PDA

View Full Version : Stadium and Snap: Who Wants Remakes?

Jaejoong
12-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Snap. Two of my favourite Pokémon games ever.

Stadium: the game where you would choose your team from the wide variety of little monsters and battle in the main Stadium or through the Gym Leader Castle. The GB tower that would let you play Pokémon Red, Blue, or Yellow on your TV. And let's not forget the Kid's Club with all those fun (and sometimes frustrating) mini-games.
Snap: the literally-slow-moving game which would see you take on the role as a photographer snapping pictures of Pokémon. Occasionally hitting Electrodes with apples to make them explode and knocking Charmeleon into a small volcano to make him evolve.

With Nintendo having released their new 3DS already with a few remakes (Zelda and Star Fox for example) I've seen many people commenting on the possibility and hopes of remakes of both Stadium and Snap. Personally, I think both would be a brilliant idea.

Having been released on the N64 they are almost overlooked nowadays, particularly with the Pokémon franchise recently launching Super Pokémon Rumble and Black/White. Although I don't have a 3DS myself I think Stadium and Snap would be perfect for it (but also available for the normal DS or Wii, for people who don't have the amazing 3DS). The graphics in the original Stadium were fantastic and 3D could only do them good; as for Snap the console's camera would be used as 'your' literal camera in the game.

What are your thoughts? Do you want a Stadium remake? Or a Snap? Or both? If so, which console(s) do you want them to be on? If not, why? I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say. :)

Umari
12-10-2011, 06:39 PM
I've beenvdieing for Stadium remakes with Gen III Pokémon in it. :D It wouldn't bug me if Gen 4 or 5 didn't get into Stadium but iff there ever was a remake, I'd love it for Wii :)

Not a fan of Snap but would be nice :3

Monty
12-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah I've seen a lot of people go crazy for Snap. I guess because it's the pokemon game that's not a pokemon game. You got to "snap a photo" o em' all more than than catching. I for one would like a WELL-DONE Stadium game this time. Those other games where nigh passable experiences that, considering the power of a console, could have:

1.) First and foremost. A true at home experience of pokemon handheld games. Wild encounters please. Breeding, and definitely Trading. A LV 100 Mt. Battle. I'm fine without HM outside battle stuff. And the option to definitely catch pokemon outside of some lame storyline.

2.) Graphically appealing pokemon game. If pikachu can look the way it did in SSBB then we can get a pokemon game in par to his rending.

Exflar
01-11-2012, 06:07 AM
I would love a more fleshed out storyline of Stadium/Colosseum/BattleRevo..Something more along the lines of a handheld series game :)

Pokemon Snap would be PERFECT for the 3DS Augmented Reality software. Having pokemon pop out of areas in your own surroundings would be a total must-buy.

icedragonite
06-16-2012, 11:53 AM
id love to have a remake of poke stadiam