PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] People rely on PokeGen?

tawn94
12-20-2012, 05:45 AM
Hey peeps.
So i was just on another site arguing with somebody who uses pokegen

It turns out that many people rely on Pokegen for faster battles. These days its getting harder and harder to find a legit battle with peoples RAISED pokemon.

As i said this person only uses Hacked pokemon in his fighting style. Im not dissing his play style but still its distressing..
what happened to the days when people only used their own,legit pokemon to battle...it feels like the fun of playing pokemon is gradually depleting...I've been a pokemon fan since Yellow-Special pikachu edition on the GB. I've been playing for about 12-13 years so this just shocks me.

Apologies for the rant..

What do you guys think; do you think these days its still worthwhile to train your pokemon yourself? or maybe do you think its just better to use things like pokegen to battle? I assure you no ill will will be put against you by me for your opinion, i would just like the communities opinion on this matter.

Thanks!

~tawn

DejaVu146
12-20-2012, 05:53 AM
I've been playing since I was 8. Saved uponey to buy a Game Boy Color and Pokemon Red. Good ol cable link days.

Personally I think it is worth it to train yourself. It's that feeling of accomplishment to train your pokemon hours and hours to a special level. You also learn battle styles. You can beat any hacked Pokemon if you learn a great battle style. Just like the episode in season 3, with the kid using his counter to determine his next moves. Ash beat him. Some guy can have this hacked pokemon with high stats, and have no idea how to use it correctly. As long as you know how to use your pokemon, you're golden. How do you learn that? Through training yourself. That's my philosophy.

Sorry if I have any spelling or grammar errors. I typed this on my phone lol

Princess Zelda
12-20-2012, 05:54 AM
I prefer raising them you get a special bond between you and your pokemon hacking just isn't cool

Kurosaki Ichigo
12-20-2012, 05:57 AM
I personally raise them myself. Theres a sense of accomplishment and a bond with your Pokemon when you raise them yourself. I don't see the point in hacking it just takes the fun out of the game

DejaVu146
12-20-2012, 06:13 AM
*This is kind of off topic lol* Jeremy, how do you get all of your shiny Pokemon? I'm not accusing you of hacking or anything (because I've seen where if one is, you will tell people in the trade notes), but I've always wondered lol

The Kiwi Dragon
12-20-2012, 06:17 AM
Using PokeGen for the basis of instantly trained Pokemon to me IMO is kinda pathetic. It just shows you're a lazy person if you can't be bothered to train em up! I only use PokeGen to create events etc...

DejaVu146
12-20-2012, 06:20 AM
It's just like Goldeneye for Wii. If you go on there, you can see that many people hacked themselves to level 56 (the highest you can). Sure, now they have the big guns, but you can tell when there is a hacker because they don't have the strategy. I'd rather play for my experience, learn my own battle style and technique and learn. Now, I'm not saying everyone who is level 56 in that game are hackers. All I'm saying is, you can tell who has hacked, and who has leveled themselves up.

Kurosaki Ichigo
12-20-2012, 06:21 AM
*This is kind of off topic lol* Jeremy, how do you get all of your shiny Pokemon? I'm not accusing you of hacking or anything (because I've seen where if one is, you will tell people in the trade notes), but I've always wondered lol

I actually had a lot of event Pokemon that I traded for some of them and others were gifts from friends and my brother. I caught a couple but would never trade those ones

Sniv
12-20-2012, 06:25 AM
I think its worth it to train your pokemon. I just started playing 2 years ago and I have found that I battle far better with my legit trained pokemon than any hacked pokemon. Plus I love entering the tournaments pokemon.com holds. I dont mind people who hack I just dont want them.

The Kiwi Dragon
12-20-2012, 06:31 AM
It's just like Goldeneye for Wii. If you go on there, you can see that many people hacked themselves to level 56 (the highest you can). Sure, now they have the big guns, but you can tell when there is a hacker because they don't have the strategy. I'd rather play for my experience, learn my own battle style and technique and learn. Now, I'm not saying everyone who is level 56 in that game are hackers. All I'm saying is, you can tell who has hacked, and who has leveled themselves up.

Off Topic Question: Do you have GoldenEye Wii?

DejaVu146
12-20-2012, 06:33 AM
Yes I do

The Kiwi Dragon
12-20-2012, 06:35 AM
Yes I do

Awesome, you're the first person on the site aside from me, that I know who has GoldenEye.

DejaVu146
12-20-2012, 06:37 AM
I don't play it all the time. Usually when my friends come over, we will play it for hours. On my own time- not as much (then again, they're at my house almost every night lol)

The Kiwi Dragon
12-20-2012, 06:40 AM
I don't play it all the time. Usually when my friends come over, we will play it for hours. On my own time- not as much (then again, they're at my house almost every night lol)

LOL... I tried to teach my friend how to play and he got a bit peeved when I remarked that I thought James Bond was supposed to kill Ernst Stavro Blofeld, not the other way around...

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
12-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Honestly I think it's like one of those things you just get sucked into. You may say "just this one time..." to get an egg move you want, a pokemon yoou can't find, etc. And when the situation returns, you do it again, and before you know it you're making millions of pokemon with it

The Kiwi Dragon
12-21-2012, 01:23 AM
Like an addiction eh?

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
12-21-2012, 04:16 AM
Yeah lol I use it occasionally. But it's always better to raise your own pokemon imo, because you get to see how it progressively becomes stronger and you get that sense of satisfaction from it when you're finished. It's easier, but raising on your own is more fulfilling

DejaVu146
12-21-2012, 08:00 PM
I think players from the first generations are less likely to hack than in newer generations. Back in our day, we only had Gameshark....and that was about it. Now, you have Action Replay, Pokegen, etc. So really, if you couldn't afford Gameshark, you had to play the game (which is what most had to do). Plus, we also came from the Missingno day. While that was a glitch in the game, if you caught it, your game was screwed up. I think that steered many away. Hacks can do the same exact thing.

I'm thinking it's more so the first reason I gave. We grew up on that self satisfaction of training and not hacking. That's just my theory though.

Kurosaki Ichigo
12-21-2012, 08:50 PM
I think players from the first generations are less likely to hack than in newer generations. Back in our day, we only had Gameshark....and that was about it. Now, you have Action Replay, Pokegen, etc. So really, if you couldn't afford Gameshark, you had to play the game (which is what most had to do). Plus, we also came from the Missingno day. While that was a glitch in the game, if you caught it, your game was screwed up. I think that steered many away. Hacks can do the same exact thing.

I'm thinking it's more so the first reason I gave. We grew up on that self satisfaction of training and not hacking. That's just my theory though.

I agree I've been playing since first gen too

The Kiwi Dragon
12-22-2012, 12:20 AM
I played 1st Gen and I encountered MissingNo... Not the greatest highlight of my Pokemon career...

KeyDJay
12-22-2012, 02:11 AM
I´ve been playing since 1 Gen. too, And I agree that relying on PokéGen is kinda lame. I know how to use it, but I always breed and train my Pokemon legally, rather than hacking all over the Place, I only use PokéGen ocassionaly for Requests from Friends, and even some of them say it´s boring getting your flawless Pokémon delivered like a Pizza, only minus the pay Part. Hacking is just too easy and takes all the fun away, I don´t really get why People have to hack like every Pokémon they own, rather than breeding to get their Shiny Hydreigon or whatever. It´s probably laziness because they don´t want to spent any time breeding, or learning RNG. Some Hacks are just so hilarious I don´t know whether to laugh or cry, or do both at the same time. I´ve already seen Hacked Patrats, a Flying Venusaur and a Surfing Dugtrio, by courtesy of my Classmates, They think it´s Fun using PokeGen but I bet most People using PokeGen will get bored sooner or later.

Trainerboy
12-22-2012, 08:51 AM
I enjoy raising legit pokemon, you feel more accomplished when you have taken the time to actually raise them. It feels even better when you can send hacked pokemon flying with your legit pokemon!

tawn94
12-24-2012, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the replies guys! XD Wasn't expecting 2 pages so far :O
anyway, What Dejavu said, Yeahh i agree, I've been playing since the days of 1st gen, from the sounds of it i was lucky not to encounter a MissingNo XD
anyway its great to see different replies I will always raise my pokemon in a legit way (Breeding for moves,etc) I can't understand why people may hack and i don't care the reasons, what worries me is people telling you that hacking is the better way to play pokemon, if someone said that-they'd get a mouthful XD

Regardless of this, i like how people are sharing my views on the matter as well as their own, im not saying i hate you if you hack thats your play style, and thats fine :)

Was just curios on the topic is all again,some valid points, such as strategies.....Rain dance + thunder is my favorite, ITS EVIL XD

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Merry Christmas!
~Tawn