PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] Help with something please.

EllaJaneBinks
11-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Hey, I am playing my White game and I realised that I have a pokemon with this purple thing on the summary that says ' PKRS'... what does it mean? I raised that Emboar to lvl 44 and never noticed it before but its like huge..? Also I have a Reshiram with a pink smiley face there, what does that mean?

The Kiwi Dragon
11-08-2012, 11:28 AM
PKRS = PokeRus. A nifty little, virus that is rather rare. However it increases stats of the infected Pokemon for a select period of time. Also it infects others when put in a party. I do believe it is cured after placement within the PC.
Smiley Face = It once previously contracted PokeRus. However the smiley means it is fully cured. Therefore removing the chance of the Pokemon ever contracting it again.

Don't worry about it too much. Think of it as a helpful disease that you later are immune to again... like Chicken Pox!

EllaJaneBinks
11-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Oh wow haha that's so random, I never knew about anything like that.. too bad I don't want to use embour anymore haha it'll go to waste :P

LightSnow
11-08-2012, 11:44 AM
No, it gains double ev's for your pokemon. If it is a smiley face, the effects are still on, it just means that you cannot infect other with it. The letters PkRs means that the pokemon is active with pokerus, meaning that you could still infect others. If you put it into your pc-it remains active.

The Kiwi Dragon
11-08-2012, 11:46 AM
OK then... LightSnow probably has a better understanding of it than I do! :D

EllaJaneBinks
11-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Oh okay so there isn't a time period? Like I can keep embour in my pc until i decide to train him more and it won't go away?

LightSnow
11-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Stays for the whole time-if you keep it in your pc

LightSnow
11-08-2012, 11:52 AM
to infect it, put it close to the pokemon u want to infect, and go to dark grass and battle with the pokerus pokemon and the pokemon u want infected, after a few tries (milotic didn't work for me but the others worked) it would be infected (this may also include your whole team-applied for me) and it leaves 24hrs if u have it in your team (turning to smile face).

EllaJaneBinks
11-08-2012, 11:55 AM
So what if I have it, I take my Embour out and put it in with my other pokemon and infect them then put them back in the pc then grab out some new pokemon and make them battle with Embour, could I infect a whol bunch of my Pokemon so they'd have that 24hr Pokrus thing?

Grey Fullbuster
11-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Pokerus is a good thing because that double the EV gaining in Battle

EllaJaneBinks
11-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Okay thanks everyone :)

Fennelito'sHelp
11-09-2012, 03:25 PM
To be a bit more clear, Pokerus, as LightSnow said, doubles EVs gained by pokemon when in battle, boosting their stats. The effects never go away. That helpful virus is forever. The PKRS means the virus is able to be passed on to other pokemon. So if that pokemon is in your party, and you get into a battle, any pokemon right next to the PKRS pokemon has a chance of catching it too. The PKRS pokemon doesnt have to be the one battling to spread it, and the pokemon you want to catch the PKRS does not have to be battling either. The only thing that matters is that the PKRS pokemon and the pokemon you want to virus to be spread to are next to each other in your party. Anything in your party can be battling, it doesn't matter. The virus spreads to whoever is next to the PKRS pokemon though. If you want to hold on to that virus for safekeeping, put the PRKS pokemon in the PC before 12:00 am in ur game's time. At 12, if ur PKRS pokemon is out of the PC, the virus will turn into a smile face, meaning the virus is still active, but it can no longer be spread. This happens specifically at 12:00 am, it isn't a 24 hour time limit. If it's 11:00pm, you better have the PKRS pokemon in ur PC before the hour is up. You can take the pokemon back out of the PC after 12 if you need to. So you should give the PKRS to a pokemon you don't intend to use and just keep it in the PC and take it out when you want to spread the virus. Hope I could help with this long message. :o

EllaJaneBinks
11-11-2012, 06:15 AM
Wow thanks JunipersHelp that post was really informative you really helped me understand it better! Thanks :)