PDA

View Full Version : January 8th Announcement

DejaVu146
01-07-2013, 09:58 PM
As many have heard (or if not, then you heard it here first lol), tomorrow (1-8-2013), Pokemon is coming out with an announcement. Usually, there is a rumor or idea what the announcements will be; but so far, I haven't seen anything. Until tomorrow's announcement, what does everyone think it's going to be?

Personally, I think it will be a Gen 6 or a Ruby & Sapphire remake. Why? Well it's the 10th anniversary of the Gen 3 games coming out (and in Japan, they are holding an event to get Groudon and Kyogre). I could be wrong, but that's my speculation.

Thoughts?

The Kiwi Dragon
01-07-2013, 10:11 PM
We were discussing this in the ChatBox this morning and we've thought of a bunch of logical theories.
Originally we thought it was an event Pokemon but with the amount of hype it wouldn't be. We did agree there may be an R/S/E remake, but then we looked how much the original grossed against the rest of the franchise, and it was apparently the worst grossing games in the Pokemon series, so it could be a remake but we're not holding our breath. We did discuss it being news about the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, game and we thought that it could be possible. We talked about Gen 6 and 7 also but we never elaborated on Gen 6 being released this year.
The only thing I can hope personally, is that the news isn't: A. News about a Pokemon game on 3DS. Or B. News that the franchise will only continue on 3DS, because Nintendo may have told us the DS/DSi may be around for a little while yet, but it's almost 10 years since it was released. Playstation 2 is over 10 years old and is on it's dying breath, so how long for the DS methinks before the 3DS takes over.

Grey Fullbuster
01-07-2013, 10:11 PM
I'm agree with you

Gaming Master 2000
01-07-2013, 10:52 PM
I told my friend when he was home or Christmas that I would expect a Gen 6 game to come out middle of this year (in Japan), end of everywhere else. I also told him I'd be expecting an announcement no later than February (though I did say probably sooner). So far all my predictions are coming true. I truly expect this announcement to be about Gen 6.

The Kiwi Dragon
01-07-2013, 10:58 PM
I told my friend when he was home or Christmas that I would expect a Gen 6 game to come out middle of this year (in Japan), end of everywhere else. I also told him I'd be expecting an announcement no later than February (though I did say probably sooner). So far all my predictions are coming true. I truly expect this announcement to be about Gen 6.

As long as your prediction doesn't involve it being only on 3DS, I'm with your predictions all the way!

Gaming Master 2000
01-07-2013, 11:30 PM
As long as your prediction doesn't involve it being only on 3DS, I'm with your predictions all the way!

I struggle to see it being on the DS to be honest. I understand Black/White would have been too far into development to be 3DS and Black 2/White 2 are essentially Black/White with adjustments (from a coding point of view). My understanding is that 3DS sales, while ok are not great and a main series Pokemon game (which is inevitable on the 3DS) will boost sales significantly.

Personally I'm torn. I have a 3DS and wouldn't mind seeing a 3DS main series game, that being said I like the idea of a more DS games for maximum compatibility.

Voltaradragoness
01-07-2013, 11:34 PM
i think it's a new pokemon spinoff.

The Kiwi Dragon
01-08-2013, 12:25 AM
i think it's a new pokemon spinoff.

I think we've got not enough spinoffs. Stadium 1 and 2 were an absolute success, but we didn't get a third. Colosseum and XD were great! PBR was decent. Now all that's left is Mystery Dungeon and Learn to Type with Pokemon... So another spinoff could be in order...

The Kiwi Dragon
01-08-2013, 12:28 AM
I struggle to see it being on the DS to be honest. I understand Black/White would have been too far into development to be 3DS and Black 2/White 2 are essentially Black/White with adjustments (from a coding point of view). My understanding is that 3DS sales, while ok are not great and a main series Pokemon game (which is inevitable on the 3DS) will boost sales significantly.

Personally I'm torn. I have a 3DS and wouldn't mind seeing a 3DS main series game, that being said I like the idea of a more DS games for maximum compatibility.

If they did do that... Personally I'd be torn... Because I'm not considering getting a 3DS... But if I must get it later to keep my Pokemon career alive... So be it...

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-08-2013, 03:41 AM
It's definitely a new game, or something even bigger for the company, considering how big they're making the announcement (Playing it live at the same global time and announcing the announcement ahead of time, which they normally don't do). It may be something such as "The Pokemon Franchise is Being Discontinued", which I doubt, but this is a huge thing already so it's a hefty possibility. If it is a new game, it will be a Ruby/Sapphire remake. In each gen (3rd gen fwd.), there is an introduction game (RS, DP, BW), a remake (E, Pt, B2W2) and a past-gen remake (FRLG, HGSS). This also means much more money for them, by reintroducing a game that is no longer playable and making it playable again. But, if we're lucky, they might skip this part of 5th gen and move onto 6th gen, which I'm leaning towards. They are making such a big deal... I mean, announcing an announcement means something big.

The Kiwi Dragon
01-08-2013, 03:51 AM
I see what you're saying... Maybe they are announcing R/S/E remakes as part of Gen 6...? Idk

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-08-2013, 03:52 AM
I really doubt they'd introduce new pokemon in a remake... a new gen always means new pokemon

The Kiwi Dragon
01-08-2013, 04:10 AM
Could do...

This is just a mock letter to Nintendo:

Dear Nintendo, on behalf of the website known as PokeBay, I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you the feelings of the general public.
If the news isn't good, The Game and his friends will come to NintendoLand and make you feel vast amounts of extreme pain!

Yours sincerely

The Game.

GaryEhffinJoaker
01-08-2013, 04:17 AM
The news is supposed to change the entire world of Pokemon, so I think I t must involve the 3DS somehow, and permanently. I doubt it's 6th gen because the news is being released worldwide. They don't really make huge hype over a new game coming out like this for the entire planet, only country by country as they get their own individual release dates. This rule goes for a remake game, too. It'd only be released for Japan at first so why inform everyone, and at such a large scale, globally, especially when they've never done it before for releases. This should be something a lot more different.

blaziking
01-08-2013, 04:19 AM
Due to the size of the hype with the announcement and the fact it was first mentioned on the end of a trailer for B/W2 i think it has to be a new game. Anything else would be posted elsewhere i think the game will one of 3 things but 2 are unlikely

A R/S/E remake would be my personal preference but due to the fact almost all the pokemon can be caught in later games and the poor reception of the games and the low sales would all suggest that this wont be it. Also why not release it to coincide with the Japanese 10 year anniversary.

It seems to soon for a new generation - there was about 2 years between E and D/P and likewise with Pt and B/W. It will barely be a year between B/W2 and whatever the new Gen games would be.

What seems to me to be the most likely but personally out of the 3 my least favourite option is a new Spin off game for the Wii U

But i guess we will all find out in the morning and see who if anyone was right.

DejaVu146
01-08-2013, 05:23 AM
True, but Ruby & Sapphire were the best selling games on the GBA when it came out. I'm thinking it's a R/S/E remake. I don't think it's a Gen 6. It's too soon.

Gaming Master 2000
01-08-2013, 05:48 AM
Has anyone read about "Pokemon Rainbow" from GoNintendo (http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=193851)

If true this would be huge for Pokemon. I find it hard to believe though.

Keitaro787
01-08-2013, 06:07 AM
That was interesting that article. I would love there to be another eevee evolution.

GaryEhffinJoaker
01-08-2013, 06:20 AM
Has anyone read about "Pokemon Rainbow" from GoNintendo (http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=193851)

Releasing Pokemon between gens sound extremely unlikely. I'll believe it when I see it. Sounds nice though but too improbable. Not much longer now before we find out.

The Kiwi Dragon
01-08-2013, 06:39 AM
Releasing Pokemon between gens sound extremely unlikely. I'll believe it when I see it. Sounds nice though but too improbable. Not much longer now before we find out.

Sounds very nice, I must agree. But you can't release Pokemon themselves between Gens, it doesn't make sense... But yes merely 5.5 hours left... I wonder if the live feed will work on iPod?

Fennelito'sHelp
01-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Guess I'll throw in another rumor I found online! :o http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=46058718#post46058718

The Kiwi Dragon
01-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Man alive... All about flipping 3DS...

Gaming Master 2000
01-08-2013, 07:49 AM
From what I've heard the original poster of the "Trinity" rumor has said it's fake.

The Kiwi Dragon
01-08-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm not sure of this Digital idea they've got...
Next they'll be giving us the Robot type and other random junk like that...

The Kiwi Dragon
01-08-2013, 09:52 AM

Earlier today, the writer of that article aparently admitted to it being a fake and citing it as mere personal speculation rather than a rumour.

The Kiwi Dragon
01-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Well the presentation is due to start in 2 hours.
In case you've not got the links yet, they are all below:

For North and South America: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/01-08-2013/
For UK and Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
For Australia and the Pacific: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect

I'm staying up tonight to watch the display (My first time actually doing something like this! :o) and later will be in the ChatBox to discuss and commentate on the whole ceremony, and the things that entail it!

Gaming Master 2000
01-08-2013, 12:16 PM
6th Gen Pokemon games for the 3DS coming worldwide October 2013.

stevenhazelwood24
01-08-2013, 12:17 PM
It's pokemon X and Y for the 3DS!!!!

The starters don't look too great but the legendary they shown look like an awesome Sawsbuck :)

Kurosaki Ichigo
01-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Am I the only one irritated with the fact that its 3DS only?

stevenhazelwood24
01-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Honestly, I'm not as I have one. Although Pokemon rendered in 3D will be so weird :/

Kurosaki Ichigo
01-08-2013, 12:41 PM
I need to find a preowned one because they're not cheep :/ All I currently have is a DS Lite