PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] Legit vs Non Legit?

Sentinal
12-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Okay so I've looked through some of the posts and I've noticed that some people want legit Pokemon over non legit. What is a non legit Pokemon, and why wouldn't someone want one?

carcinoGeneticist
12-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Non-Legit pokemon, otherwise known as hacked pokemon, are pokemon that aren't caught or bred fairly by using action replay or various other hacking methods.

I suppose people would prefer legit over non-legit because of hacked stats, or the fact that the pokemon isn't fairly caught, or usually because if you battle with a hacked pokemon, you cannot upload a battle video featuring that pokemon to the Wifi Battle Video place.
Also, you cannot trade hacked pokemon over GTS or GTS Negotiations.

Hopes this helps some.

stevenhazelwood24
12-12-2012, 02:16 AM
Is there a way to check if one is hacked? I've gotten loads from the DNS for the Froslass using the GTS and had like a shiny Pichu that says the OT is GameStop and is written in red writing? Same for another few

Sentinal
12-12-2012, 03:51 AM
Yeah that does help, thanks Nobodyblues. I thought it was because it can crash the game or something. I wanted to be sure though in case I do end up having to choose between them.

xDARTHBLADEITOx
12-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Is there a way to check if one is hacked? I've gotten loads from the DNS for the Froslass using the GTS and had like a shiny Pichu that says the OT is GameStop and is written in red writing? Same for another few

Thats weird.

stevenhazelwood24
12-19-2012, 01:04 PM
What's weird? Shiny Pichu? Getting loads from the DNS?

The Kiwi Dragon
12-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Non-Legit pokemon, otherwise known as hacked pokemon, are pokemon that aren't caught or bred fairly by using action replay or various other hacking methods.

I suppose people would prefer legit over non-legit because of hacked stats, or the fact that the pokemon isn't fairly caught, or usually because if you battle with a hacked pokemon, you cannot upload a battle video featuring that pokemon to the Wifi Battle Video place.
Also, you cannot trade hacked pokemon over GTS or GTS Negotiations.

Hopes this helps some.

You're mostly right but don't me being somewhat hypocritical, but I have recieved hacked Pokemon via GTS, so it is possible.

xDARTHBLADEITOx
12-19-2012, 05:22 PM
You're mostly right but don't me being somewhat hypocritical, but I have recieved hacked Pokemon via GTS, so it is possible.

i got a hacked lvl 100 kubotops on the GTS once. it can happen.

DejaVu146
12-19-2012, 11:41 PM
You have to be very careful. To answer Sentinal's post, yes they can crash your game. The easiest way (on Pokebay) to find out if your getting a hacked Pokemon or not is to ask the trader, "is this Pokemon hacked, cloned, etc." or "was this Pokemon caught by you?" or "Did you attend this event yourself." If the trader doesn't know if it's hacked, that is a yellow flag (meaning they received it through a trade, so it's anyone's guess). If they answer no to the other two questions, that is also a yellow flag.

As far as the GTS, yes, some slip by. Nintendo has done what they can to prevent them from slipping, but as technology grows, people find loopholes. All Nintendo can really do is fix it or make adjustments in the next version. Usually, if a trade is "too good to be true", it probably is (i.e. a level 100 shiny Charizard in exchange for a level 5 Totodile...obviously too good to be true). However, if you search around for a bit, you can find some legitimate trades. For example, I found a level 16 shiny Minun in exchange for an Aggron (or something like that). I looked at the Minun I got and all checked out that it was legitimate.

If you have any questions on hacked Pokemon, feel free to PM me. I've studied this topic long and hard because I once made the mistake of trading my legitimately (found by me in my Black Version) Audino for a shiny something...and it ended up being a hack. So I've learned some easy ways to tell if something is hacked. Or if you have a Pokemon in question, you can PM me as well. I'll be happy to look (all you'll need to do is write everything down about the Pokemon's stats so I can look into it) or even post a topic in the forums. Someone here will always help!

Hope that helps a little :)