PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] Im so confused DX

DarkCloud7
10-06-2012, 08:16 PM
So, I was a little curious how to EV train in Black. I looked up videos, but they were in 4th gen (I understand EV training in 4th gen.) I found one on Black, and the guy said that now, instead of gaining the amount of stat points upon level up like in 4th gen, they now added it so that every 4 EVs the stat will go up even without a level up. So, if I battle 4 litwicks, will my Sp. Attack just go up a stat even without my guy leveling up? What if my guy is at level 1, and I battle a litwick with a macho brace, and I level up 6 times, will I only still get 2 points for Sp. Attack? Just trying to clear things up for me. Thanks!

Grey Fullbuster
10-06-2012, 08:44 PM
http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml
that can help you I think

Sniv
10-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Basicly dont worry about its level while EV training. Just count the EV points once you reach the 252 point mark you pokemon will be EV trained in that stat. Keeping in mind only 510 EVs per pokemon.
So make sure all of the EVs you dont want are taken off by there berries.

Its easiest to see in a level 100 pokemon. My Serperior started off at level 100 with an attack stat of 250 (A rough Guess), and ended up with an attack stat of 313. You can see the Attack stat going up after each battle even at level 100.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
10-10-2012, 02:52 AM
It's basically the same but EVs are now counted at the end of every battle instead of upon level-up, which does make it easier to keep track of EVs and makes it possible to EV train a level 100 pokemon. And the younger the pokemon, the more EVs it will to make the stat increase. The difference is honestly only noticeable when they reach a very high level. For smaller pokemon it's more difficult to record your training unless you actually write down the EVs

DarkCloud7
10-12-2012, 06:00 PM
I get it. Thanks people! ^-^