PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER ALERT: New Eeveelution

Exflar
02-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Recent information has leaked from next month's CoroCoro Magazine issue. The cover featured a silhouette of a new Generation VI pokemon. Within the magazine, it is revealed that Ninfia (ニンフィア) is the silhouetted pokemon. Ninfia is confirmed to evolve from Eevee; type and method of evolution are currently withheld.

What type do you think it is? How will it evolve? Let the speculation begin!

http://www.serebii.net/corocoro2130.jpg
http://www.serebii.net/ninfiath.jpg

Edit: New information has surfaced, Ninfia's English name is revealed to be SYLVEON.

DejaVu146
02-12-2013, 08:47 AM
I promoted this to a News Article. Speculation can go on there as well

blaziking
02-12-2013, 10:18 AM
By it's name i would guess it's either Poison or Fighting but it doesn't really look like either maybe it looks more like a normal type.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Imo it looks much like a Normal, Ghost, or Bug-Type to me. It's name makes me lean more towards Bug, however I wouldn't be surprised if it was Fighting.

DejaVu146
02-12-2013, 11:23 PM
I'm going with what The Lone Renegade said, flying

carcinoGeneticist
02-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Silhoutte looks like a bug type to me.

The non-silhouette picture looks..
What THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING POKEMON?!

It looks normal and something that I would NOT have on my team.

musicdude1815
02-12-2013, 11:53 PM
It looks Milotic-ish to me. Especially the ear color.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-13-2013, 01:56 AM
It also reminds me of Milotic, but at the same time it also has some resemblances to Skitty, Victini (just only see the face), and Happiny. The colors remind me of Milotic, the overall design makes me think of Skitty, the face is literally Victini with bunny ears, and the bow makes me think of Happiny.

The Kiwi Dragon
02-13-2013, 11:51 AM
It also reminds me of Milotic, but at the same time it also has some resemblances to Skitty, Victini (just only see the face), and Happiny. The colors remind me of Milotic, the overall design makes me think of Skitty, the face is literally Victini with bunny ears, and the bow makes me think of Happiny.

Pretty much... I wouldn't mind seeing how it fares in battle soon!

The Kiwi Dragon
02-13-2013, 11:57 AM
I do wonder if it'll just be one new Eeveelution... Usually when new ones have been released, they've been in pairs... (Espeon and Umbreon, and Leafeon and Glaceon.) So I personally hope there will be a ninth Eeveelution as well as Ninfea being the eighth...

EllaJaneBinks
02-13-2013, 01:46 PM
I think it looks adorable :) I just hope it's strong because I want to see more cute, powerful Pokemon that are actually usable. I don't actually think it looks that much like an Eeveelution.
It looks like the normal type - but seeing as they already have a Normal type Eevee, perhaps they'll introduce a whole other Pokemon type?
If not then maybe a second Normal Evo that carries on from the base Eevee, if that's possible..
Here's to fingers crossed!

P.s I think people should stop hating on the new Pokemon that come out.. why all the hate guys, I thought we all loved this game? The Gen 5 Pokemon are actually quite charming and witty if you take the time to see it and keep an open mind, other than trying to be such tough critiques. Remember, there's only so much a person can do with all the animals and objects we have in this world, if they tried any harder we'd get Pokemon that look like Digimon or Transformers or something. So I say be happy with what we've got and what we'll get! Let's all just enjoy!

Voltaradragoness
02-13-2013, 04:30 PM
I don't care what type it is. Its an eeveelution and it's going on my team.

DejaVu146
02-13-2013, 06:04 PM
I've heard rumors for a while (I think ever since 3rd Gen) of a possible "Light" type, so you would have Light & Dark. If this does come true in this Generation, I can it being revealed this early to possibly announce a new type. It makes sense, the weight, color, etc and that would make sense as to why they are keeping it a mystery.

CammyCoolPants
02-13-2013, 10:44 PM
well I done some investigation into our new little friend and come up with only one little tiny fact the fact is that it can use swift in some of the pictures you can clearly see stars all around it then in the next picture it sending it towards a pokemon (which is out of camera) so whether this means its a normal type or not I cant confirm but does seam more likely to me

EllaJaneBinks
02-14-2013, 12:28 AM
I'd love a new Pokemon type such as Light. It might throw things off balance a little bit but it makes sense to me and would bring something really different to the game!

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-14-2013, 02:23 AM
I've heard rumors for a while (I think ever since 3rd Gen) of a possible "Light" type, so you would have Light & Dark. If this does come true in this Generation, I can it being revealed this early to possibly announce a new type. It makes sense, the weight, color, etc and that would make sense as to why they are keeping it a mystery.

But "Light" would be Psychic. I mean, it's possible I guess, but I seriously doubt it. They added two new types during generation 2 (Steel and Dark), and that just made no sense in my opinion... Why would Dark be weak to Bug and Fighting? I never understood that. I would like a Light-Type, but I feel like that would be too much for Nintendo. They'd need to create an entire set of new moves of this type, not to mention review old Pokemon and see if they'll have this type, etc.

The Kiwi Dragon
02-14-2013, 03:47 AM
Fighting is like having Bruce Lee kick Voldemort in the face.
Bugs just eat away at the darkness!

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-14-2013, 03:51 AM
Fighting is like having Bruce Lee kick Voldemort in the face.
Bugs just eat away at the darkness!

But honestly Dark should resist Fighting, and Fighting should be neutral to Dark, because you wan't fight in the dark unless you have like Psychic powers of some sort... Thus, Psychic should also be powerful to Dark, yet it somehow doesn't even affect it. I bet they made Bug powerful to it just because Bugs had no power virtually in Gen 1.

Exflar
02-14-2013, 04:54 AM
But "Light" would be Psychic. I mean, it's possible I guess, but I seriously doubt it. They added two new types during generation 2 (Steel and Dark), and that just made no sense in my opinion... Why would Dark be weak to Bug and Fighting? I never understood that. I would like a Light-Type, but I feel like that would be too much for Nintendo. They'd need to create an entire set of new moves of this type, not to mention review old Pokemon and see if they'll have this type, etc.

When the franchise first introduced Dark Type, the Japanese あくタイプ did not have a direct transliteration for the phrase. Some translate あくタイプ to mean "evil" when in context, あくタイプ would more accurately mean "trickery" or "dirty fighting". This is why Fighting Type has an advantage, it's noble and fair fighting rather than cheating and trickery.

When taken in a literal sense, insects and other bug species are predominantly nocturnal. Many compound eyes are equipped for seeing in minimal light or total darkness. Being able to operate, regardless of light or dark, bugs have the advantage.

Hope that helped :)

CammyCoolPants
02-14-2013, 07:33 AM
When the franchise first introduced Dark Type, the Japanese あくタイプ did not have a direct transliteration for the phrase. Some translate あくタイプ to mean "evil" when in context, あくタイプ would more accurately mean "trickery" or "dirty fighting". This is why Fighting Type has an advantage, it's noble and fair fighting rather than cheating and trickery.

When taken in a literal sense, insects and other bug species are predominantly nocturnal. Many compound eyes are equipped for seeing in minimal light or total darkness. Being able to operate, regardless of light or dark, bugs have the advantage.

Hope that helped :)

wow it just got real in here a very good argument as to why fighting and bug are effective against dark I tip my hat to you

Sniv
02-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Sylveon is its english name. I think its a flying or dargon type, but Im pretty sure its flying

keyblade
02-14-2013, 11:22 PM
we wont now untill the game come out.

Sniv
02-15-2013, 12:07 AM
I'm sure we'll know be for that.

WaterDeity
02-15-2013, 01:44 AM
I think it's flying.

Asuna
02-15-2013, 09:01 AM
I want Sylveon to be flying or fighting... Although I wouldn't mind a groud type Eeveelution.
imo ground types have not been so great. except Golett and Golurk.

Asuna
02-15-2013, 09:42 AM
By looking at the trailer and reading other peoples ideas... I have a feeling it's either Ghost or Normal.
If it's Ghost, I will so be getting one of these! Although it will have to live up to past awesome Ghost types (imo Gengar, Froslass, Golurk and Chandelure)
Even if it is Normal, I will still be getting one of these cos it's so adorable :3

CammyCoolPants
02-15-2013, 09:50 AM
the thing is its just soooooooo CUTE :D I just want to hug it and groom it and do other things that you do to cute things IMO its one of the best looking eeveelutions let what I want to know is what it looks like when its shiny it has a hard job to beat a shiny umbreon or a vaporeon

the pokechamp 1
02-15-2013, 08:05 PM
i bet its a steel type

Tomahawkman
02-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Wow, more Eevee evolution types please haha

the pokechamp 1
02-16-2013, 10:00 AM
i think its steel

Exflar
02-16-2013, 05:10 PM
Let's look at some facts that support Sylveon's typing.

Firstly, the name. Sylv- can be interpreted as a Latin root word for wood or forest. Since Leafeon already occupies the grass type, we can rule that rationale out. Sylv- can also be taken as a corruption of the word SYLPH. Sylph (or Silph) is a Greek mythos creature that embodies the element of air. Hence, flying type.

Next let's take a gander at Sylveon's design. Most people would have guessed Eevee's flying type evolution to have some sort of wings, however, there are many pokemon capable of flight or granted flying type status without wings.As a quadrupedal ungulate pokemon, we have only seen one other 4-legged flying type, Shaymin not including Arceus with Fly Plate, which seems to fly a lot like Santa's reindeer. Traditional westert kites are often adorned with ribbons and bows to stabilize flight. Sylveon's kite-like ribbons and bows also hint at flying type.

TL;DR Sylphs (as in SYLVeon) are mythological creatures of air; The bows and ribbons are like a kite's.

EDIT: Sylveon is also the lightest of all of the Eeveelutions. Just another bit of evidence to support this hypothesis.

Voltaradragoness
02-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Light. Flying. Or dragon. That would make my day.

GaryEhffinJoaker
02-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Let's look at some facts that support Sylveon's typing.

Firstly, the name. Sylv- can be interpreted as a Latin root word for wood or forest. Since Leafeon already occupies the grass type, we can rule that rationale out. Sylv- can also be taken as a corruption of the word SYLPH. Sylph (or Silph) is a Greek mythos creature that embodies the element of air. Hence, flying type.

Next let's take a gander at Sylveon's design. Most people would have guessed Eevee's flying type evolution to have some sort of wings, however, there are many pokemon capable of flight or granted flying type status without wings.As a quadrupedal ungulate pokemon, we have only seen one other 4-legged flying type, Shaymin not including Arceus with Fly Plate, which seems to fly a lot like Santa's reindeer. Traditional westert kites are often adorned with ribbons and bows to stabilize flight. Sylveon's kite-like ribbons and bows also hint at flying type.

TL;DR Sylphs (as in SYLVeon) are mythological creatures of air; The bows and ribbons are like a kite's.

EDIT: Sylveon is also the lightest of all of the Eeveelutions. Just another bit of evidence to support this hypothesis.

All that evidence goes with a Ghost type, too... The lightest eeveelution, the possessed eyes, the pale body, a Slyph is a spirit, not secluded to a flying type and as a spirit, further supports it being a Ghost type.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-18-2013, 11:56 PM
Exflar... a Sylph is from Western mythology; the Greeks had nothing to do with it. And it is a spirit, not a creature. If it was a creature I'd support this, but it's a spirit. That points towards Ghost... And as most Ghost-Types, it has large and mysterious eyes (some ghosts have small and almost unseeable eyes as well). It is also pale as mentioned by Gary. Not only that, but the ribbons flow outward in it's animation; if it was a Flying-Type why would they not flow in one direction with the wind currents?