PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Moments of Generation 2

The Kiwi Dragon
12-22-2012, 12:45 AM
Best for me, is because Gold for me is where my Pokemon life began!
Worst was not being able to transfer my Pokemon into Gen 3.

What's yours?

Gaming Master 2000
12-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Worst was not being able to transfer my Pokemon into Gen 3.
Totally agree with this. I'm still disappointed you couldn't transfer from Gen 2 to 3 but at least we got the Gen 1 remakes.

The Kiwi Dragon
12-22-2012, 01:16 AM
Totally agree with this. I'm still disappointed you couldn't transfer from Gen 2 to 3 but at least we got the Gen 1 remakes.

Gen 1 Remakes kinda made up for it...

VictiniBlastDP
12-22-2012, 01:19 PM
I was a Silver Player and it took me over 100 hours to finally complete the story, my Feraligatr (Buddy) was Level.90 by the time I made it to the Elite Four... Was Level.100 by the time I took on Lt. Surge... I miss those days... Good ol' 2000.

DejaVu146
12-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Best: this is it! A brand new Pokemon game. I beat Red and caught them all. New Pokemon to catch and raise, new Gym leaders, and a new region to discover. What's that?! I can go to Kanto? TWO regions in one?! That's awesome! Who do I have to beat in the end? Red? No way!

All these thoughts going through my head at one time as I hold this game (Silver version) in my hands on the car ride home from buying it; eager to play it. I turn it on and instantly notice the better graphics, The use of color (on the GBC, respectively), and music. Cyndaquil was my starter.

Then Crystal came out. Great game with new features. The option of boy or girl (though I obviously never used the girl- it was a nice touch, an easier way to catch a legendary dog,etc).

Worst- I would agree with The previous statements. Not being able to trade to Gen 3. I also didn't like that we didn't get the GS ball event. Everybody knew about Celebi, but we were never given a formal way to catch it (until I think a later event).

Fennelito'sHelp
12-25-2012, 11:35 PM
2 regions or battling red... I think battling red was the ultimate surprise. And the worst...? I didn't notice the lack of transfer to gen 3 so it didn't bother me. I really wasn't disappointed at all. If anything, the lack of obtaining celebi (until all the way to gen freaking 4) was the worst part but it was okay. Then the HG/SS games came out and made it all the more better. Best games in the franchise easily.

Phoenix
12-26-2012, 01:00 AM
The best and worst for me was the end battle with Red. On one hand, it was mindblowingly amazing for the mini me all those years ago. Plus I got bragging rights for beating him before my sister did~

Worst because for my tiny little mind, the idea that the best ever trainer/ breeder/ anything in life is bound to be isolated and lonely in a cave when his mother is wondering if he's even alive at that point...

I remember having an existential crisis after that battle.

Tensa Zangetsu
12-27-2012, 11:27 PM
The Best and worst? Well, for me the best was the emotion of playing two regions at once,and,to my surprise, To be able to transfer My pokemon from gold to 4th gen. The worst, being annoyed by the unability to catch celebi until the GS ball event and 4th gen event.(I miissed both, by the way)