PDA

View Full Version : How did YOU obtain shinies

xDARTHBLADEITOx
12-05-2012, 08:56 PM
How do u obtain them? what way do u think is best? witch PKMN is the best when shiny? what do YOU think? let me know!

xDARTHBLADEITOx
12-05-2012, 09:06 PM
I think Mewtwo would be the best shiny. MEWTWO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Visit my blog and get some PKMN news ( if i can remember my password ) www.nixpiks.blogspot.com

KING SQUIRTLE
12-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Well in Pearl, diamond, and platinum, you can use the poke radar to chain a Pokemon to obtain it. Catching a shiny is completely random, same goes if your breeding. In black/white 2 the shiny charm can give you a higher chance to obtain a shiny by catching or breeding. The Masuda method is a way to obtain a shiny by breeding. You first must have a normal Pokemon you caught and another Pokemon that someone caught in another country, for example. You can get an eevee and a Japanese ditto, the chance of obtaining a shiny eevee will rise since you are using 2 Pokemon from different countries.
What I think is the best way to use the Masuda method, sometimes its not that hard to get a foreign Pokemon, chaining takes a long time to obtain a shiny, there is one other way if you go up to an interactive Pokemon (press A battle starts) its called soft resetting or SR for short, you press L, R, select, and start and the game goes to the main screen again, the chances are very slim but with some time and effort you can get one. I think emboar and black kyurem look best shiny.

Del
12-05-2012, 10:05 PM
My personal favorite shinies.
1st-Liepard
2nd-Haxorus
3rd-Ninetales
4th-Rapidash

EllaJaneBinks
12-12-2012, 09:48 AM
I <3 these shinies; I like them because in my opinion, their shiny forms actually suit them very well.

Gliscor - Ponyta - Politoed - Sneasel/Weavile - Torchic - Zangoose - Seviper - Milotic - Chimecho - Wynaut - Snorunt - Glalie -
Ivysaur - Vaporeon - Jumpluff - Corsola - Flygon - Gorebyss - Spheal - Beldum/Metang/Metagross - Latias - Rayquaza -
Nidoking - Dragonair - Umbreon - Lugia - Swablu/Altaria - Shinx/Luxio/Luxray - Roserade - PACHIRISU - Drifloon/Drifblim -
Poliwhirl - Bellossom - Dunsparce - Celebi - Ho oh - Glameow - Spiritomb - Mime Jr - Riolu/Lucario - Yanmega - Cresselia -
Serperior - Embour - Munna - Gigalith - Audino - Krokorok/Krookodile - Sigilyph - Zorua - Minccino - Reuniclus - Ducklett -
Spring Deerling - Chandelure - Cryogonal - Accelgor - Hydreigon - Larvesta/Volcarona - Virizion - Reshiram - Keldeo - Meloetta

Sorry this is a long list, but I'm bored :3

Trainerboy
12-22-2012, 08:01 AM
My first shiny was in Ruby, it was around the beginning of the game. I was running around in the grass, then a nicada showed up and stars twinkled out. I was like wth is this, I was low on pokeballs and with the last one I caught it! I never understood what it was until I played SS. All my other shines have been obtained through trades or breeding. I personally think breeding with the masuda method is more reliable.

KeyDJay
12-22-2012, 08:22 AM
I never encountered a Shiny in the Wild before, kinda sad now that I think about it. I personally breed with the Masuda Method, and sometimes using RNG if I want certain IVs or Hidden Power. Took me almost 3 Days to get my Shiny Eevee but it was worth it because I got two Shiny Eevee instead of one, on the same batch of Eggs.

Keitaro787
12-22-2012, 04:37 PM
I have been trying to breed a shiny eevee and I have had no luck thus far with it, instead I have boxes of male eevees.

KeyDJay
12-22-2012, 04:42 PM
I have been trying to breed a shiny eevee and I have had no luck thus far with it, instead I have boxes of male eevees.
Yeah it takes alot of Luck and Patience, I'm breeding some more Eevees right now. I could trade you the next Shiny one I get, if I get one before you. Or I could RNG you one if you want one really quickly.

the pokechamp 1
12-22-2012, 04:45 PM
my first was a tympole and i raised it into a seismetoad

Keitaro787
12-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Thanks I would appreciate it, but what would you want for it?

KeyDJay
12-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks I would appreciate it, but what would you want for it?
Doesn't really matter, if you have Shinys you are willing to trade that would be nice but I don't care either way, a Pokémon I don't have yet would be ok too. Just make an offer. if I RNG you one I could probably get you one with Dream World Ability too. Will take me a little while though.

Voltaradragoness
12-24-2012, 02:27 PM
My first shiny was patrat. I was catching pokemon to transfer with and found it. I love shiny ninetales umbreon liepard and vaporeon

xX ShinySalamence Xx
12-28-2012, 10:49 AM
i put a ditto (Jap) and a feebas (Aus) in the daycare and after about 2 weeks i hatched a shine!!!!!! Ans so now i have a shiny Milotic :D!!!!

Arrogant Watermelon
12-30-2012, 01:25 PM
I can RNG which i basically changing the date on your ds using chatter with Chatot a few times (its very specific about frames and such ) and making sure you encounter the Pokémon at the right time. it doesn't always work but i can get any pokémon shiny :D (not the unobtainable shinnies like zekrom)If you look it up there is basic Rng guides although most people class it as hacking it isn't and every Pokémon VGC allows RNG ,actually at the last Vgc someone lost their game and a bunch of the guys rnged him pokémon and helped raise him a team!

DejaVu146
12-31-2012, 09:16 PM
RNG isn't technically hacking. Hacking is when you use a third party device on your game. RNG is basically just taking advantage of the game's data, workings, etc. The thing about RNG is that you wont get the same satisfaction as when you SR over 3,000 times for a shiny legendary, or when you randomly find that shiny in the wild unexpectedly. Because you're using the games internal workings to find that shiny. I know how to RNG in 4th gen D/P/Pl. I don't anymore because I like that feeling of accomplishment.