about limiting how many we can catch sounds like a very good idea but I think the thing is, they don't FORCE us to catch every Pokemon released. They just make them available. I don't think the goal is to "Catch em all" anymore. Complaining about catching 1,000+ pokemon is easily resolved by simply not catching them, lol. That being said... I do think the number is getting a bit high...

I don't care... LEMME CATCH EM ALL!

Dhomie
10-30-2012, 04:31 AM
I don't care... LEMME CATCH EM ALL!
Yah so what if the number is getting to high. You know what I say THE MORE POKEMON THE MORE BATTLES

Pikachu2000
10-30-2012, 02:32 PM
i say itll end in about 3 years tme there running out of ideas and serously we have to catch ova 600 pokemon but they shud go out with a bang like other games they first shud make a ruby remake and then do the final game oh and maby just maby whe diffrent consoles come out first for xbox then psp ok!

Fennelito'sHelp
10-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Personally I don't understand why many people think they're running out of idea. I was raising my Samurrot just last night and I took note of how very well drawn and thought out his design is. Many of the gen 5 pokemon really look very good. Gen 1 had very simple and straight up weird designs as well. Voltorb and Squirtle being a one. (Put the nostalgia aside for a second and imagine if Gen 5 came out with a turtle pokemon with a squirrel tail sticking out its end and named it Squirtle. BE HONEST! People would hate it more than Vanillish) What makes them more special than a trubbish or a vanillish or their evos? And why when Gen 5 is complained about are those two pokemon the only ones ever brought up?? There's 649 Pokemon and people are mad over five specific ones? XD
I think with closer and a more HONEST examination, there is more or less no difference in creativity between any of the five gens, and if you Google, you'll find many links and sites and posts from people who actually prove this. Here's one link that does so: http://cheezburger.com/6540294656?p=107200

(except gen 4 was honestly a ton of pointless evolutions and baby forms and gen 5 was like a remake of gen 1 in many ways)

As Gary said, Mario has been doing the same thing for YEARS so I don't think Pokemon will be ending anytime soon. I think what will happen is that the fans will just tire of it and the new fans will simply replace the old fans. Though some old fans will surely still stick around.

Dhomie
11-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Personally I don't understand why many people think they're running out of idea. I was raising my Samurrot just last night and I took note of how very well drawn and thought out his design is. Many of the gen 5 pokemon really look very good. Gen 1 had very simple and straight up weird designs as well. Voltorb and Squirtle being a one. (Put the nostalgia aside for a second and imagine if Gen 5 came out with a turtle pokemon with a squirrel tail sticking out its end and named it Squirtle. BE HONEST! People would hate it more than Vanillish) What makes them more special than a trubbish or a vanillish or their evos? And why when Gen 5 is complained about are those two pokemon the only ones ever brought up?? There's 649 Pokemon and people are mad over five specific ones? XD
I think with closer and a more HONEST examination, there is more or less no difference in creativity between any of the five gens, and if you Google, you'll find many links and sites and posts from people who actually prove this. Here's one link that does so: http://cheezburger.com/6540294656?p=107200

(except gen 4 was honestly a ton of pointless evolutions and baby forms and gen 5 was like a remake of gen 1 in many ways)

As Gary said, Mario has been doing the same thing for YEARS so I don't think Pokemon will be ending anytime soon. I think what will happen is that the fans will just tire of it and the new fans will simply replace the old fans. Though some old fans will surely still stick around.
Thanks for that link . That made me think about keeping out of those arguments and walking away.

XgenKing
11-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Pokemon will not end. Also remakes of ruby and sapphire or emerald is coming up so enjoy and if you have black its all water inside caves and if u have white its all lava inside caves.

Fennelito'sHelp
11-02-2012, 02:35 AM
Thanks for that link . That made me think about keeping out of those arguments and walking away.

Actually that link is the only one I could find but there are much better ones that show evidence of gens being essentially similar. The one I posted is just a tad bias in some places. If I ever find the better one I'm thinking of I may post it again.

Pokemon will not end. Also remakes of ruby and sapphire or emerald is coming up so enjoy and if you have black its all water inside caves and if u have white its all lava inside caves.

As far as remakes for Ruby/Sapphire I've been hearing this rumor for ages now... I've also heard that nintendo has no intentions on remaking them. I also heard them merely ackowledge ppl want a remake of them but didn't say they were coming out. I think if they were definitely confirming they are coming, every major pokemon fansite (serebii, bulbapedia) would've posted it so it's best to just wait and see. Otherwise it's just another unconfirmed rumor.

Dhomie
11-02-2012, 04:16 AM
It would be sweet if they hade a remake of them though

Pikachu2000
11-02-2012, 05:22 PM
As far as remakes for Ruby/Sapphire I've been hearing this rumor for ages now... I've also heard that nintendo has no intentions on remaking them. I also heard them merely ackowledge ppl want a remake of them but didn't say they were coming out. I think if they were definitely confirming they are coming, every major pokemon fansite (serebii, bulbapedia) would've posted it so it's best to just wait and see. Otherwise it's just another unconfirmed rumor.[/QUOTE]

i think i wrote into nintendo a while back asking them not to

The Kiwi Dragon
11-06-2012, 08:06 AM
As far as remakes for Ruby/Sapphire I've been hearing this rumor for ages now... I've also heard that nintendo has no intentions on remaking them. I also heard them merely ackowledge ppl want a remake of them but didn't say they were coming out. I think if they were definitely confirming they are coming, every major pokemon fansite (serebii, bulbapedia) would've posted it so it's best to just wait and see. Otherwise it's just another unconfirmed rumor.

i think i wrote into nintendo a while back asking them not to

Why on Earth not? I want to head back to ye old Hoenn. Contests, biggest dept store etc!

Pikachu2000
11-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Why on Earth not? I want to head back to ye old Hoenn. Contests, biggest dept store etc!

i did it on purpouse i want ruby to stay as it is

The Kiwi Dragon
11-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Why? What is so perfect on those games that they can't improve them?

GaryEhffinJoaker
11-11-2012, 03:16 AM
Maybe he just simply doesn't want them remade... I mean, I sure don't want them remade. Sure, HG is my fave pokemon game ever, surpassing G/S/C. FR/LG were mass improvements on R/B. But really, remakes are simply money making tactics. And they have flaws. All of them so far. FR had added TR scenes that had no real point to the story and were awkward. HG/SS included legends from gen 3 that had absolutely no place in them and stuck out very obviously. It was nice of them to throw them in there but it felt very bizarre. Emerald is one of my fave pokemon games ever and I simply don't need to play it again with new improvements and pokemon from random gens that have no place being there or an extended after elite story that is awkward and feels forced. I hope the rumors of them not making more remakes is true. If I wanna play Emerald I'll go rebuy the original Emerald. Not to mention, I hated D/P/Pl so I know I wouldn't be buying a remake of those games. I'd prefer more original games be released instead.

Coshi360
11-18-2012, 10:45 AM
i recon the last game should be called pokemon ashs journey and it should be based on what happens in the tv series that would make it go out in a bang