PDA

View Full Version : Do people know you play Pokemon?

ZoruaBoo
12-11-2011, 09:15 PM
So, just as the title asks, do people in real life know you play Pokemon? Some people like to keep it a secret because of their age, or because they think they will be picked on, or because it's not seen as the 'done thing' where they live.

I don't tell anyone I play Pokemon, mainly because of my age and because of where I live. But I'm not afraid to tell anyone the truth if they ask.

zorua13
12-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Well some of my friends do but they are mostly gamers as well

charms :)
12-11-2011, 09:21 PM
only close friends and family no one other then that since people think its just a childs game

Lelouch vi Britannia
12-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Hell no they would make fun of me for years

UltraSound
12-11-2011, 09:23 PM
People know I play, but I wish they didn't, I get picked on because of it. I don't care though, I play anyway.

ZoruaBoo
12-11-2011, 09:30 PM
People know I play, but I wish they didn't, I get picked on because of it. I don't care though, I play anyway.

Wow! That's great! I hate it when people bully others just because they like something others don't like/understand. It's awesome that you still do what you enjoy! *high fives*

SHINY SQUIRTLE
12-11-2011, 09:35 PM
me too my mom and dad pick on me cause of my age and my uncle still likes barney im comfused

zorua13
12-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Wow, I haven't seen that show since I was 9 Well my parents dont know what Pokemon is so I don't worry that much

POKEJRM
12-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Im half and half i choose who i tell and only tell if it seems right in the convosation

ZoruaBoo
12-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Im half and half i choose who i tell and only tell if it seems right in the convosation

That's just about the same as me, I don't randomly burst into song and dance about it in front of everyone. Only a VERY few amount of my friends know I play.

Velvet
12-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Most of my friends know, although I don't really talk about it a lot. They probably think I'm a nerd but they don't make fun of me.

Porygon-XYZ
12-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Most of my friends, or should I say all of them, know it. However, people who aren't my friend I usually don't tell unless I think they like it to.

Pika.Shu
12-12-2011, 04:28 AM
I dont really tell people, some know I play because they have been to my house, but they are cool with it, turns out they play it to. The only other people who know wanted to play, they didnt know what it was. I wished my bro didnt know for a while, he wouldnt let me hear the end of it, until I let him play my Soul Silver, then he went and bought Black version.
But yeah, I dont tell people, but I dont hide it

Lelouch vi Britannia
12-12-2011, 04:31 AM
One time I told a very close friend in 8th grade that I play pokemon two or three days later all my other friend knew and I didn't hear the end of it till I went to high school it sucked.

Gaming Master 2000
12-12-2011, 10:21 PM
I don't (generally) actively tell people that I play any game but I never hide it. If it comes up I'll openly tell them. Most of my friends know I run PokeBay so they obviously know I'm into Pokemon :p

Umari
12-13-2011, 04:01 AM
Well I was at lunch and a bunch of my friends were talkin' 'bout Jailbreaking their Ipod Touch and since they figured out hiw, they put Pokémon on it so now I know they like it. They were actually the last people I expected to like it.

Some friends know I do. One friend of mine will sing the song with me. And I have a couple Pokémon tracks/movies on my Ipod so they figure it out. :3

Shiny Shinx~<3
12-13-2011, 04:03 AM
Everyone knows I play it. Or at least draw it, when I don't have my game with me. I used to be kind of shy about it, but I kind of grew to not care~ ^w^

UltraSound
12-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Wow! That's great! I hate it when people bully others just because they like something others don't like/understand. It's awesome that you still do what you enjoy! *high fives*

Thank you. :3 *high fives back*

cooldialga5
12-13-2011, 08:21 PM
yes some people do no bullying i love the game

kakari
12-18-2011, 08:53 PM
me too my mom and dad pick on me cause of my age and my uncle still likes barney im comfused

yeah my perants call me a baby cus i love pokemon and im considered wiered cus of my age

TuriftExxo
12-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Everyone in my family knows I play Pokemon, my family and friends too.

I even walk on the streets playing on my DS xD

dec
12-22-2011, 09:23 PM
im like you zoruaboo i dont tell anyone but if they ask i would. i dont tell anyone because of my age

John_48
12-22-2011, 11:55 PM
My classmates would probably pick on me everyday I go to school if I tell them. But like my 2 friends, one friend, I told him if he knows pokemon, then he said yes, and he said why, and I said: Oh. Cause I play it. My friend says okay, I play it too.

NExt friend: I saw his profile picture in facebook is Scizor, then i told him if he plays pokemon, and he said yes. So i also said that i also plays it. Then he said about his Victini being Beast.

DejaVu146
12-23-2011, 03:48 AM
I used to be shy about it in high school. I'm 21 now, knew my friends since middle school (one of which plays also), dating the same girl for three 1/2 years, so now I just dont care lol

blaziking
12-23-2011, 05:13 PM
I neither hide or broadcast it so some people know and some don't. My mother doesn't like it though and threw out my old video's I was devastated.

SparkyThePikachu
12-23-2011, 05:15 PM
They know, but they play too. So no one really cares. :P I might stop soon....lol just kidding.

Cyril armand
12-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Im 19 years old and played pokemon in front of people in highschool, in fact many of the people i knew also played and we use to battle at lunch and hold competitions and hold bets, it was all very fun, never been ashamed of any games i played^.^

Fazbear_Ent.©
12-24-2011, 10:43 PM
My family knows and my closest friends do. I do not advertise that I have been playing pokemon for 14 years but if someone brings it up I don't hide it. My mom thinks its cool actually. She likes the shinys like I do lol especially my shiny shuppet haha she said it was adorable!

Rico the Lucario
12-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Some of my friends know. But if I told this group of friends at my school, I would be DEAD. But, still I would play anyways. I could just say I'm not playing while still playing.

joe.devell
01-01-2012, 09:32 PM
iv bin playing for years now i told my friend once along time ago he took the mickey outta me til he came round and started playing my pokemon game now he is as hooked as me lol spread the word share the love pokemon is great

ToxicRainbow
01-02-2012, 01:59 AM
I love Pokemon, but only 2 people know I play it. They don't care, but other kids in my class would use it against me. I'd be so embarrassed!

Moist Mewtwo
01-07-2012, 04:51 AM
i think iam awesome becuz i most definetly am!!!!damb

pokemonfriend000
01-07-2012, 06:59 PM
yes my friends now but i wish they didnt
by the way amber lool to your signature:)

Darks
01-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Not many people besides my friends know I play pokemon. It's not something I'd blurt out randomly but if they wanted to know I wouldn't be afraid to tell them. I mean most teens and adults still watch cartoons and all that so why wouldn't it be okay for me to play pokemon?