PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon X and Y

Baby Koga
01-08-2013, 12:48 PM
In case you have not yet heard the big announcement, today revealed the 6th generation main series games: Pokemon X and Y! This game is only fir the 3DS and is going to be a world wide release i October 2013! You can check out the release statement here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzO6J981nAw

Do think think this is going to live up to the Pokemon Reputation so far? What sort of things do you hope to see in this new generation of gaming?

Kurosaki Ichigo
01-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Won't be getting it as I don't have a 3DS and they aren't cheep :/

Voltaradragoness
01-08-2013, 12:57 PM
well i have a 3DS and those two games look awesome. but why X and Y?

Kurosaki Ichigo
01-08-2013, 12:59 PM
I don't understand the reasoning behind the names but they made it a 3DS exclusive because 3DS sales are low

The Kiwi Dragon
01-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Won't be getting it as I don't have a 3DS and they aren't cheep :/

Agreed. The moment I heard 3DS... I died. My soul is dead...

Kurosaki Ichigo
01-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Agreed, people now a days just want to line there pockets and don't care what happens to the people they're taking from

Grey Fullbuster
01-08-2013, 01:07 PM
I NEED THAT GAME

Gaming Master 2000
01-08-2013, 01:11 PM
DS games were always going to be a long shot. Nintendo were always going to release them for their newest handheld. When the DS first came out they claimed it wasn't going to compete with the GBA but it wasn't long and the GBA had no new games.

Kurosaki Ichigo
01-08-2013, 01:14 PM
True but there's also reason to believe that they made the 6th Gen games 3DS exclusive because 3DS sales are low and they want to sell more because they're more expensive systems

The Kiwi Dragon
01-08-2013, 01:19 PM
True but there's also reason to believe that they made the 6th Gen games 3DS exclusive because 3DS sales are low and they want to sell more because they're more expensive systems

Welcome to the world of crappy economies and companies who rip you off just for the fun of it...

Kurosaki Ichigo
01-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Welcome to the world of crappy economies and companies who rip you off just for the fun of it...

Its a cruel world where there's no end to people that want to rip you off because they can and they get enjoyment out of making others miserable... Short version this world sucks for anyone that wants to buy a new anything....

DejaVu146
01-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Nintendo is always been that way with their games.

At the moment, I have mixed feelings about Pokemon X & Y. Defiantly a HUGE step for Pokemon in terms of graphics/gameplay. I don't know how I feel (at the moment) about the 3 starters (though I have already decided that I'm choosing Fennekin). I think it's such a big change for it that I need to let it settle for a little.

Kurosaki Ichigo
01-08-2013, 02:15 PM
I just think it sucks for people that have been playing since 1st gen like myself and don't have a 3DS nor can they afford one. Are we just supposed to stop playing pokemon at 5th gen?

DejaVu146
01-08-2013, 02:17 PM
I've been playing since Gen 1 too (which is why I'm a little unsettled at the moment). You have almost 10 months to buy one though before these come out

Kurosaki Ichigo
01-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Thats true but its still $200 plus tax just for the system and then when the games come out it'll be another $40 plus tax for one game

SemperFratdelis
01-08-2013, 02:23 PM
I own every single game made and I was actually a bit disappointed in the last series of pokemon games. Never really enjoyed the Black and White and the second series. I wish they would make a remake of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. I enjoyed those games a lot.

Kurosaki Ichigo
01-08-2013, 02:25 PM
I own every single game made and I was actually a bit disappointed in the last series of pokemon games. Never really enjoyed the Black and White and the second series. I wish they would make a remake of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. I enjoyed those games a lot.

I doubt that will happen because they were the lowest selling games of the series. I'm disappointed because 6th Gen is 3DS only and not only do I not have a 3DS but I can't afford one either

SemperFratdelis
01-08-2013, 02:29 PM
It's a bit disappointing, those were my favorite series of pokemon. Check on craiglist, some 3ds are sold for cheap.

DejaVu146
01-08-2013, 02:30 PM
If you buy the XL. It's currently $170 for the regular, but I expect that to go down or on sale sometime in those ten months.

Kurosaki Ichigo
01-08-2013, 02:31 PM
If thats the case I'll be waiting until the price goes down or it goes on sale because I don't have $170 to buy one right now.

SemperFratdelis
01-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Like I said, I've gotten a few games on craiglist and I haven't been disappointed. Although, there are a lot of scama sometimes. If you do make sure you see the seller in person, and see the physical item that your are buying and that is working properly. Some sellers claim that it's brand new and don't want you to open it but insist because that item may have been re-wrapped and there nothing in there but a fake game or console.

Kurosaki Ichigo
01-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably try to find a preowned one at Gamestop

Sniv
01-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Thats true but its still $200 plus tax just for the system and then when the games come out it'll be another $40 plus tax for one game

Keep in mind that many gamestores will take your old system and games for trade in credit and you can get the 3ds system for less. Or you can save 30$ a month unill Oct and get both the games (X and Y) and system. There is time. Oh and look for 3 ds sales they happen too. The 3ds goes down about 20 to 50 dollars depending on the sale and the place. You can also get a used on Ebay for 1/2 the price.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-08-2013, 09:15 PM

So true... I have one so I can't really complain myself, but a minimum wage part-time for a lil while would cover that. But I guess if you're younger than 14 that doesn't work...

I really can't wait! Or can I? I must say this, and please don't hesitate to agree...... Pokemon has began to disappoint me. Since 5th it seems they've been running out of ideas for locations (They actually chose the US...) and Pokemon (A garbage bag? Really?). Plus, the stories have just gone away almost completely since 4th gen. I mean, check the starters at serebii.net... They just don't look good at all to me. And they turned the classic RPG game into a 3D landscape RPG, which almost kills it (if not for grid-based movements, which they better keep...). And the names... that's just terrible. Pokemon X and Y? What is this? Algebra? Nintendo is just losing it's touch in my opinion... I'd only see myself getting this if, a) They chose a cool location to model it after, and b) They have interesting Pokemon. But if they're even similar to Sigilyph, Garbador, etc., It's a no.

The Kiwi Dragon
01-08-2013, 09:47 PM
So true... I have one so I can't really complain myself, but a minimum wage part-time for a lil while would cover that. But I guess if you're younger than 14 that doesn't work...

I really can't wait! Or can I? I must say this, and please don't hesitate to agree...... Pokemon has began to disappoint me. Since 5th it seems they've been running out of ideas for locations (They actually chose the US...) and Pokemon (A garbage bag? Really?). Plus, the stories have just gone away almost completely since 4th gen. I mean, check the starters at serebii.net... They just don't look good at all to me. And they turned the classic RPG game into a 3D landscape RPG, which almost kills it (if not for grid-based movements, which they better keep...). And the names... that's just terrible. Pokemon X and Y? What is this? Algebra? Nintendo is just losing it's touch in my opinion... I'd only see myself getting this if, a) They chose a cool location to model it after, and b) They have interesting Pokemon. But if they're even similar to Sigilyph, Garbador, etc., It's a no.

The grass starter looks like oshawott's been recoloured and had a chestnut shell on it's head that vaguely resembles a Shellder that was on the head of Slowking. The fire starter looks like some weird Purrloin and Zorua mutation. And the water looks like the missing link in the Tympole family. The black legendary resembles a Lugia and Giratina fusion kinda thing, and the blue legend looks like the long lost cousin of one of the sacred swordsmen...

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-08-2013, 09:59 PM
The grass starter looks like oshawott's been recoloured and had a chestnut shell on it's head that vaguely resembles a Shellder that was on the head of Slowking. The fire starter looks like some weird Purrloin and Zorua mutation. And the water looks like the missing link in the Tympole family. The black legendary resembles a Lugia and Giratina fusion kinda thing, and the blue legend looks like the long lost cousin of one of the sacred swordsmen...

Exactly... Just pure lazy. And if it's not laziness, then it further proves my point about there being no more ideas: Because if they are coincidentally the same, it means every idea has already been done. I like the fire starter... It's definitely based off of a lynx, and I like lynxes xD But yes it looks very similar to zorua... the water one I must agree with you about too, and the grass one is, like most grass-types, based off of a tree. A chestnut tree. Mixed with a thinner version of Drilbur. I agree about the Blue Legendary and the Red one just looks like the devil with an extra arm!

Gaming Master 2000
01-08-2013, 10:19 PM
I just think it sucks for people that have been playing since 1st gen like myself and don't have a 3DS nor can they afford one. Are we just supposed to stop playing pokemon at 5th gen?

If you've been playing since first Gen it means you've had (at least) a Gameboy (or Gameboy Colour), Gameboy Advance and a Nintendo DS. Why is it such a problem that you now have to get a 3DS?

Pokemon X and Y?

To me it seems more of a generational thing. While there are some debates about when a specific generation starts and ends, to some, people born in the 80s are Generation x while the 90s are Generation Y. I see Pokemon X and Pokemon Y more of a tribute to the older, Generation X players and the newer Generation Y players. That's just a feeling I get, not based on anything concrete though.

Mega Klefki
01-08-2013, 10:43 PM
I have a 3DS. I am so getting X or Y!

hawkem
01-08-2013, 11:39 PM
i have one and i am so happy

The Kiwi Dragon
01-08-2013, 11:42 PM
If you've been playing since first Gen it means you've had (at least) a Gameboy (or Gameboy Colour), Gameboy Advance and a Nintendo DS. Why is it such a problem that you now have to get a 3DS?

To me it seems more of a generational thing. While there are some debates about when a specific generation starts and ends, to some, people born in the 80s are Generation x while the 90s are Generation Y. I see Pokemon X and Pokemon Y more of a tribute to the older, Generation X players and the newer Generation Y players. That's just a feeling I get, not based on anything concrete though.

Because back in the day, all the Nintendo consoles were a reasonable price, the 3DS pricing is almost crazy, and I'm going to desperate measures just to get a 3DS alone.
Selling off a DS Lite, Pokemon Diamond, Platinum, SoulSilver (With outer box and PokeWalker) just to keep my Pokemon life alive...

GreyMatterist7
01-09-2013, 12:11 AM
Im pretty excited about them to tell the truth, new starters! And new legendary pokemon! Wow! I just wish they would add a feature to transfer them to 5th gen, that would be awesome!

Sniv
01-09-2013, 12:39 AM
I'm having two problems here. You complain about Nintendo selling there 3D ds for alot of money and complaining that you are not getting a fair deal. That tells me you have never had one. The 3D ds are filled with loads of new features and have added memory, battery life and ITS 3D or 2D.
Plus you guys complain about the loss of creativity of nintendo, but really they have not lossed or gained any. You may say Snivy is a walking snake, Tepig is an orange pig and lillipup is a dog, but Squrtle is a blue Turtle, Bellsprout is a root, and Geodude is a rock with arms. Just face it your home region is one of the first and yes its good, but its no better or worse than any other. Every Gen has there ups and downs but Im tired of hearing how 5th gen has less creativity than the rest. I simply disagree.

DejaVu146
01-09-2013, 01:45 AM
I agree with Sniv. Marril looks like Pikachu (as well as Plusle, Minun, Parcharisu,etc) but no body complained about that)

I think once we've seen them more and more, we start liking them more. I was a little unsettled because of he huge change in gameplay, but as I watch the trailer again and again, the more happy and excited I am. At first, I was only fond of the fire starter, but now the water and grass are growing on me.

Fazbear_Ent.©
01-09-2013, 02:17 AM
I've pretty much decided on getting Pokemon Y Version.
I'm not fond of Pokemon X's cover Legendary....

I do not have a 3DS either atm, but I am going to buy one, and sell my current DSiXL to help pay for it. Hopefully covering all the needed expenses with my birthday money too.

It still sucks though. I am so excited about 6th gen, but bummed that myself, and many others, now have to drop $250+ just to keep playing the games... I've also been playing since day 1 in the first generation. I'll always love Pokemon <3

The Kiwi Dragon
01-09-2013, 02:28 AM
I'm having two problems here. You complain about Nintendo selling there 3D ds for alot of money and complaining that you are not getting a fair deal. That tells me you have never had one. The 3D ds are filled with loads of new features and have added memory, battery life and ITS 3D or 2D.
Plus you guys complain about the loss of creativity of nintendo, but really they have not lossed or gained any. You may say Snivy is a walking snake, Tepig is an orange pig and lillipup is a dog, but Squrtle is a blue Turtle, Bellsprout is a root, and Geodude is a rock with arms. Just face it your home region is one of the first and yes its good, but its no better or worse than any other. Every Gen has there ups and downs but Im tired of hearing how 5th gen has less creativity than the rest. I simply disagree.

Dude, because in my country a standard 3DS is just over $400 brand new. An XL is about $100 extra.

DejaVu146
01-09-2013, 02:54 AM
I don't see why people are getting upset with the 3DS thing. I mean I totally get what everyone is saying about money. I work seasonally, so I'm in the same boat as everyone. I guess I don't know why everyone is surprised. All companies are like this. As the new technology comes out, everything will convert to that. Nintendo did that with GB->GBA->DS. PlayStation is doing that with PS1->2->3. Also with PSP-> PS Vita. Xbox -> Xbox 360. If you want any new games, you're sooner than later going to have to buy the new technology. That's just how business works unfortunately. It comes out in October, that's almost 10 months to come up with a plan. eBay,Amazon, GameStop, etc are all ways to get them cheaper.

Kurosaki Ichigo
01-09-2013, 03:00 AM
I don't see why people are getting upset with the 3DS thing. I mean I totally get what everyone is saying about money. I work seasonally, so I'm in the same boat as everyone. I guess I don't know why everyone is surprised. All companies are like this. As the new technology comes out, everything will convert to that. Nintendo did that with GB->GBA->DS. PlayStation is doing that with PS1->2->3. Also with PSP-> PS Vita. Xbox -> Xbox 360. If you want any new games, you're sooner than later going to have to buy the new technology. That's just how business works unfortunately. It comes out in October, that's almost 10 months to come up with a plan. eBay,Amazon, GameStop, etc are all ways to get them cheaper.

I was upset with it at first but the more I thought about the game and everything I started looking forward to getting a 3DS and the new game when they come out. I'm no longer upset but instead excited for the new generation of Pokemon

sebasgd
01-09-2013, 03:26 AM
Well, it's a long discussion with a lot of things being said. I'd just like to give my opinion about a few details.

1. The most logical thing it's that Nintendo wants to boost the sales of it's hardware. If I had a company, I'd like to sell the most I can. It's simple like that.

2. They seem a little desperate about launching a new gen. Black 2 and White 2 were launched last year and it didn't seem the time for a new gen. But something must be going wrong, because Black and White are the only games in the entire pokemon series that had a second part (never seen before). So they seem to be taking a risk launching a new gen this year.

3. I think from other perspective seeing that they launch it only for 3DS and it's a matter of hardware. ¿Have you ever seen before a Resident Evil game launched for a Nintendo handheld? Investigating a little in the past to write this, it seems like Capcom launched a RE for GBC, but it was a failure. Capcom decided to never launch another RE game for a Nintendo handheld as long as they weren't convinced that it had the hardware requirements that a RE game needs. Then the 3DS came and RE Revelations. Guess which console has more hardware capabilities (DS or 3DS).

4. I saw the entire Nintendo direct broadcast and they focused a lot in the interaction between the consoles. Link cable trading in Blue. Tag team battles in Ruby. Wireless trading in Fire red and Leaf green. GTS since 4th gen. I think they are thinking something about improving the GTS or somethink like that.

5. The game has been essentially the same since 1st gen. I'm talking about the gameplay. It's been the same, gen after gen. In the trailer, the character now seems to be more active. He can jump, grab a rope, and make more actions (jumping in a spider web?) beside just running around and fighting other trainers. Probably they are thinking of making it like an Action/RPG. If they do that, it would be the biggest change in the pokemon series.

Maybe too many people is a little disappointed because they'll have to buy a 3DS for this game, but you still got time. The game will be launched in october. There's no rush yet.

See ya later.

CammyCoolPants
01-09-2013, 03:30 AM
I don't see why everyone is mad at nintendo because they released a game on their newest handheld console it was going to happen sooner or later I mean you complain about it being on the 3ds but other people complain about them not making the pokemon games better or different lets just face it that nintendo is not evil they are just doing what anyone would do with a new console giving it one of its highest selling franchises and we got to look at the up side look at the trailer you can't say that dose not look awesome

GaryEhffinJoaker
01-09-2013, 03:58 AM
Personally I don't see how anyone can complain about the franchise moving to the 3DS. Have you so quickly forgotten the origins of Pokemon on the gameboy? Moving into the Color mode in gen 2? GBA after wards in gen 3. The DS in gen 4 and 5. Nobody can really be that surprised by this upgrade? Why limit themselves when they can produce a hopefully better game with more defining graphics. Why would they restrict themselves to a very old handheld console when the latest thing is out. This isn't new in any sense. Nintendo also isn't the only ones who do this, this is how video game companies work in general. Nintendo can't just cater to those in the world low on finances. They have to keep their own company afloat to keep on affording to support the Pokemon franchise in the first place, and they can't possibly do that by sticking to old systems. Pokemon is one of the few strings Nintendo really has keeping them going. This is business. Not necessarily evil, either. It's that simple.

That being said, I hate the starters... Graphics look crisp, scenery is beautiful, so hopefully it's got a great story to tag along with it.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-09-2013, 05:17 AM
Okay let me just clear up the 3DS thing... It's all marketing. Nintendo had an idea: a mobile gaming device that can use 3D graphics and not require 3D glasses. As far-fetched as it orignally seemed, the engineers were able to come up with a way to make it work (which, if you're wondering, is by layering and using depth instead of bevel or pop-outs, making it similar and passable for 3D). They pay them an arm and a leg, and then they must create these devices, hire beta testers, marketing teams, etc. It seemed like such a good idea that everyone would want one, but they eventually faced a reality: It makes a little difference to people. But at this point, they released a ton of games for it already, and invested a huge load of money into the selling and making of it. So basically, they would take the 3DS off the market, but they'd lose way too much money if they did. So instead, they are transferring their main series (Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, etc) onto 3DS to force people to buy it. Simple... And this is the same thing for 3DS games replacing DS games entirely, very similar to GBA games being lost to DS games. It's inevitable. It'll take longer considering the slight difference, but it will happen soon. Why would Nintendo make a new console if they didn't intend to eventually discard of the old one? They will soon mark the DS obsolete, just like they did with Gameboys.

Now, about the starters... I keep my comments previously, but I need to add that they just don't give me that feeling... That "this is definitely a starter" feeling. I can see them in-game, but not so much as starters. That's a stretch. I love the fire-type one though. I like Lynxes, Lions, etc so it's really cute to me! Hoping it doesn't lose that after evolving like Torchic and Tepig did...

And as far as cover legendaries, don't assume which is which. With BW, the white Pokemon went to Black and vice versa. So the Y Pokemon may be in X and the X Pokemon may be in Y, or maybe not. We don't know yet.

I also never thought about what Sniv said before... but now that I have I see there's still a difference... While they may have good concepts, there are poor executions. Bellsprout, I admit, had a stupid concept. It was the beginning stages of a plant growing up as it evolves. Not much to it, but the way they executed it was just amazing and Victreebell will always be one of my favorite Pokemon. I liked it better when they focus on the natural elements and beings, along with ancient myths and beliefs for ideas... Even 'weird' Pokemon like Trapinch are based off of real creatures, but now they used Gears, Garbage Bags, etc. I guess I can't blame them, I more blame society now that I think about it... These things have really become THAT big a deal in our daily lives... I guess it's part of the game's point though: Nature vs. Technology.

The stories also disappoint me now. There is no argument here.... Nintendo is getting lazy with story lines and map creativity. I mean, Unova was just a circle for you to go around. Even if the storyline was less step-by-step instructions on what to do next, it's just a circle. Not like Kanto where you could go in several directions and figure it out yourself. And the sub-quests... Gold Teeth, Fishing Gurus, it was all amazing. It felt more like a real-world thing. Now, it's just "N went over here! Help us!" and then you follow the character...

I love the battle graphics they have in the trailer though. The 3D lighting of the sprites is terrible, but it said that the footage is not of final gameplay yet so it doesn't matter. They will definitely fix this before the game comes out.

But, even with a system change, Pokemon should still be the classic RPG with small towns and unrealistic grass and evironments. The new gen seems better in concept, but it breaks traditional Pokemon.

Pokemonmaster7
01-09-2013, 06:51 AM
I agree with Gary and papaya person...
Remember when we all had gamebody advance the big flat ones that actually fit in your hands well unless you had a light you couldnt play at night but then somebody at nintendo created the gameboy SP which everybody was greatful for dont even try to say that you werent even if you didnt like the flip thing... As every single one of the hand held consoles have evolved into something better also at the same time the old technology gets fased out. It does suck that we cannot play 6th gen with 5th gen like we have been doing with 4th and 5th but guys and girls this is just how pokemon is gona progress. I know everybody likes to complain trust me i do my fair share as well but reading this discussion makes me feel dumb for feeling angry. We as pokemon fans are getting a new adventure with new pokemon. EVERYONE, from the little 12 year olds to even GM, When we start a new gen for the first time it makes us so excited like the first day we got to play pokemon. This is a good thing no matter what change is happening. Thats all i have to say about that.

P.S. to all those who said that just because you dont have a 3ds your pokemon journey is going to end..... Dont even try that crap you know your going to get it if your a serious fan(which everyone on this site is...) then you will get a 3ds someway or another.

sunnyshores
01-09-2013, 07:02 AM
ok. my mind is blown. completely blown. i am so glad they got out of the color thing and are branching out. x and y look completely epic. nothing short of. i have a 3ds but i am now going to get a 3ds xl just for this. i'm going with froakie! ten months though........it will be the longest ten months ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the best year ever!

complaining???? but this is a new adventure.....a new game. they needed to progress and the 3ds blows the dsi out of the water. new pokemon! i am the first to complain. i love complaining. but this is a new pokemon!

Exflar
01-09-2013, 09:01 AM
I fail to see how Gen 5 lacked in plot. The Unova saga is practically the most story driven set of games in the main series line. Honestly, how do you compare "8 gyms, petty thief organization, elite four" of gen 1 to gen 5's "liberation of Pokémon, abusive father with ulterior motives, gym leader law enforcement"?

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-09-2013, 12:42 PM
I fail to see how Gen 5 lacked in plot. The Unova saga is practically the most story driven set of games in the main series line. Honestly, how do you compare "8 gyms, petty thief organization, elite four" of gen 1 to gen 5's "liberation of Pokémon, abusive father with ulterior motives, gym leader law enforcement"?

Again... Good concept, poor execution. Kanto's idea on paper was simple, but when they put it into the game it was just amazing. Unova had a better idea on paper, but they made the story too easy to follow. And there were no 'Ahhh' moments, like in gen 1 when I finally got the Gold Teeth and Strength! There's nothing like that in 5th gen... Instead, it's "There's a man in a house here that is giving away an HM". I like to be surprised. Kanto had some sub-quests that seemed pointless but were nesecary and were amazing. It was all clever how it went together... And the map was cool too. 5th gen is just a circle with a string attached, like a balloon. They tried to fix it in B2W2 but it's still terrible. Too simplistic.

PS: Team Plasma reveals at the end that the Liberatioon of Pokemon thing is just a hoax..

UltraSound
01-09-2013, 02:56 PM
I'm sorry to use such a harsh word as "hate"...
I hate how much complaining every new pokegame apparently gets. I remember when BW came out, everyone was like "Ohh I'm not gonna get it sucks srly" and people got it anyway, and a day later everyone was like "ZOMG dis ish teh best game evurrrr!!!11one!1"
And people who still didn't get it are just "oh it sucks I'm old schooler cuz I'm awesome liek dat"...no. No you're not. You're not if you think not-getting-a new-game is cool. (You're also not awesome if you get it. You just get a game or not, it doesn't make you any cooler or lamer. 38< IMO)
And the complaining about it being on 3DS...I have the very first version of DS. I don't have 3DS. Yet. But, I'm going to get it, and I'm not angry at Nintendo at all just because the release the next game on 3DS. Times change. I don't think my poor DS would be able to run the 3D world and all that anyway. BUT...I'm not getting it because I'm a real fan, I'm getting it because I think it looks cool and I want it. You can still be a real fan even if you don't get the game. I found the poke games at the time when HG/SS came out, and I consider myself a real fan, even though I "only" have SS, Platinum, White and White2.
Aaaaaaand for those complaining they don't have money to save for 3DS...YOU HAVE 10 DERPING MONTHS TO EARN THAT MONEY, quit crying plz and go mow the lawn or something.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand about the plot. I do agree that it's kind of "OMG THAT GUY WHO WAS THE LEADER OF THE WORST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO POKEWORLD WENT THAT WAY, QUICK youhavetoearnthatbadgebeforewecangoafterthembecaus ethat'showitworksyouhaveallthetimeyouwantinyourhan dsdon'trushmkaitakeyourtime.
Don't like the plot? Make your own! I love travelling around the regions, imagining that I'm saving for example Castelia City from Team Rocket, talking to imaginary people ingame and stuff. :P Say it's boring? Get some imagination, and I swear, it won't be boring!
Complaining about Unova map being boring? Well um...IMO, that's quite useless. It's like I was complaining that I don't like the game because I don't like the package the game is in. It doesn't affect the game at all, and in my opinion, is much easier to travel around that way. And there are many "hidden" routes trough caves from a place to another, making the map a lot more complicated than it looks.
C'mon people, being positive isn't that hard. If you're trying to tell yourself the game isn't worth buying just because you can't afford it yet, do it somewhere else, you're brining down people who are really looking forward to the new game and try to see the positive things about it to make it more exciting.

Pokemonmaster7
01-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Oh hey just thought id let everybody kno pokemon just released the names of the two ledgendaries in pokemon x and y
x is xerneas
y is yvental

both are a bit out there if you ask me but so was zekrom and reshiram... reshiram???
nyway im excided and i want YVENTAL!!!

Astral Vapors
01-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Actually, the correct names are Xerneas and Yveltal :)

I for one am beyond excited for the release of X and Y. Bring on gen 6 :D

the pokechamp 1
01-09-2013, 07:45 PM
i dont have the 3ds but i still like the game its awesome if i cant get the game ill just watch the anime and i would choose frokie im in love with it who would u choose

Astral Vapors
01-09-2013, 08:01 PM
i dont have the 3ds but i still like the game its awesome if i cant get the game ill just watch the anime and i would choose frokie im in love with it who would u choose

I'm choosing Fennekin, all the way. Fennec foxes are amazing animals and I'm stoked that one of the starters is based on one! Plus I always seem to gravitate more towards the water starters, so I think he'll be a nice change of pace :)

the pokechamp 1
01-09-2013, 08:11 PM
3ds u better make this world a better place for pokemon

the pokechamp 1
01-09-2013, 08:13 PM
hey ultra who are u choosing

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-09-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm choosing Fennekin, all the way. Fennec foxes are amazing animals and I'm stoked that one of the starters is based on one! Plus I always seem to gravitate more towards the water starters, so I think he'll be a nice change of pace :)

Same! It's adorable! And I thought it was lynx? Lol yours sounds more similar to the name Fennekin so that's probs it then xD And I always use grass-types so I can't wait to actually use the fire-type xD

The Kiwi Dragon
01-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Who in the name of God created the legendaries...? Because those are some of the most ridiculous names for legendaries I've ever heard...
They sound cool and all, but just really ridiculous...

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Who in the name of God created the legendaries...? Because those are some of the most ridiculous names for legendaries I've ever heard...
They sound cool and all, but just really ridiculous...

I've been complaining this whole time on the post, but Reshiram... Kyurem? Those names are just as awful and don't even sound as cool when pronounced.

Ninfias
01-09-2013, 09:33 PM
I like the Name of the legends! Oh goodness people aren't complaining about that too already? seriously everyone, just be excited about the game.
At first I was a little upset about the games being out for only the 3ds but you if actually read then you'll understand its best for the company. And hey, who doesn't wanna 3d pokemon.
Also if you're complaining about the price, YOU HAVE TEN MONTHS. Ten months guys, learn how to save your money (that's what I'm doing >.>
Anyways, heck yes!!! NEW POKEMON GAME AWWWH YESSSS

The Kiwi Dragon
01-09-2013, 09:37 PM
I've been complaining this whole time on the post, but Reshiram... Kyurem? Those names are just as awful and don't even sound as cool when pronounced.

Zekrom sounded decent, Reshiram was just weird and let's not even talk about Kyurem...
My question is... After this Gen... How many Pokemon does everyone think will be in the National Dex? I'm guessing somewhere between 750 - 800...

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Zekrom sounded decent, Reshiram was just weird and let's not even talk about Kyurem...
My question is... After this Gen... How many Pokemon does everyone think will be in the National Dex? I'm guessing somewhere between 750 - 800...

They seem to be adding more and more by the generation... I'd have to guess a little over 800.

The Kiwi Dragon
01-09-2013, 10:03 PM
What I'm trying to work out, is because this will be like Gen 2 and 4, you won't get a full region of new Pokemon like Unova, but one more like Sinnoh, so if we push away the obvious ones that'll be appearing (Magikarp/Gyarados, Golett/Golurk, etc) it would be in the 750-780 region.

GreyMatterist7
01-09-2013, 10:15 PM
I read there is supposed to be only a bit more than 700.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-09-2013, 10:24 PM
What I'm trying to work out, is because this will be like Gen 2 and 4, you won't get a full region of new Pokemon like Unova, but one more like Sinnoh, so if we push away the obvious ones that'll be appearing (Magikarp/Gyarados, Golett/Golurk, etc) it would be in the 750-780 region.

I get what you're saying... I was expecting something similar, but Sinnoh wasn't too small and it had it's fair share of new Pokemon in it. But I'm happy cuz the trailer shows a wild Pikachu! Pikachu is only found wild in Kanto (can't count safari zones) so that's awesome. And to Aura the Riolu... "The addition of the new Pokémon takes the number of Pokémon over to well above 700." (Serebii.net) Serebii is a reliable source, that actually posted of this 10 minutes after the announcement. He's never been wrong before, so it's definitely way over 700. Well over means much higher than.

The Kiwi Dragon
01-09-2013, 11:21 PM
I saw the Pikachu... And it stared at me @.@ I just paused the video and stared back! Sooo cute!

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-09-2013, 11:40 PM
I saw the Pikachu... And it stared at me @.@ I just paused the video and stared back! Sooo cute!

Same! But not for Pikachu, I paused it cuz the new Wild Encounter animation looks really cool. It makes more sense that the transition into a battle screen

blaziking
01-10-2013, 03:32 AM
Well i for one am really excited for the 3D battles. While playing the rotation battles on black 2 i had a feeling that something like this was coming but i didn't expect it so soon and i had hope for it to be a R/S remake. That being said pokemon for me was all about taking me out of my real life and into this amazing adventure so i just hope that these new games take it even further with the 3D. In my opinion some of the pokemon seem to be a little lazy but we have some pokmon in every generation that make you think how did this one make it into the game but we get over it. I would like everyone to remember back to when pokemon B/W came out and all the hate it got and then people played it and loved it and in the most part the hate stopped apart from those who say they only like the original games to be cool. What i am trying to say is don't put it down before you play it.
And to those complaining about it being 3D only - I only have a DS about 10 months before then i borrowed to play. So before you give up there are ways around it.

Naminette
01-10-2013, 05:05 AM
I'm excited for the new game. Not very excited about the console not because of the pricing: I can just put aside money every month until I have enough to buy it. My issue with the 3DS is a personal one. I've tried to play with the console's 3D settings so many times, but every single time I try, after the first 10 minutes I get very nauseous, dizzy, and have headaches and even after I turn off the 3D option, I feel that way for the rest of the day. I don't know if it's only me that gets sick playing games on this console. Maybe I'm just weird. But I think I'm gonna have a big chat with myself to decide whether or not my health is worth continuing to play Pokemon.....

DejaVu146
01-10-2013, 05:18 AM
Pikachu could be found in Sinnoh in the wild too. In Relic Garden (I think it was called).

GaryEhffinJoaker
01-10-2013, 05:29 AM
Pikachu were also in Hoenn's safari Zone

CammyCoolPants
01-10-2013, 05:37 AM
I have read that the starters might have secondary types grass/dark fire/psychic water/fighting if so it adds a secondary type triangle COOL! also I love both fenneken and chespin best equaly which is weird cuse I always choose water

The Kiwi Dragon
01-10-2013, 08:06 AM
I have read that the starters might have secondary types grass/dark fire/psychic water/fighting if so it adds a secondary type triangle COOL! also I love both fenneken and chespin best equaly which is weird cuse I always choose water

We were discussing this in the ChatBox earlier... We disbelieve it is Water/Fighting for Froakie but Water/Electric.

The Kiwi Dragon
01-10-2013, 08:17 AM
I hate how much complaining every new pokegame apparently gets. I remember when BW came out, everyone was like "Ohh I'm not gonna get it sucks srly" and people got it anyway, and a day later everyone was like "ZOMG dis ish teh best game evurrrr!!!11one!1"
And people who still didn't get it are just "oh it sucks I'm old schooler cuz I'm awesome liek dat"...no. No you're not. You're not if you think not-getting-a new-game is cool. (You're also not awesome if you get it. You just get a game or not, it doesn't make you any cooler or lamer. 38< IMO)
And the complaining about it being on 3DS...I have the very first version of DS. I don't have 3DS. Yet. But, I'm going to get it, and I'm not angry at Nintendo at all just because the release the next game on 3DS. Times change. I don't think my poor DS would be able to run the 3D world and all that anyway. BUT...I'm not getting it because I'm a real fan, I'm getting it because I think it looks cool and I want it. You can still be a real fan even if you don't get the game. I found the poke games at the time when HG/SS came out, and I consider myself a real fan, even though I "only" have SS, Platinum, White and White2.
Aaaaaaand for those complaining they don't have money to save for 3DS...YOU HAVE 10 DERPING MONTHS TO EARN THAT MONEY, quit crying plz and go mow the lawn or something.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand about the plot. I do agree that it's kind of "OMG THAT GUY WHO WAS THE LEADER OF THE WORST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO POKEWORLD WENT THAT WAY, QUICK youhavetoearnthatbadgebeforewecangoafterthembecaus ethat'showitworksyouhaveallthetimeyouwantinyourhan dsdon'trushmkaitakeyourtime.
Don't like the plot? Make your own! I love travelling around the regions, imagining that I'm saving for example Castelia City from Team Rocket, talking to imaginary people ingame and stuff. :P Say it's boring? Get some imagination, and I swear, it won't be boring!
Complaining about Unova map being boring? Well um...IMO, that's quite useless. It's like I was complaining that I don't like the game because I don't like the package the game is in. It doesn't affect the game at all, and in my opinion, is much easier to travel around that way. And there are many "hidden" routes trough caves from a place to another, making the map a lot more complicated than it looks.
C'mon people, being positive isn't that hard. If you're trying to tell yourself the game isn't worth buying just because you can't afford it yet, do it somewhere else, you're brining down people who are really looking forward to the new game and try to see the positive things about it to make it more exciting.

Just saying... Some of us don't get given money by our parents unless it's a special occasion...

UltraSound
01-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Just saying... Some of us don't get given money by our parents unless it's a special occasion...

Just saying, you can try to get a summer job. I'm not getting any money from my parents either. I have 2 jobs and I'm planning on getting a summer job too. I suggest you do the same if you don't have money to afford it.

And TheCOOL, I think I'll be getting Fennekin. :3 I usually want to see the full evolved forms before choosing, for example on White, I thought Oshawott was the cutest so I wanted it, but after some googling around and seeing what it's final form looks like, I changed my mind and chose Snivy.

Sniv
01-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Im with you UltraSound we all have 10months to make uo the money and we really should not be complaining about the new game when all we know about it is 5 pokemon, and it looks like its going to be taken place in Paris. Oh on the plus side Japan, US, The America's and every where pokemon is the game will come out at the same time no 6 or 3 month wait :)

GaryEhffinJoaker
01-10-2013, 07:12 PM

I know I typed this already but my comment seems to have vanished somehow...? :confused: what's that about the plot because I can't find anything online about it...

GaryEhffinJoaker
01-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Complaining about legend names.... But I don't think Mew was all that brilliant, and the unoriginality of Mewtwo... Lets just face it, not every name and design is gonna be a winner. That's why there's over 700 to choose from. :/ don't like it? Oh snap! Hundreds more to pick! Omg! :O as far as the 3D goes, yeah it sucks when the switch is on, but I turn it off when playing my 3DS games. I don't feel sick all day but it bothers my eyes. It's useless as far as I'm concerned. So just turning the switch off should fix that problem.

meloetta
01-10-2013, 07:31 PM
I dont have a 3ds to but I really want pokemon X

The Kiwi Dragon
01-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Just saying, you can try to get a summer job. I'm not getting any money from my parents either. I have 2 jobs and I'm planning on getting a summer job too. I suggest you do the same if you don't have money to afford it.

And TheCOOL, I think I'll be getting Fennekin. :3 I usually want to see the full evolved forms before choosing, for example on White, I thought Oshawott was the cutest so I wanted it, but after some googling around and seeing what it's final form looks like, I changed my mind and chose Snivy.

No chance of a summer job. I live in a ghost town where kids aren't given the light of day, and if there are jobs available, they're gone at the snap of the fingers. I live in that small a town.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-10-2013, 10:37 PM
No chance of a summer job. I live in a ghost town where kids aren't given the light of day, and if there are jobs available, they're gone at the snap of the fingers. I live in that small a town.

Then make flyers for lawn mowing, house keeping, pet sitting, pet walking, baby sitting, etc

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Pikachu were also in Hoenn's safari Zone

Pikachu could be found in Sinnoh in the wild too. In Relic Garden (I think it was called).

That doesn't count. The Safari Zone and Master Garden were set up collections of Pokemon, kind of like a zoo, or a safari. You never find one outside of these areas though, unless you're in Kanto you can't find them wild

TerraForming
01-11-2013, 02:07 AM
I'm in a similar position, I loved the old GB games, I love Kanto! So this whole 3D thing is suprising. I was doubtful about B/W even. All regions beyond Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn are new and strange to me, but hopefully X and Y will win me over like gen. 5 did. Although the first evolutions of the starters are making it look like the pokemon are getting less cool, but I guess I won't judge until I see their evolutions...

CammyCoolPants
01-11-2013, 02:42 AM
I have done the math on what the likelihood number of new Pokemon will be for the new game, this is my work.

Kanto 151
Johto 100 = 251
Hoenn 135 = 386
Sinnoh 107 = 493
Unova 156 = 649

649 divided by 5 equals 129.8

New Pokemon average 129.8

So the average is 129.8 exactly so we can expect to see new Pokemon around this number. So in a wide estimate the range might be 90-160 new Pokemon but in my personal opinion is it will be around 98-112 new Pokemon. tell me what you think.

Here's hoping that the new Pokemon are good, both legendaries look EPIC and I don't say that often.

P.S. this equation includes event Pokemon so both estimates include new event Pokemon also.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-11-2013, 03:03 AM
I have done the math on what the likelihood number of new Pokemon will be for the new game, this is my work.

Kanto 151
Johto 100 = 251
Hoenn 135 = 386
Sinnoh 107 = 493
Unova 156 = 649

649 divided by 5 equals 129.8

New Pokemon average 129.8

So the average is 129.8 exactly so we can expect to see new Pokemon around this number. So in a wide estimate the range might be 90-160 new Pokemon but in my personal opinion is it will be around 98-112 new Pokemon. tell me what you think.

Here's hoping that the new Pokemon are good, both legendaries look EPIC and I don't say that often.

P.S. this equation includes event Pokemon so both estimates include new event Pokemon also.

Dammmn that's a lot of numbers... But in the end, there's also a pattern you overlooked with those numbers. Every odd gen has numbers closer to 145 and every even gen has numbers closer to 103. Being that Gen 6 will be on even gen, I guess I can't expect more than 103 Pokemon. But I'm also expecting new evolutions... Every even gen also has new evolutions! And 2 new eeveelutions! Umbreon and Espeon from Johto and Leafeon and Glaceon from Sinnoh.

Dhomie
01-11-2013, 03:05 AM
Im flipping out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they finaly take the fans advice!!!!!!!. anyway which game/legendary are you choosing. What starter are you choosing also. Im choosing the firfox thing(even though i dont like any of them)
And im choosing the legendary with the Y in his name (I really like this one, I mean a deer come on who is gonna choose that,but that is my opinion.)

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-11-2013, 03:16 AM
They didn't take the fans' advice. They took their financial advisers' advice. It wouldn't have been profitable for them to not start 6th gen yet. The starters will also grow on you. It's just a matter of the image being unfamiliar to you right now. And it's beneficial to learn the names and pronunciations of Xerneas and Yveltal... And I don't particularly like Yveltal simply because it is visually unappealing to me... But the typing may convince me otherwise. It looks like a Fire/Flying type but Xerneas doesn't "look" like any particular type... Maybe steel if anything.

The Kiwi Dragon
01-11-2013, 03:17 AM
Dammmn that's a lot of numbers... But in the end, there's also a pattern you overlooked with those numbers. Every odd gen has numbers closer to 145 and every even gen has numbers closer to 103. Being that Gen 6 will be on even gen, I guess I can't expect more than 103 Pokemon. But I'm also expecting new evolutions... Every even gen also has new evolutions! And 2 new eeveelutions! Umbreon and Espeon from Johto and Leafeon and Glaceon from Sinnoh.

So hopefully: Draconeon and Shadoweon from the 'WhateverwackynameNintendocallsthisregion'.

The Kiwi Dragon
01-11-2013, 03:19 AM
They didn't take the fans' advice. They took their financial advisers' advice. It wouldn't have been profitable for them to not start 6th gen yet. The starters will also grow on you. It's just a matter of the image being unfamiliar to you right now. And it's beneficial to learn the names and pronunciations of Xerneas and Yveltal... And I don't particularly like Yveltal simply because it is visually unappealing to me... But the typing may convince me otherwise. It looks like a Fire/Flying type but Xerneas doesn't "look" like any particular type... Maybe steel if anything.

Yvetal looks like a Dark/Flying and Xerneas looks like... Um... I haven't got a flipping clue...

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-11-2013, 03:26 AM
So hopefully: Draconeon and Shadoweon from the 'WhateverwackynameNintendocallsthisregion'.

Yes! Or Stoneon... Metaleon... Wingaleon... Toxineon... Eartheon... Insecteon... Normaleon... Fisteon... Many choices xD

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-11-2013, 03:27 AM
Yvetal looks like a Dark/Flying and Xerneas looks like... Um... I haven't got a flipping clue...

Well imo Yveltal looks like the devil with an extra arm... So I'm sticking with Fire/Flying. and Xerneas has some pretty interesting feet and antlers going on... If it's not Steel/? It's definitely Ice/?. Maybe Electric too, it's antlers have an electric iridescence.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-11-2013, 03:31 AM
Also, check out the last Pre-Release pic on Serebii. It shows a a room two flaming pillars and a Y shape on the floor. Definitely a Fire Type

The Kiwi Dragon
01-11-2013, 03:39 AM
I know... Personally, those are the two I really want to see.
I think if there was a choice for a third Eeveelution like Gen 1 (Which there probably won't be due to the odd/even number setup, kinda thing.) I'd want to see Metaleon as well as Draconeon and Shadoweon.

My guesses just how they could possibly evolve:

Draconeon = Level Eevee up holding Dragon Fang.
Shadoweon = Level Eevee up holding Spell Tag.
Metaleon = Level Eevee up holding Metal Coat.
Stoneon = Level Eevee up holding Hard Stone.
Wingaleon = Level Eevee up holding Sharp Beak.
Toxineon = Level Eevee up holding Poison Barb.
Insecteon = Level Eevee up holding SilverPowder.
Fisteon = Level Eevee up holding Black Belt.
Normaleon = Level Eevee up holding Silk Scarf.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-11-2013, 03:47 AM
I know... Personally, those are the two I really want to see.
I think if there was a choice for a third Eeveelution like Gen 1 (Which there probably won't be due to the odd/even number setup, kinda thing.) I'd want to see Metaleon as well as Draconeon and Shadoweon.

My guesses just how they could possibly evolve:

Draconeon = Level Eevee up holding Dragon Fang.
Shadoweon = Level Eevee up holding Spell Tag.
Metaleon = Level Eevee up holding Metal Coat.
Stoneon = Level Eevee up holding Hard Stone.
Wingaleon = Level Eevee up holding Sharp Beak.
Toxineon = Level Eevee up holding Poison Barb.
Insecteon = Level Eevee up holding SilverPowder.
Fisteon = Level Eevee up holding Black Belt.
Normaleon = Level Eevee up holding Silk Scarf.

They usually just introduce a new evoltution method. In gen 2 they introduced happiness based evolution, and in gen 4 they introduced location based evolution. Both new methods were used for the eeveelutions and other Pokemon within the generation. I'd have to guess that a person purifies, or something of the sort, and allows for it to be evolved.

Dhomie
01-11-2013, 04:41 AM
Alrighty then.

The Kiwi Dragon
01-11-2013, 04:51 AM
Still no word on a Poison Type Legendary...

DejaVu146
01-11-2013, 05:59 AM
My Eeveelution ideas

Litheon- Rock (litho means rock)
Mytheon- Dragon (since dragons are myths in fantasies)
Aireon- Flying
Spookeon- Ghost
Buzzeon-Bug (think the buzzzzz a bug makes lol)
Pureon- normal (pure + eon)
Champeon- Fighting

Steel and poison are still in progress lol

UltraSound
01-11-2013, 01:08 PM

You're not being positive. 38 There's always some work to do. I live in a small town too, but that doesn't restrict chances in getting a job imo.

xDARTHBLADEITOx
01-11-2013, 07:46 PM
well i have a 3DS and those two games look awesome. but why X and Y?

The legendarys look like the letters with a very small amount of imagination.

Fletchinder
01-11-2013, 08:51 PM
There is no way I'm buying pokemon X and Y. 1st of all the pokemon so far look like crap except Fenniken. 2nd I don't have a 3ds. 3rd I don't like the 3ds and I wont buy it just for a stupid looking pokemon game. Finally but the least important thing about why I won'nt get it is because the name X and Y. If you look back at the other games the name has always been a jewl or a color not letters. Whtas next pokemon 1 and pokemon 2? ughh

GaryEhffinJoaker
01-11-2013, 10:25 PM
There is no way I'm buying pokemon X and Y. 1st of all the pokemon so far look like crap except Fenniken. 2nd I don't have a 3ds. 3rd I don't like the 3ds and I wont buy it just for a stupid looking pokemon game. Finally but the least important thing about why I won'nt get it is because the name X and Y. If you look back at the other games the name has always been a jewl or a color not letters. Whtas next pokemon 1 and pokemon 2? ughh

Calm down first of all... X, Y, and the third game probably will be Z. X, Y, and Z are coordinates, sometimes and often expressed in 3D. Uh.... 3DS??? The name was fitting and perfect in every way. The title really shouldn't mean anything or be complained about. We've only seen 5 pokemon.... How can they possibly ALL look bad when we haven't even seen but 5? We haven't seen anything of the pokemon game but a short clip that looks graphically stunning for the series, so just how dumb can this game look exactly...?

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-12-2013, 12:11 AM
Plus, these images aren't even final. There is a disclaimer saying the game footage is not final, so it is subject to get better. And yes, X and Y are algebraically the coordinate axis in the 2nd dimension, and Z would make it the 3rd dimension. So X and Y make a lot of logical sense... And you probably can't come up with a better name anyways so...?

Dhomie
01-12-2013, 01:59 AM
i agree, Melow u just cant judge a game on 5 pokemon and a title.

Pokemonmaster7
01-12-2013, 06:52 AM
people who swear now that the wont get a 3DS are full of it cuz you have 10 months to get one... even if you dont like the 3d part you can turn it off for the most part. and not buying the newest pokemon game??? might as well stop playing pokemon

Cthulhu
01-12-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm buying it. I don't know why but saw some footage of the battles and their very interesting. Real 3d pokemon fights. :D I hope there nice poison types in it. Because its my favorite type. Only the walking around part looks a bit odd. o_O It reminds me of paper mario.

CammyCoolPants
01-14-2013, 11:26 AM
has anyone seen the fake pikachu evolution it tricked a lot of japanese people on twitter well if you ask me (which you didn't but I don't care) that looks pretty cool and makes me want a fire/electric pokemon (rotom doesn't count) what do you think?

groovychainsaw
01-14-2013, 03:15 PM
well i have a 3DS and those two games look awesome. but why X and Y? so they can make z a few months after there release lol

Sniv
01-14-2013, 09:29 PM
I think we will have eevee evoltions of ghost (Trade eevee while holding a Reper Cloth) and steel (Trade eevee holding a Metal Coat)

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-14-2013, 09:29 PM
so they can make z a few months after there release lol

and Z would tie in with the now 3D games, being that Z is the dimension of Depth added on the 3DS

Gaming Master 2000
01-14-2013, 10:51 PM

Above is a photo released by the Pokemon Company's PR Department.

In a press release that came out overnight (for me) it's been revealed that The starters are only Grass, Fire and Water.

Sniv
01-15-2013, 12:02 AM
has anyone seen the fake pikachu evolution it tricked a lot of japanese people on twitter well if you ask me (which you didn't but I don't care) that looks pretty cool and makes me want a fire/electric pokemon (rotom doesn't count) what do you think?

Sound pretty cool if you ask me. As long as it does not look like rotom's oven form. Im not a huge fan, I like rotom in its normal form.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-15-2013, 03:52 AM

Yep! It's called Kaenchu if anyone wants to see it... It looks really cool that'd be an awesome Pikachu evolution

Kurosaki Ichigo
01-15-2013, 03:55 AM
Yep! It's called Kaenchu if anyone wants to see it... It looks really cool that'd be an awesome Pikachu evolution

Can you link me to it?

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-15-2013, 03:57 AM
Can you link me to it?

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/01/how-a-phony-pikachu-trolled-twitter/

Kurosaki Ichigo
01-15-2013, 04:01 AM

Thank you and that would be an epic Pikachu evolution

sebasgd
01-15-2013, 07:19 AM
I hope they don't release a Pokemon Z... that would be awful. I've never liked 3rd releases (Crystal, Emerald, Platinum). Those always had everything better, leaving almost useless both previous versions. X & Y are enough for me.

blaziking
01-15-2013, 10:26 PM

That looks so cool kinda like Darkrai. I would love that Duel type also!!!

Dhomie
01-16-2013, 04:01 AM
That looks so cool kinda like Darkrai. I would love that Duel type also!!!

That would be an amazing evolution i hope it really comes out and in 3d 2 that would be epic!

blaziking
01-16-2013, 09:45 AM
That would be an amazing evolution i hope it really comes out and in 3d 2 that would be epic!

Well it was a hoax but something along that line would be cool!!!

CammyCoolPants
01-18-2013, 10:45 AM
I have been reading a wild theory about Yvetal representing blood and muscle and Xerneus representing a Neuron (nerve cell) at first I thought this as a wild theory but if you look at the japanesse trailer logo you can clearly see a double helix now look at Xerneus and then at a neuron looks similer don't they make you think

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-18-2013, 12:49 PM
I have been reading a wild theory about Yvetal representing blood and muscle and Xerneus representing a Neuron (nerve cell) at first I thought this as a wild theory but if you look at the japanesse trailer logo you can clearly see a double helix now look at Xerneus and then at a neuron looks similer don't they make you think

Well of course they are both connected to a myth or animal of some sort, but that does make sense I see what you're saying.

Exflar
01-21-2013, 05:48 AM
There are mainly three big speculations considering the namesake of X and Y. Everyone's noted the obvious mathematical schematic. X axis and Y axis, Xerneas being the running or lateral and Yveltal being the rising or vertical. The biological aspect, as you mentioned, could extend further backward from blastulaic germ layers; namely the sex chromosomes.

As for the other fan-theory, which I find much more plausible, is more of a mythical basis. Since we can safely assume Gen VI region to be based on France (and Europe by extension), Xerneas and Yveltal bear similarity to creatures of Norse and Celtic mythos. In the image linked below, you can see the three levels of Yggdrasil. Up top is the Wyvern, notably, Yveltal. Xerneas is represented as a culmination of the four stags of the middle realm (Note the four colours on Xerneas' antlers). Which lends itself to the third creature, a serpent, which very much could be the basis of a possible Pokemon Z title.

http://www.kimikogaming.net/wp-content/uploads/tumblr_lp5h4foVRs1qky1tco1_500.jpg

GaryEhffinJoaker
01-21-2013, 07:41 AM
I think we will have eevee evoltions of ghost (Trade eevee while holding a Reper Cloth) and steel (Trade eevee holding a Metal Coat)

they're not gonna evolve eevee with methods that have been around in previous gens :/... if they do (which I hope they dont...) they'll evolve eevee with a new method obviously

The Kiwi Dragon
01-21-2013, 07:50 AM
There are mainly three big speculations considering the namesake of X and Y. Everyone's noted the obvious mathematical schematic. X axis and Y axis, Xerneas being the running or lateral and Yveltal being the rising or vertical. The biological aspect, as you mentioned, could extend further backward from blastulaic germ layers; namely the sex chromosomes.

As for the other fan-theory, which I find much more plausible, is more of a mythical basis. Since we can safely assume Gen VI region to be based on France (and Europe by extension), Xerneas and Yveltal bear similarity to creatures of Norse and Celtic mythos. In the image linked below, you can see the three levels of Yggdrasil. Up top is the Wyvern, notably, Yveltal. Xerneas is represented as a culmination of the four stags of the middle realm (Note the four colours on Xerneas' antlers). Which lends itself to the third creature, a serpent, which very much could be the basis of a possible Pokemon Z title.

http://www.kimikogaming.net/wp-content/uploads/tumblr_lp5h4foVRs1qky1tco1_500.jpg

You know... That makes more sense than any of the other theories I've heard...

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-21-2013, 02:47 PM

I agree about the Wyverns and the Stags, as I have studied Norse Mythology independently. But the Serpent would not be a cover legendary; it's myth also involves the rodent and the eagle to make any sense. I can definitely see it as a legendary, but not a cover legendary. And I think for X and Y they may just make X2 and Y2.... I'd hope for Z but not too many independent myths in Norse Mythology.

Your picture is a rather inaccurate depiction of Yggdrasil and there is no Wyvern in the picture anywhere.... A Wyvern is a Dragon with Hind Legs and Wings but no Arms. The bird atop the tree is the nameless eagle. Lol but the 4 Harts (Stags) are Norse and the Wyvern is more concerned with Gaelic myths... This is the first time I'm seeing a mixture O.o But then again, also the first time Cover Legends are not based off of Asian myths.. Lol

If it is based off of the Harts then Xerneas could possibly be a Flying-type (long, complicated explanation of why can be asked for).

GaryEhffinJoaker
01-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Personally I think they will make Z. But I dont think it will be like the other 3rd games like Crystal, Emerald, etc. It will possibly be a brand new game altogether related to X and Y but its own new story. Nintendo is always pulling new tricks out the hat with Pokemon since gen 2 was announced so I bet they have something cool planned after X and Y.

Phrog
01-27-2013, 04:47 AM
I'm in favor of a "Z" legendary. I think the X and Y hint at the possibility of a Deoxys showing up in the first game, but I think X, Y, and a potential "Z" will represent the three dimensional coordinate system. Seeing as how the game is in 3D for the first time, and they are trying to put emphasis on the 3DS, it seems to make sense.