PDA

View Full Version : The new chat mods... :/

Pikachu Belle
08-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Hello everyone on Pokebay.
Let me just get one thing straight.
This thread isn't going to be me moaning about ANY of the mods.

Okay so here's the thing.
This morning, I was on here chatting normally. I noticed a name in lighter blue. (I won't be naming names)
And I asked why this persons name was a different colour.
Now this person is one of my close friends on here and we have a laugh now and then, and this person gives me good advice.
So this person told me that he/she was a chat mod.

I immediately felt like I should be serious and spell everything to perfection.
But this person is one of my friends and it left me feeling a bit awkward..

It also makes me feel that I can't go back too speaking to these people normally.

I know this might sound weird.. But I feel that I can't speak too my close friends because they are now Chat Mods.

Thank you for reading this.
Tammie/Victini

hyacinth
08-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Well, if you really think about, they're still the same people you know, but only with authority. Take that authority away, and they're only human. They're still the person you used to know. In fact, they really are no different than who they used to be. They only have the ability to ban people and such.

Pikachu Belle
08-18-2012, 03:33 PM
You could be right Nuc. I guess I'm the only one who is in shock.

Pikachu Belle
08-18-2012, 03:41 PM
You can also say I'm being a bit babyish and I'm not reacting as well then I should. I should be a little more grown up. Sorry if this has made any mods mad or upset..

GreyMatterist7
08-18-2012, 04:26 PM
I feel yah Vic.

Baby Koga
08-18-2012, 04:29 PM
Vic, don't worry! I wouldn't do anything without giving someone at least one warning/reminder the rules. If there is something I deem to be inappropriate then I can simply edit it! We still cool, right!? XD

Pikachu Belle
08-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Okay Butt we still cool XD

Baby Koga
08-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Awesomz! :D

EzzIlI
08-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Didn't knew there were Chat Mods :eek:

The Kiwi Dragon
08-18-2012, 08:09 PM
They are still your friends Tammie, Just like you and I!

UltraSound
08-18-2012, 10:01 PM
You should understand our side too - when I got promoted, everyone was calling me "Mr.Mod" (though I'm a girl) and was calling me a stalker, everyone treated me like I was going to ban them for breathing or something...all I want is friends and a good chat, but no one seemed to understand it. Everyone was afraid of me. 3: Some still feel awkward around me apparently.

The Kiwi Dragon
08-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Yeah Ikr Sound...

DejaVu146
08-19-2012, 01:20 AM
Correct. The only time you're going to get in trouble is if you're causing trouble. They're just members with authority. We chose them because they're telling us when things are "going down" on chat, and we aren't there to do anything about it. In return, they are allowed to ban those people causing trouble from the chatbox (infractions will be determined by the mods). That's all it is. I love talking to you guys when I'm on and I enjoy sharing a laugh with y'all. The only time I'm going to take action is if that person deserves action to be taken. That is all :)

Fennelito'sHelp
08-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Aww Vic nothing's changed. I certainly don't feel any different than before and I don't treat anyone any differently. You certainly don't have any reason to feel any different towards me than before. Nothing has really changed besides an actual ability to rid the chat of the recurring issues that do come up from time to time. :)

Dhomie
08-21-2012, 10:35 PM
i agree . vic these mods sure they are people who can get u banned but that doesn't mean they will all u have to do is follow the rules and u will be fine and they are good people

Pikachu2000
08-24-2012, 07:45 PM
i wanna be a mod

DarkCloud7
09-15-2012, 01:25 AM
how do you even become a chat mod??

Fennelito'sHelp
09-15-2012, 02:01 AM
Well, the chat mods were assigned as a direct response to the fact the Super mods weren't on the chat often enough and there was constant complaining about trolls and spams and no mods on to handle the situation. It was discussed and decided that the two more active and responsible members of the site would recieve limited mod abilities to keep the chatbox safe. So, like with becoming a Super Mod, to become a Chat Mod, the most important thing is that the admin GM2K must be looking for a mod, which he is not at the moment. He then would make a thread for applications I assume and the best candidates would become mods. Or that may just be for Super Mods. For me and Mr. Butters it was more of a PM request.