PDA

View Full Version : will you buy Pokemon X or Y

CammyCoolPants
01-14-2013, 04:19 AM
I'm curious about who is and who isn't buying Pokemon X or Y so please post your thoughts on the game and if you will buy it

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-14-2013, 04:37 AM
It's 6th gen! Everyone is gonna move to 6th gen rather quickly and eventually 5th gen will become more deserted than 4th gen is already. Plus, why would you just stop Pokemoning already just because the Pokemon are not visually appealling

sebasgd
01-14-2013, 05:42 AM
Actually, is the only gen that has caught my attention, since the launch of the 4th gen. I never have liked 5th gen and now that I know that 6th gen is coming, I'm just going to skip 5th gen.

DejaVu146
01-14-2013, 05:43 AM
I'm sure just about everyone will, even when they now say they won't. That's how 5th gen was and now look at it.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-14-2013, 05:50 AM
I'm sure just about everyone will, even when they now say they won't. That's how 5th gen was and now look at it.

Exactly. People are just gonna buy it because it's new and even if they won't admit it, they enjoy the games in the end.

CammyCoolPants
01-14-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm very excited about it finally a reason to have my 3DS except for resident evil revelations that is

Kurosaki Ichigo
01-14-2013, 10:55 AM
I'll be getting one of them

blaziking
01-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Ill get one of them but as to the question of which i guess ill have to wait and see what the differences are.

Itachi
01-19-2013, 07:54 AM
I like the fire starter but I don't like the graphic and the way the game play works..

Voltaradragoness
01-19-2013, 08:41 AM
i'm getting X

Tomahawkman
02-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Will be curious how pokemon games work in "3D".

SantiDC4
02-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Well, as QZ said, the graphics bad, it looks too, blocky and outlined. As for animations it's good so far, sound, I don't know... The new Pokemon is what throws me off, since I completely dislike the starters. I hope we don't have 800+ Pokemon announced by the time of its release date. >_>

CammyCoolPants
02-02-2013, 02:56 AM
wow three people aren't getting it well they will just have to miss out on its awesomeness to think that pokemon is (pardon my pun) evolving and three people are stuck in their old ways and refuse to accept what may be a step up for pokemon such a shame

SantiDC4
02-02-2013, 03:00 AM
wow three people aren't getting it well they will just have to miss out on its awesomeness to think that pokemon is (pardon my pun) evolving and three people are stuck in their old ways and refuse to accept what may be a step up for pokemon such a shame

Not really, I just don't like the way it looks. :p

Gdsk1120
02-02-2013, 04:11 AM
Yeah I'm buying it pokemon games are my stress reliever.

The Kiwi Dragon
02-02-2013, 04:44 AM

Harsh much?

Asuna
02-02-2013, 11:21 AM
I can't wait to know the differences between X and Y. So far all we know is that Xerneas and Yveltal are the only game differences. But think about past games. There has been a flying type near the start of the Pokedex since Gen 1 (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Tailow, Starly, Pidove, ?) Also there has been the Pokemon just before the legends who are usually dragon types (Dratini, Larvitar, Bagon, Gible, Deino, ?) So these are just my speculations. I looked on this pokedex website and they think around 100 new Pokemon will be available.

CammyCoolPants
02-03-2013, 04:17 AM
Harsh much?

yes I know I went a bit crazy and I'm sorry if I offended someone

CammyCoolPants
02-03-2013, 04:24 AM
I can't wait to know the differences between X and Y. So far all we know is that Xerneas and Yveltal are the only game differences. But think about past games. There has been a flying type near the start of the Pokedex since Gen 1 (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Tailow, Starly, Pidove, ?) Also there has been the Pokemon just before the legends who are usually dragon types (Dratini, Larvitar, Bagon, Gible, Deino, ?) So these are just my speculations. I looked on this pokedex website and they think around 100 new Pokemon will be available.

very true there has always been a pattern in the pokedex I was disappointed by early bird poke pidove hope gen 6 has a better one

thefnbeast
02-05-2013, 12:48 AM
getting both i cant wait....well i have too BUT OCT IS SO FAR AWAY!

Blue Mochi
02-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Haha I would like to know whether there's going to be Z, like Pokémon Platinum :)
So I'm just going to wait for now.

Asuna
02-07-2013, 06:55 PM
I've decided to buy both X and Y as I really love Xerneas and Yveltal!

The Kiwi Dragon
02-08-2013, 09:15 AM
I'm still unconfirmed as to if I'll be joining 6th Gen.
I'm not sure if I will have time to play Pokemon with a crap ton of assessments this year for NCEA Level 1... And I've gotta work dang hard at this. So it's neither a yes or no for now...

EllaJaneBinks
02-14-2013, 10:56 AM

I wonder if they know that the world is round? Not flat :P

I'm still unconfirmed as to if I'll be joining 6th Gen.
I'm not sure if I will have time to play Pokemon with a crap ton of assessments this year for NCEA Level 1... And I've gotta work dang hard at this. So it's neither a yes or no for now...

I have time to work full time in the Australian Air Force and play Pokemon :P I will never stop!!!!

Fazbear_Ent.©
02-14-2013, 07:57 PM
I already pre-ordered Pokémon Y at my local Gamestop. My bf is getting Pokémon X version ^^

Caseryn
03-12-2013, 11:13 PM
I don't have a 3ds....

keyblade
03-13-2013, 01:39 AM
why cant japan make a pokemon game that you go too all the regions in one game like heartgold/soulsiver goes has johto and kanto

UltraSound
03-13-2013, 04:16 PM
I dun have a 3DS, but I have a derp load of months to earn money to get one :D Or, since my birthday is in october, I can ask for one for my birthday, and then buy the X or Y version myself. Or the other way around. But yes, I'm definetely getting it, I can't wait! It looks like they put a little bit more effort in to this gen pokes. I really hope they learned from their mistakes they did in the 5th gen.

CammyCoolPants
03-14-2013, 11:46 AM
why cant japan make a pokemon game that you go too all the regions in one game like heartgold/soulsiver goes has johto and kanto

Wow you don't ask for much do you (sarcasm) that would be a massive task not only to do but to make it to the standard that Pokemon has made for its self plus add the fact that Pokemon fans can be soo harsh sometimes that it might be to much of a risk to do although if they did it for the Wii U it would boost their sales massively after all except for Japan hardly anyone bought a 3ds but since Pokemon x and y was announced its been super popular purchase in my school at least so in short I doubt it but if it happend it would be for the Wii U

The Kiwi Dragon
03-14-2013, 11:53 AM
Wow you don't ask for much do you (sarcasm) that would be a massive task not only to do but to make it to the standard that Pokemon has made for its self plus add the fact that Pokemon fans can be soo harsh sometimes that it might be to much of a risk to do although if they did it for the Wii U it would boost their sales massively after all except for Japan hardly anyone bought a 3ds but since Pokemon x and y was announced its been super popular purchase in my school at least so in short I doubt it but if it happend it would be for the Wii U

Everytime you add (Sarcasm) it just makes the point that was good now terrible, because it was blatently obvious you were being sarcastic. As for what Keyblade said, people can dream you know... We're allowed to after all.

paulix
03-15-2013, 09:29 AM
Hell yeah!

kakari
03-18-2013, 01:58 AM
I'll buy it even this they will proboly make a new and even flashyer version I end up buying too (pokemon Z)

Zrkome
05-06-2013, 10:25 AM
I'm definitely getting pokemon X/Y, it depends which game you get Yvelta in, because it might be like pkm black and white, you get the OPPOSITE pokemon. I just love the art on Yvelta and with some internet surfing, I found out that there is some science behind Yvelta and Xerneas, that proves it's based on genetic engineering again like mewtwo possibly...

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/60943/t1851607-pok-mon-based-upon-genetic-engineering/

Zrkome
05-06-2013, 10:35 AM
I was disappointed by early bird poke pidove hope gen 6 has a better one
I agree with this, pretty much ALL the flying type pokemon are really, well, underpowered. I had to trade pokemon for a decent flying type (like togepi's later evolution, starly, etc.).

reshilegend
05-07-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm definitely getting pokemon X/Y, it depends which game you get Yvelta in, because it might be like pkm black and white, you get the OPPOSITE pokemon.

Definitely in Y, the only reason why Reshiram and Zekrom were in the opposite games is because of the yin-yang relation of these 2. But they were on the cover of the respective games so I don't know why people got so confused lol.

Kamina
06-22-2013, 11:48 PM
YES im definately getting it
I have not been more excited for a new generation since moving from gen 1 to gen 2
Gen 5 to me was a let down not sure exactly why but i didn't have as much fun as i did from previous generations probably since not much was added to it from gen 4 except hidden abilities
Gen 6 looks like its going to add a lot more features like having more than 1 rivel/ being able to ride on your pokemon, skybattles and a new type to mess around with and thats just the tip of the iceberg since more information is likely to be leaked.

LinuxUser
06-23-2013, 04:38 AM
I don't like how It looks but it's pokemon I would buy it but I would have to have a 3ds.