PDA

View Full Version : should i make one last fan fic to go out with a bang writing storys????

Pikachu2000
12-03-2012, 06:26 PM
read the title and vote

Baby Koga
12-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Never give up on anything, especially if you really enjoy writing it! But one thing I would advise you on is not to write a new fanfic for the sake of it. Unless you have an idea you are extremely committed to, then you'd probably be better off rewriting one of your old stories and continuing on from there. There are so many awesome fanfics out there already, so people will only have time to read a certain amount of them. Just try to improve your story telling and be careful of your grammar, spelling etc... Of course not everyone is going to like your stories, but that is something that you'll just have to accept. This goes for myself as well as most other writers on this site, so don't get too discouraged when someone hands you some harsh criticism. This is just my opinion, but I hope it helps!

Robin~

Umari
12-05-2012, 02:43 AM
This is my critisism. In no way am I trying to offend you. What I'm going to offer is advice for you. You may choose to take the advice and you may not. It's your style of writing. So here we go!

1. If you're going to make more fics, which I'll always encourage everyone to do, you REALLY need to work on the length of the chapters. Or as I saw you called it in one of your fics, parts. When I read a fic, I like to see detail, and a lot of it. I don't like to see this kind of stuff:

"He hit her so I hit him"
"o my hero!!!!@!"

That's an example (a terrible one honestly but you get the point (or so I'd hope)). What I saw in your fic, the one about Mew (as you said, you), that's what you were doing. You used little to no detail at all. Detail makes up a BIG part of the story. Again I'm not trying to offend, this is just a way to be better.

2. Grammar/spelling. This is one of my biggest pet-peeves in stories. If someone doesn't use proper spelling and/or grammar, it throws the entire story out of whack. Nine times out of ten, people don't know how to use the proper forms of "your/you're" and "then/than", and "there/their". Also capitalization is a big one too. Use proper periods, don't keep a sentence too long but just long enough to get a point across. If you use good grammar, spelling, capitizations, periods, etc., I'll most likely like the story! If you aren't too sure on the differences in "there/their" and all the others, pm me and I'll gladly explain them!

3. Character development. Nobody like Marysues or Garystus (or whatever they are called now). If you don't know what those are, they're characters who have no flaws, problems, etc.. So when you put a "perfect character" into the story, there's no plot meaning no story.

Your character has to have some kind of problem or difficulty. If he/she didn't, why are you writing? So basically, don't make them superhuman.

4. PLOT!! A story needs a good hook (way to capture a reader to keep them wanting more). If your story starts off boring and uneventful, they will most likely close the story and find a new one.

The story type is a big roll in it too. Let's say you're wanting to write an action/adventure fic. Would you want to start the story with something like this?

I'm so bored. Today was boring. I ate, watched tv, went to bed and woke up tomorrow to repeat the process again.

I know I wouldn't. Here's an example of a good hook (this is my opinion).

Life has gotten boring, as in I'd done everything I could have wanted to do. My life was like a broken record. I would eat, maybe watch a little T.V., then most likely go to bed. I'd hope the next day brought something new to do but deep down, I knew it wouldn't.

See how much here that sounds? So hooks and plot are a big part. Plot is the biggest thing to think about. You simply can't transition from an Action/Adventure type story to say.. Let's say.. Romance. If you are, it needs small clues to the transition happening.

5. Last but not least, dialogue. Characters HAVE to interact with other characters, whether the other character plays a major or minor roll in the story. No dialogue means no emotions meaning no story.

These are just tips for writers in general. Please take then into consideration when writing as they really help a story. As for your poll, I'm not voting. Just take these tips into consideration and I'll be glad to read a new fic from you! :)

Dhomie
12-05-2012, 03:43 AM
Don't let people bring you down if they don't like your stories I mean at least you get good comments too right. I mean I dont know if i should keep making my stories because no one ever gives me comments or anything besides you. I mean I will be fine with somebody telling me the bad things I wouldn't really care. This is about you though not me.

Lord Of Storms
12-05-2012, 03:52 AM
i vote none of the above just stay for good >.^

The Kiwi Dragon
12-05-2012, 04:01 AM
I'm sorry Tor but if people have given you advice and you haven't really used it then either quit while you're ahead or improve...

Ninfias
12-05-2012, 06:10 AM
IM going to try to give you some simple advice. You shouldnt quit. There may be people who don't like your stories but not all people like great stories like romeo and Juliet? Just follow all of the great advice you're getting from all these nice people up here. Your stories have an idea, you just need to devolpe them :)

The Kiwi Dragon
12-05-2012, 06:41 AM
IM going to try to give you some simple advice. You shouldnt quit. There may be people who don't like your stories but not all people like great stories like romeo and Juliet? Just follow all of the great advice you're getting from all these nice people up here. Your stories have an idea, you just need to devolpe them :)

Good old Shakespeare! :D I prefer MacBeth and A Midsummer Night's Dream, though personally...