PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 4] Tips for soft resetting

Gin_Neko
12-18-2011, 02:35 AM
Im soft resetting on my sapphire for shiny torchic and then SoulSilver for chikorita any tips to help please!Like how long on average does it happen(yes i know it's random)or how many times did it take you.Or something to drive me

Fazbear_Ent.©
12-18-2011, 03:51 AM
With shinys it really depends. Technically it depends on a specific formula: E= (your tainer id number) XOR F= (your secret id number) F=P1 XOR P2 (the pokemons personality value) and then translated into binary, afterwards after all calculations, if the 16th digit of the binary code is less than eight the pokemon will be shiny which is expressed as ExorF=<8=S. Otherwise you are basing it on luck. You have about a 1 in 8120 chance of recieving a shiny pokemon and if breeding two pokemon from different countries that figure rises to a 1 in about 2000 chance. It all depends. I bred a shiny axew in less than 30 eggs and now when breeding for a shiny trapinch I have bred over 350 eggs with no shiny yet. So you'll just have to be persistant, eventually you'll get one. Good luck hope I've helped!!

DejaVu146
12-19-2011, 02:50 AM
My tip: Be patient. It takes a lot a lot a lot (at least for me it has)...but in the end it's worth it.

SHINY SQUIRTLE
12-19-2011, 07:39 PM
if you want it legit then try to get a gameshark add the code of shiny pokemons and see if the pokemon is shiny i did it and it work but when i soft reseted on firered it took me 1 month :(

Ten Tibias
07-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Actually, that is not correct. The chances of finding a shiny are 1/8192, not 1/8120. This applies to wild pokemon, legendaries (including runners), and starters. The only way to alter these chances without cheating are a few in-built methods, such as the Masuda Method (in which one breeds pokemon from different languages), and Chaining (in which one uses the PokeRadar to encounter the same pokemon repeatedly). This will not, however, assist with finding a shiny starter. Unless you use a device for manipulating the probability, you will always have a 1/8192 (1.2207E-4%) chance of finding a shiny starter. That means that it is not certain you will even encounter a shiny starter after 8000 resets. Good luck.

DejaVu146
07-13-2012, 01:59 AM
You can also RNG abuse to get a shiny. Its legit because it doesn't hook your game up to any exterior devices, but it just allows you to learn when/what to do at the right time to guarantee a shiny