PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 4] trying to complete heartgold

espada26
12-10-2011, 10:15 PM
how do i get ?! unowns. i already have the rest, did the 4 backrooms, and got the first part of page 7. i ask the scientist but he says hes got nothing new. i went to the ruin entrance and the backroom isnt open. any advice. plus are the fossils in the ruin rocks to smash? and i forgot where to buy the timer balls for catching lugia. and do you need any celebi or an event one to activate the giovanni time travel thing. help is appreciated.THANKS

espada26
12-10-2011, 10:17 PM
i also forgot to ask on how to get whitney ad sabrinas phones. ive went to olivine on fridays and nothing. goldenrod onsaturday and nothing either.

SHINY SQUIRTLE
12-10-2011, 10:49 PM
you get whitneys at the top of goldenrod city department and sabrinas at where you are about to get in the boat 'but only if they are there

ZoruaBoo
12-11-2011, 10:22 PM
You can only get to some parts of the Ruin by going through the cave near the Slowpoke well (Not the actual Slowpoke well).If you continue to head to the back of the cave and go down the stairs, you'll end up outside the Ruin and you can enter two Unknown caves there.

Bluecario
12-22-2011, 08:40 AM
You do need event celebi that was given away to receive the Giovanni time travel "course"

growlithe=awesome
12-31-2011, 10:50 PM
and about the unowns that happened to me too. its a glitch. i got mine by trading.

Exflar
01-13-2012, 02:59 AM
how do i get ?! unowns. i already have the rest, did the 4 backrooms, and got the first part of page 7. i ask the scientist but he says hes got nothing new. i went to the ruin entrance and the backroom isnt open. any advice. plus are the fossils in the ruin rocks to smash? and i forgot where to buy the timer balls for catching lugia. and do you need any celebi or an event one to activate the giovanni time travel thing. help is appreciated.THANKS

Looking for answers online is a great way to answer your questions (I suggest Bulbapedia or Serebii).
Ruins of Alph can be accessed through several entrances: North entrance, East entrance, and through Dark Cave.
You can also smash rocks for fossils in the Ruins and in Cliff Cave.
Timer Balls can be bought (along with every other ball) at the Pokemon League PokeMart.
There is a special event Celebi that is needed. Not just any Celebi will activate the time sequence.

Try to look for answers yourself next time :)

GaryEhffinJoaker
01-16-2012, 03:49 AM
To get the ?! Unown you need to capture ALL the other Unown in the alphabet first. Then, go to the front entrance near Violet City but don't go down the stairs. Stay in that first area before going down the stairs. I repeat: DON'T GO DOWN THE STAIRS!!! Go to the panel that's at the very most top of the room and talk to it. It's like a little square. Just click on it. The scientist will appear and talk to you. Then, WITHOUT GOING DOWN THE STAIRS, just walk around and they will appear there.

espada26
01-20-2012, 12:24 AM
exflar i do look up stuff myself like psypokes and serebii but sometimes i miss something. like on sabrinas number i just waited at the little shack and didnt go on the walkway to her. whitney i didnt see cause i didnt bother turning left to the chairs. the unowns i still havent got but have all 26 of the others and the scientist still doesnt open the back room. i got the event celebi from pokecheck and did the event. it's just small details i miss.

espada26
02-10-2012, 03:09 AM
crap. figured out what to do. i went through all of the rooms with text on the floors again and it worked and got the thing finished. still havent been lucky enough to find fossils in the rocks yet.