PDA

View Full Version : best moment of 1st gen

Pikachu2000
09-04-2012, 04:41 PM
type about ur best moment on 1st gen

mine was when i caught my first poke pidgey at lv 4 now a piggiotto lv 21 only restarted yellow :D

Pikachu Belle
09-04-2012, 05:00 PM
My favourite part of gen 1 was when I had my pokemon yellow. I just loved Pikachu <3 I remember giving up however when all my Pokemon were around level 30-40 :D

Chikorita
09-06-2012, 01:38 AM
My favorite moment was... When I got to battle with Squartle. I loved Squartle so much so battling with him was my best moment. It was also the very first time I got to play as Squartle so yep. That pretty much.

DejaVu146
09-06-2012, 06:03 PM
For me, it would be buying Pokemon Red. I worked so hard and it took me a good 6 months maybe to raise the right amount of money (and at 7 years old, it's not easy, lol) to buy a Game Boy Color (the new thing back then). I finally raised the right amount, and my mom broke the news to me that you also had to pay $30 for a game as well, but since I worked so hard, she helped me buy the game. As soon as I started playing, I couldn't put it down (which I knew I wouldn't be able to because I was a Pokemon fan from the get go). Charmander as my beginner (no questions asked), I knew I had to catch all 150 (no one knew about Mew at that time). Soon enough, I had 50. Then about 80. Next thing I know, 150. It was great. I still love to pick up R/B/Y and play it :)

Pikachu2000
09-06-2012, 06:14 PM
For me, it would be buying Pokemon Red. I worked so hard and it took me a good 6 months maybe to raise the right amount of money (and at 7 years old, it's not easy, lol) to buy a Game Boy Color (the new thing back then). I finally raised the right amount, and my mom broke the news to me that you also had to pay $30 for a game as well, but since I worked so hard, she helped me buy the game. As soon as I started playing, I couldn't put it down (which I knew I wouldn't be able to because I was a Pokemon fan from the get go). Charmander as my beginner (no questions asked), I knew I had to catch all 150 (no one knew about Mew at that time). Soon enough, I had 50. Then about 80. Next thing I know, 150. It was great. I still love to pick up R/B/Y and play it :)
touching!

Bk_pkmn
09-06-2012, 10:33 PM
MIsigno ;)

GaryEhffinJoaker
09-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Probably when I caught my first Abra. A true achievement. We all know why. However by then I didn't really understand the concept of PCs so my Abra went to the PC and it said "someone's PC." I thought the "somone" was Team Rocket or something somehow taking away my Pokemon. So I managed to catch another with the same results of it going to "someone." Eventually I caught a ton more and finally gave up. While trying to find out where Team Rocket were with my Abra, I got bored and frustrated and saw the PC. Saw the "someone's PC," and saw all my Abra At first I thought I found Team Rocket's stash or something but eventually I realized it was the holding place for my Pokemon... .___. Other than that nothing beats finding out Gary is the Pokemon Champ after all the timeit took me to beat Lance. And finally beating Gary, too. My three favepoke moments of any generation really.

gmizzle
09-07-2012, 04:23 AM
Id steal my baby sisters nightlight and stay up all night playing my blue version. I remember going through rock tunnel without flash, or trying to catch the ghosts without the lens thing. But i guess the funniest moment for me was staying at the poke center because i thought every time i gave the nurse my pokemon they were leveling up.

VictiniBlastDP
09-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Awwwh, I was 8 when I got Pokemon Yellow. The good old days of 1999. I got Yellow before I hit 9 though. I remember someone who use to bully me at school who I also got on with... Had a go on Pokemon Yellow and trained up my Pidey to a Pidgeot, good times, I was also in London on a School trip, a few were playing Pokemon Red & Blue, I was still trying to get use to it all, being I was new too it, and Pikachu & myself had some interesting times, but I got more into the game when I got Pokemon Silver, I'm more of a 2nd Gen Person, I still cannot get use to the Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Latios, Latias, & that being in SoulSilver & HeartGold, they kept everything normal in Fire Red & Leaf Green... But kinda ruined it for me in remakes of HG/SS. Nevertheless, nothing beats the original makings...

Pikachu2000
11-07-2012, 09:08 PM
scinece my first post i have got pokemon red and it works in colour ! ( i have a gbc) i bought the gbc and game together in mint condition u can see them on my page then my 21 year-old cuz found his gbc and pokemon blue so now we play pokemon happily i play yellow at moment but soon im doing red!

any1 have a link cable o-0 i have no link cable wahhhh!

Please note gbc stands for game-boy colour

DejaVu146
02-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Awwwh, I was 8 when I got Pokemon Yellow. The good old days of 1999. I got Yellow before I hit 9 though. I remember someone who use to bully me at school who I also got on with... Had a go on Pokemon Yellow and trained up my Pidey to a Pidgeot, good times, I was also in London on a School trip, a few were playing Pokemon Red & Blue, I was still trying to get use to it all, being I was new too it, and Pikachu & myself had some interesting times, but I got more into the game when I got Pokemon Silver, I'm more of a 2nd Gen Person, I still cannot get use to the Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Latios, Latias, & that being in SoulSilver & HeartGold, they kept everything normal in Fire Red & Leaf Green... But kinda ruined it for me in remakes of HG/SS. Nevertheless, nothing beats the original makings...

What about the Sevii Islands in FR/LG. And being able to find Gen 1-3 Pokemon.

Phoenix
03-05-2013, 03:00 AM
This one's a bit personal, but what the hey.

When my sister and I were kids, as a little prize for being good, Mama got Sara Pokemon Blue and me, Red. She got Charmander and I got Squirtle (lovingly named SWEETIE ♀). We both swore to name our rivals after each other because we were always fighting over Mama's and Granny's affection. It was a good way to vent out our more violent tendencies, and I was for any method that didn't involve me getting tied to a tree again.

I got nosey one day about her progress through the game and started up her Blue game. She was just about to face Lance. I wanted to try out her teams and see what it was like, fighting with a Charizard. I won and moved on to the Champion.... But it didn't have my name. The rival's name was one of the generic names you could choose in the beginning. I looked back at the party's names, not really reading them before.

Somehow, she got a Mew, my favorite at the time, and named it after me.

It's been almost 15 years and that still gets me choked up.