PDA

View Full Version : The 6th gen Starters

Sniv
01-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Watch the video, then tell me which one you'll most likely pick.

http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us

Im going to follow my tradition of starting with a grass type and go with Chespin. But I also really want Fennekin too.

Kurosaki Ichigo
01-09-2013, 12:23 AM
I'd go with Fennekin

keyblade
01-09-2013, 12:33 AM
ill go with Chespin

hawkem
01-09-2013, 12:34 AM
i would go for all

Pikablast237
01-09-2013, 12:38 AM
if i had to choose fennekin but i might pick froakie

Fazbear_Ent.©
01-09-2013, 02:07 AM
I'm getting Froakie for sure.
Ever since the 1st gen I've always picked the water starter ^^

sebasgd
01-09-2013, 02:10 AM
I've always liked more the grass type, so Chespin would be my choice.

The Kiwi Dragon
01-09-2013, 02:29 AM
I hardly have any feelings for any of them... But I s'pose Froakie will have to do...

sepmarcos
01-09-2013, 03:27 AM
I want that Magikarp, but since we can't start with him, I'd take Fennekin. :p

Velvet
01-09-2013, 05:09 AM
I almost always go for the grass, but fennekin is so cute!

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-09-2013, 05:20 AM
I'd pick Fennekin or Chespin. I always hate the Water-type starter, except for Mudkip. But I also hate Swampert, so I never really choose him. I like the idea behind Fennekin (A Lynx), so I might choose her, but I may stick with my traditional grass-type starter.

Ninfias
01-09-2013, 06:47 AM
OH MY GOSH. Fennekin/Chespin ARE ADORABLE! LIKE OMG FENNEKIN IS ADORBS<333 I don't like the water one much.
BUT HOW CUTE OMG.

Pokemonmaster7
01-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Hey just thought id let everybody kno Pokemon just released the names of the two ledgendaries for pokemon x and y
the x pokemon is Xerneas
the y pokemon is Yveltal

my fav is yveltal and fennekin all the way always had a fire starter cept in 5th gen emboar was dumb

Astral Vapors
01-09-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm choosing Fennekin, all the way. His design is based off of a fennec fox, and having spent time around a fennec fox whilst volunteering at a local animal shelter has made me particularly fond of them :)

Matthewm9
01-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Fennekin! I always pick the grass starter but i cant resist the cute awesomeness that is Fennekin

The Kiwi Dragon
01-09-2013, 11:24 PM
The only reason I'm choosing Froakie as water types being chosen to me is a long standing tradition:

Red: Squirtle
Gold: Totodile
Emerald: Mudkip
Diamond: Piplup
Platinum: Piplup
SoulSilver: Totodile, Squirtle and Mudkip.
White: Oshawott
Black 2: Oshawott
White 2: ... Oshawott again maybe?
Y: Froakie

WaterDeity
01-10-2013, 02:04 AM
Froakie is going to be mine, like some users. I have always used water. :D

NatalyaBelarus<3
01-10-2013, 02:41 AM
I like Fennekin the most, it's just tooooo cute!!! <3 (I know everyone's choosing him but hey I rarely choose fire starters and Fennekin just looks well done for a pokemon design)
I wish I can fast forward to October right now!! I'm very excited about this!!! :DDDDD

blaziking
01-10-2013, 02:43 AM
Fennekin for me most likely as i have almost always picked the fire starter apart from Tepig. I don't particularly like the other two. So unless we get info on the gyms before the games come out showing that a Fire starter would be a huge disadvantage Fennekin is my pick!!

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-10-2013, 04:15 AM
Fennekin for me most likely as i have almost always picked the fire starter apart from Tepig. I don't particularly like the other two. So unless we get info on the gyms before the games come out showing that a Fire starter would be a huge disadvantage Fennekin is my pick!!

With the Rock and Water gyms in Kanto I still used Charmander once or twice, I don't see that as a deal-breaker

Naminette
01-10-2013, 05:22 AM
I usually go for water starters, but I'd go for Fennekin first. Its... It's too cute for me to ignore.. D: <3

Cotton Candy
01-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Fennekin! Love it! SO CUTE! even though chespin is cool..........

Cotton Candy
01-10-2013, 10:40 PM
(A lynx) It was said to be a fennec fox ^^

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-11-2013, 02:51 AM
(A lynx) It was said to be a fennec fox ^^

xD Lol I realized that after I made my assumption. It's still awesome though

Baby Koga
01-11-2013, 02:58 AM
I'm usually a water starter lover. Then again, Chimchar won me over in Platinum and this time I've fallen for the grass starter. *Raises poke ball*

"Chespin, I choose you!"

Dhomie
01-11-2013, 03:01 AM
they all look awful to me but i guess i will choose the firefox thingy

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-11-2013, 03:06 AM
they all look awful to me but i guess i will choose the firefox thingy

They will grow on you. Turtwig looked ridiculous to me a first but it grew on me eventually

VictiniBlastDP
01-11-2013, 02:56 PM
I'm sticking with my baby Froakie!! :D

Arrogant Watermelon
01-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Froakie for sure!!!!

DragonsFirelight
01-11-2013, 07:23 PM
I think they're all lame...-_-
I think they should have stopped making pokemon games after Gen 4.

blaziking
01-11-2013, 08:22 PM
With the Rock and Water gyms in Kanto I still used Charmander once or twice, I don't see that as a deal-breaker

It wouldn't be a deal breaker just something to consider as i am not really that biased on which i pick.

blaziking
01-11-2013, 08:23 PM

That sort of attitude belongs on facebook dude. Begone with your negativity.

Grey Fullbuster
01-11-2013, 10:22 PM

Keep you're comment for you people here love 5th and 6th

Umari
01-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Fennekin is by far my favorite by looks. I love Foxes as well as Fire-Types so it's a win-win! :D

carcinoGeneticist
01-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Fennekin is the only decent looking one.

BUT WATCH IT EVOLVE INTO SOMETHING UGLY UGGHH /sobs

Gaming Master 2000
01-12-2013, 12:46 AM
My personal preference at the moment is Froakie. I will have to wait and see the final evolutions though as I'll be spending more time with them in that form than any other.

micklepickle101
01-12-2013, 12:58 AM
Am I The only one who thinks that Chespin's design resembles the design on Oshawott ??

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-12-2013, 12:59 AM
My personal preference at the moment is Froakie. I will have to wait and see the final evolutions though as I'll be spending more time with them in that form than any other.

Same... I like Fennekin but I have a bad feeling that it's final evolution will be butchered like Tepig was. I feel like I'll like Chespin's final evo better, being that I never like the four-legged starters' final evos.

Am I The only one who thinks that Chespin's design resembles the design on Oshawott ??

Not reallty... Every region has a humanoid starter and when they're that small, designs are hard to vary

micklepickle101
01-12-2013, 01:01 AM
Yeah I guess, but I still think that their types will be :
Fennekin- fire/psychic
Chespin- grass/flying
Froakie- water/ice

TerraForming
01-12-2013, 02:17 AM
I'd have to pick Chespin, but since the grass starters are always really weak, excluding Bulbusaur, which was the only first evolution of a starter to be a double type (Fun Fact) I might pick Fennekin, then again, I'm not choosing till their evolutions are shown. I'm definitely getting Y tho, Yveltal looks awesome, Xerneas is meh

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-12-2013, 02:23 AM
Yeah I guess, but I still think that their types will be :
Fennekin- fire/psychic
Chespin- grass/flying
Froakie- water/ice

That'd be interesting... But judging from appearance alone, I'd say Fennekin will remain Fire, Chespin will remain grass, and Froakie will become Water/Poison or Water/Ground (Like most frog Pokemon). The pre-release pics of Fennekin using extrasensory (I'm assuming that's what it is, being that it is a weak-looking attack and is used by a pure fire-type) don't mean it's a psychic type. Maybe dark, actually... huh. Anyways, Gorebyss learns Psychic by level-up so Fennekin may not be psychic.

Chespin is growing on me. I check Serebii everyday and look at the pics xD I will probably stick to my traditional grass-type choice then. It's usually the eyes of grass-types that make the design more appealling O.o

Dhomie
01-13-2013, 03:20 AM
I have to wait for evolutions but right now fennekin is my fav even though i dont like any of them much

The Kiwi Dragon
01-13-2013, 12:06 PM

Then why are you still here? Or are you one of those Gen whiners?

Sccrfreek
01-25-2013, 05:15 PM
As long as the Fennekin doesnt turn into a fire/fighting type I think I would choose it. :P I have chosen a fire type with gen 1-4 but finally broke the mold with Oshawott in Gen 5. I think it would be interesting to see a fire/steel type combination. I cant think of a pokemon with that combination offhand. Maybe I'm missing something though haha.

Cthulhu
01-25-2013, 05:31 PM
I would personally pick froaki. I have something with frogs...

blaziking
01-28-2013, 02:30 AM
As long as the Fennekin doesnt turn into a fire/fighting type I think I would choose it. :P I have chosen a fire type with gen 1-4 but finally broke the mold with Oshawott in Gen 5. I think it would be interesting to see a fire/steel type combination. I cant think of a pokemon with that combination offhand. Maybe I'm missing something though haha.

Heatran? But thats the only one i can think of.
Another one would be cool, maybe a pokemon that came to life from the embers of a furnace but battle wise it would have a 4X weakness to ground. Thats pretty hard to combat with nearly every team having at least one pokemon with earthquake.

xLoverBoyx
01-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Im getting Chespin for sure. No matter what others say! Just look at it. Isn't it awesome? Im definitely choosing Chespin, I love it the same way you guys love Fennekin and/or Froakie... but meh, in the end its my choice :o

Sccrfreek
01-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Another one would be cool, maybe a pokemon that came to life from the embers of a furnace but battle wise it would have a 4X weakness to ground. Thats pretty hard to combat with nearly every team having at least one pokemon with earthquake.

Yep... i knew i was missing one haha. Thats a good point about the weakness, although I feel like in previous generations they have been pretty good about introducing/fixing strategies.

TheErd30
01-28-2013, 11:54 PM
Fennekin for sure. I've been a Fire-starter trainer since Charmander!

Sccrfreek
01-29-2013, 12:29 AM

And one more idea along that line haha... possibly if they made a quicker fire/steel type along with an interesting moveset via leveling up, breeding, or even chain-breeding it might have a little more success in battles.

blaziking
01-29-2013, 02:14 AM
And one more idea along that line haha... possibly if they made a quicker fire/steel type along with an interesting moveset via leveling up, breeding, or even chain-breeding it might have a little more success in battles.

True and in game that might be ok but for random matchup etc it would need to be able to hit hard and fast. And i guess you could get past the ground weakness with Magnet Rise or Air Balloon it could be pretty good with a huge no of resistances.

CammyCoolPants
01-29-2013, 10:44 AM
my average starter that I choose is a water type starter but in gen 3 and 4 my starter is grass and from the looks of it I will be going with a grass starter to even the score or for the first time ever for me i'll choose a fire starter and BTW a fire/steel type has three type weaknesses water, fighting and ground and since the most type weaknesses a pokemon has had is seven thats almost halve the max weakness a pokemon can have so a fire/steel pokemon aint that awesome
P.S. can you figure out which pokemon have seven weaknesses heres a clue ones a legendary

Sniv
01-29-2013, 05:30 PM
my average starter that I choose is a water type starter but in gen 3 and 4 my starter is grass and from the looks of it I will be going with a grass starter to even the score or for the first time ever for me i'll choose a fire starter and BTW a fire/steel type has three type weaknesses water, fighting and ground and since the most type weaknesses a pokemon has had is seven thats almost halve the max weakness a pokemon can have so a fire/steel pokemon aint that awesome
P.S. can you figure out which pokemon have seven weaknesses heres a clue ones a legendary

Its any Grass/Ice type, Psychic/ Grass, type and Psychic/Rock Type Celebi is Grass/Psychic

CammyCoolPants
01-30-2013, 01:43 AM
Its any Grass/Ice type, Psychic/ Grass, type and Psychic/Rock Type Celebi is Grass/Psychic

well done you get a cookie (if have a bag of cookies eat one now if not you don't get a cookie)

Gdsk1120
01-30-2013, 02:26 AM
Same hear fennekin

Sccrfreek
01-30-2013, 06:18 AM

Those three weaknesses are offset by the large number of resistances provided by the steel type though. I think that was feazko's original point.

CammyCoolPants
01-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Those three weaknesses are offset by the large number of resistances provided by the steel type though. I think that was feazko's original point.

fair enough what I want are some more better poison pokemon and a poison legend

Sccrfreek
01-30-2013, 06:57 PM
fair enough what I want are some more better poison pokemon and a poison legend

I feel like the poison type is severely misrepresented. not nearly enough use i feel like... if a starter would develop that type i hope it would be froakie... that seems plausible.

blaziking
01-30-2013, 08:34 PM

It was thanks for clearing it up!!

Tomahawkman
02-01-2013, 03:12 PM
I always had been a water type user. But froakie looks lame, gotta go with chespin.

Asuna
02-02-2013, 10:28 AM
One of my speculations is that in the trailer Chespin uses a dark move, Fennekin uses a psychic move and Froakie uses a fighting move. So that means that Chespin could be Grass/Dark, Fennekin could be Fire/Psychic and Froakie could be Water/Fighting.
I mean if this is true then I will be happy. I'm getting both X and Y so I'll be getting Fennekin on X and Froakie on Y.
(I'm sorry Chespin :[)

EllaJaneBinks
02-03-2013, 01:37 AM
Fennekin is sweet :) Finally a starter that looks like Flareon (IMO) Hopefully this means it'll be super strong! Flareon was a big let down for me, it's highest stat is attack, but it hardly learns any physical moves! Pooey >.> Go Fennekin!

CammyCoolPants
02-03-2013, 02:52 AM
One of my speculations is that in the trailer Chespin uses a dark move, Fennekin uses a psychic move and Froakie uses a fighting move. So that means that Chespin could be Grass/Dark, Fennekin could be Fire/Psychic and Froakie could be Water/Fighting.
I mean if this is true then I will be happy. I'm getting both X and Y so I'll be getting Fennekin on X and Froakie on Y.
(I'm sorry Chespin :[)

I really hope they evolve it those types it would be amazing and I have rethought who I might choose it seams everyone is going to get a fennekin so I will get Chespin and go on the GTS (or whatever they call it in this game) and get one from there I think smart :)

sebasgd
02-03-2013, 05:56 AM
I really hope they evolve it those types it would be amazing and I have rethought who I might choose it seams everyone is going to get a fennekin so I will get Chespin and go on the GTS (or whatever they call it in this game) and get one from there I think smart :)

Thinking about it, it's better to take the least liked starter. In the end, you'll have a Pokemon that almost everyone else needs to finish their Pokedex XD

Grey Fullbuster
02-03-2013, 03:29 PM
I don't know why i choose fenekin but now I prefer chespin he is so cute look at picture http://cheezburger.com/6981079040

Sniv
02-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Don't forget if you get both X and Y you can transfer 2 of the starters to one game and play with all 3 so you my not have to chose.

Sniv
02-05-2013, 07:36 AM
And don't forget a lot of people on pokebay will trade you the starts for very little.

faroegirl
03-17-2013, 10:29 PM
I've always picked fire pokemon (not including gen IV, because I dodn't like chimcar that much), so I'll defiantly pick fennekin >.<