PDA

View Full Version : What kind of music do you listen to?

UltraSound
09-29-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm interested in music, so I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. Rock, pop, dubstep, techno...what's your favourite? Do you have a favourite band or artist? Or maybe a favourite song or two (thousand, like I do) ?

DKSK3443
09-29-2012, 02:32 PM
all
i like say anything and skrillix and well every thing (not hopsin tho he scares me)

Josh :p
09-29-2012, 02:32 PM
i like pop music fav singer is example or flo rida fav song is paradise by coldplay though lols

UltraSound
09-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Grooves, here's a challenge. You must choose only ONE of those bands and songs. :P
sterfman, I don't really like dubstep that much myself, but I must agree that some Skrillex 'songs' have a catchy tune.
Ash, I like Flo Rida and Coldplay too! I love Coldplay's Scientist, Christmas Lights and Viva La Vida. I don't like Paradise though, it's a lil repetitive.

UltraSound
09-29-2012, 02:46 PM
I personally can't decide what's the greatest genre of music. But I can say it's not now. Nowadays music is feelingless and meaningless, it's all about money making...sure, there still are a few that make music from heart, not from their pants, but it's not enough for me...I always need more, music's like air to me DX

09-29-2012, 02:48 PM
might be slightly repetitive :p

UltraSound
09-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Ash, and since my first language isn't English, when I first heard Paradise, I thought he was saying "Parrot dies" or "Parrot dice". Quite a shock. :P

09-29-2012, 02:53 PM
lol @ ultra

UltraSound
09-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Now now Grooves, you're too much in stereotypes now, even if most of that genre is like that, it doesn't mean all of it is.
Country: That happens in blues too. But not all country songs are like that.
Rap: NOT ALL. There's a few rappers that sing about truly important things in life. Atleast in Finland. And I know a few who rap in English too about important things.
New Music: ...I have nothing to say against your opinion on this one.
Metal: It all sounds the same to me...BUT there are a few exceptions too!

UltraSound
09-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Well, trucks are kinda cool, you can't deny that. And NOT all rap songs are about fighting or swears 3:< And actually, there must be some talent in there, take Rebecca Black as an example, she couldn't sing at all, but the technology couldn't save her either. So, there MUST be a small piece of talent there somewhere, even if they user technology to correct their singing.

UltraSound
09-29-2012, 03:13 PM
That's a lil out of the topic, and that's offensive to some pople...nothing wrong with being gay or listening to music they like. Leave them be, if they think it's music, let them think that. It's their problem and opinion.

UltraSound
09-29-2012, 03:44 PM
I don't think you should try to change anyone's opinion, they should be allowed to think what they think and leave them be that way...

Baby Koga
09-29-2012, 03:54 PM
People should listen to EVERYTHING! There's too much good stuff out there that has been labelled and stereotyped. Also, give credit where it is due. JB is a decent musician/singer...it's just his songs that are horrendous. Also, listen to Dave Mathews Band. They're kinda country/rock/folk/awesome!!!

UltraSound
09-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Ikr Butters! :3 People totally should listen to EVERYTHING.

The Kiwi Dragon
09-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Guns N' Roses. Also known as the most dangerous band in the entire world since 1987!

The Kiwi Dragon
10-15-2012, 05:39 AM
What else do I like? Disturbed, Nirvana, Metallica, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Genesis, Eric Clapton/Derek and the Dominos/Cream, Queen, The Prodigy, Bon Jovi, Airbourne, Avenged Sevenfold, Duran Duran, Eminem, Psy, Gorillaz, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, Jamiroquai, Junkie XL, Led Zeppelin, Mastodon, Moby, Motorhead, Mudvayne, ZZ Top, Spiderbait, Slash, Septembre, Rucka Rucka Ali, Celldweller, Styles of Beyond, Xzibit, Nate Dogg and Lil Jon.

10-17-2012, 06:55 PM
GANGNAM STYLE !!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):D its epic :D

pikachu4
10-20-2012, 09:29 AM
i agree it is epic

WaterDeity
10-21-2012, 06:44 PM
I like Pop and rock Lady Gaga is my fav right now but I also like flyleaf, Staind, Seether, Amy lee and many others.

DarkCloud7
11-25-2012, 09:30 PM
I literally will listen to every type of music. I love country, pop, rock, jazz, everything. I even like SOME of the new music, not all though. And butts is right, Dave Matthews Band = pure talent.

Pikachu Belle
11-26-2012, 08:36 AM
I mostly listen to Indie and Pop music. Now and then I listen to Rock. I am a huge fan of dubstep. I don't really enjoy listening to rap and country but in their own ways they have good things about them.

My favourite singers right now are probably Rihanna, Calvin Harris and Olly Murs.
Band wise.... Paramore, The Pretty Reckless and The Lumineers c:

Pikachu2000
11-26-2012, 06:00 PM
i shall say 1 thing rave music

MandoMatt
11-28-2012, 04:05 AM
One thing we can all agree on is that Auto-tune can go to hell ^.^ Also has anyone heard of Fitz and the Tantrums?

The Kiwi Dragon
11-28-2012, 04:35 AM
As you can see, if you typed in Eagles songs (in youtube via Cd album) and you typed in their concert (Live audio) they're both the same. It's real talent.

But, if you typed in a New song via Cd Album, and you compare it to the concert version, it's not the same voice at all.

Axl Rose from Guns N' Roses in Studio is talented... but as much as I like him, he sounds like a strangled cat that's smoked 80 cigarettes before a concert. Phil Collins meanwhile... that's real talent! He sounded the same in Studio and on Stage. Such a shame he's retired from the music industry altogether though.

UltraSound
11-28-2012, 06:48 PM
Axl Rose from Guns N' Roses in Studio is talented... but as much as I like him, he sounds like a strangled cat that's smoked 80 cigarettes before a concert. Phil Collins meanwhile... that's real talent! He sounded the same in Studio and on Stage. Such a shame he's retired from the music industry altogether though.

I personally love the voice of someone who has been smoking...not like 80 cigarettes though, but like...5? I dunno...and only men. Women who have been smoking and try to sing sound horrible to me.

The Kiwi Dragon
11-28-2012, 08:14 PM
I personally love the voice of someone who has been smoking...not like 80 cigarettes though, but like...5? I dunno...and only men. Women who have been smoking and try to sing sound horrible to me.

Yeah... A great American singer by the name of Janis Joplin used to smoke and do drugs a ton (Hence her death.) But when she sang Mercedes-Benz, it was said that she'd smoked before that recording and it didn't really sound like her but some kind of cackling witch. I personally don't know because I've only ever listened to Mercedes-Benz, which in hindsight is a great song. But her voice sounds a bit croaky on it.

xDARTHBLADEITOx
12-07-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm interested in music, so I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. Rock, pop, dubstep, techno...what's your favourite? Do you have a favourite band or artist? Or maybe a favourite song or two (thousand, like I do) ?

DUBSTEP ROCKS!!!! OH YEAH!!!

Gin_Neko
12-10-2012, 02:13 AM
Alot of jap songs and a few american songs. Don't like bounce though ironically.

Naminette
12-10-2012, 06:32 AM
I listen to all kinds of stuff, although I'm very attached to a k-pop band named SHINee. Been with them for 3 years~ ^^
And I also enjoy anything that has a nice beat, like some dubstep.

UltraSound
12-10-2012, 04:09 PM
I personally don't really like dubstep that much...my next question: Why do you like dubstep? Explain why, not stuff like "I just like it so I dunno". WHAT do you like about it?

The Kiwi Dragon
12-11-2012, 01:46 AM
Dubstep... No offense, but I don't class it as music. If there ever was a sound alike to a screaming cat other than Bagpipes, then it's Dubstep...

Cthulhu
01-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Electro.

blaziking
01-11-2013, 08:57 PM
I listen to things from most genres

Classic rock - Thin Lizzy, Zeppelin,Pink Floyd,The Ramones,Queen,Beach Boys, Aerosmith and more
More modern Rock - RHCP, Nirvana, The Killers, Greenday, Kiaser Chiefs
Metal/Nu Metal - Metallica, Pantera, BFMV, SOAD, Disturbed, Skindred
Rap - There are a lot of actually decent rappers out there if you go looking like Rhyme Asylum, Plan B, Devlin
Dance - Hardcore/Hardstyle/Hardtrance. early to mid 00's techno
Blues/Country Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Steve Earle, Robert Johnson, Freddie King
Pop - Kpop Snsd, 2NE1 wondergirls FX
Jpop/Rock - Radwimps, ikimono Gakari, Miwa, Goosehouse.

Voltaradragoness
01-11-2013, 09:26 PM
i listen to
Skillet
Evenecence
Three days grace
Kaito and miki
Within temptation
Kesha
Linken park
Fireflight
Superchick

The Kiwi Dragon
01-14-2013, 09:30 PM
I listen to things from most genres

Classic rock - Thin Lizzy, Zeppelin,Pink Floyd,The Ramones,Queen,Beach Boys, Aerosmith and more
More modern Rock - RHCP, Nirvana, The Killers, Greenday, Kiaser Chiefs
Metal/Nu Metal - Metallica, Pantera, BFMV, SOAD, Disturbed, Skindred
Rap - There are a lot of actually decent rappers out there if you go looking like Rhyme Asylum, Plan B, Devlin
Dance - Hardcore/Hardstyle/Hardtrance. early to mid 00's techno
Blues/Country Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Steve Earle, Robert Johnson, Freddie King
Pop - Kpop Snsd, 2NE1 wondergirls FX
Jpop/Rock - Radwimps, ikimono Gakari, Miwa, Goosehouse.

You my friend, are very well percieved through your choices of music... = Awesome!

Voltaradragoness
01-15-2013, 12:44 AM
oh what? do i have bad taste?! :3

The Kiwi Dragon
01-15-2013, 02:57 AM

I never said you did...

I've never listened to almost all of your artists, except Kesha (Who I don't like.) And Linkin Park (Who are decent.)

UltraSound
01-15-2013, 03:50 PM

IMOI don't think you have a bad taste, (There's no such thing as bad taste.) but those bands are a bit...you know, worn out. I KNOW I KNOW good music never wears out, but myself I've heard enough of Skillet, Evanescense, Three Days Grace and Vocaloid + stuffz for a few years...

blaziking
01-15-2013, 10:37 PM
You my friend, are very well percieved through your choices of music... = Awesome!

Thanks - i guess i have ,my parents to thank for that i grew up on blues and indie but they always encouraged me to find my own taste. Oh and i also quite like Guns and Roses i actually saw Slash live!!