PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] Tough Love For Gen 5

EllaJaneBinks
02-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Hey Everyone.

So I haven't posted here in a while, and haven't really been on here very much lately at all, but in light of a new Pokemon game coming out this year I thought I'd try and post an uplifting message to try and hopefully change the attitudes of those people out there who want to judge and harshly critique the new Pokemon of today. Yes, I am speaking about those Gen 5 Pokemon that most people have been so hard on.

I seem to be finding it hard to understand people out there who think they have the right to judge the creators at Game-Freak based on the Pokemon they are bringing out. I see a lot of comments on this website commenting on the crappiness of the Pokemon and comments where people are bragging about how they could create their own better Pokemon and it frustrates me that there seems to be a lot of Pokemon hate going on!

Admit it, a lot of people out there who like to crab on Pokemon and how poorly created they are, are mainly people with big ego's who think they could do a better job than the amazing developers at the Pokemon company.
But is this really true?

In my own opinion, I find the Gen 5 Pokemon to be fantastic, and I think people need to ease up a little. People are saying - "Trubbish? Really? That's just Rubbish mixed with another word. How original is that?'
Well I hate to brake it to those people, but back in Gen 1 we had Pokemon that were simply snakes that were based on snakes, cats that were based on cats and turtles that were based on turtles. I could use the same arguement against them, really.

Uhm, Meowth for a cat? How original is that?
Ekans. Wait, isn't that just snake spelt backwards?
Growlithe? Ha Ha, growl, like a dog, get it?

I hope you guys can see where I'm going with this. We all need to lighten up, okay!

With myself being such a hard critique of almost everything around me, it really means something for me to come out and tell everyone else that maybe we need to put a bit more faith and praise towards the one's who deserve it. After all, if the Pokemon are so bad, why are we buying and playing the games? Why have we dedicated a whole website to them?

I'm sorry if this post has offended! I just think we need to show a bit more love to the people who handed Pokemon to us in the first place.

So what if they make a Pokemon based on a trash bag, or a vanilla ice cream?
So what if it's not any more original than a turtle, or a dragon?

Like it's been pointed out to me by some of the more positive members on here - this game is kind of aimed at kids, so why are there such high expectations from us all.

Imagine how hard it would be to bust your butt off trying to create ANOTHER Pokemon game? I'm sure it's no easy feat.

So for all you people out there who have a negative attitude towards this new Pokemon game, how about you show some sportsmanship and try to be a little less negative about the new Gens. The Pokemon are great, I think we all know it, but of course there will always be a part of humans that like to critisize and belitte others' ideas and creations! We need to do our best to keep those sides of us at bay so that we can really just sit back, relax and enjoy the magic that is Pokemon!

I'm sure it would all end up better for our health after all..

By guys!

carcinoGeneticist
02-13-2013, 09:56 PM
(*・∀・)/\(・∀・*)

This thread.

CammyCoolPants
02-13-2013, 11:27 PM
I never really cared that much about whether the pokemon were original or not in fact untill I join the world of pokebay I never even considered it but I still don't care just think your making a massively popular game so popular that its in nintendos' top three franchises along with zelda and mario and its got a fan base so harsh and loving at the same time that its amazing that they haven't gone crazy because of the pressure I mean most people here were at the least pissed off when they announced that 6 gen was only for 3DS well I think it was a smart move for pokemon everyone here knows that although they might not a hole HEAP of people are going to buy a 3DS now and when you think how the 3DS sales were and how the Wii U sale are they needed something that will get people buying and since they already tried both mario twice and zelda they looked to pokemon my point is (along with EllaJaneBinks7s' point) is to stop being so harsh and negative to pokemon in fact all of you hug a trubbish right now and a bidoof too

EllaJaneBinks
02-14-2013, 01:14 AM
Well said, CammyCoolPants, it's true. It's the way Nintendo will push for the 3DS to be sold, which is a pretty great console, albeit a little bulky... It's just the way things work, not a lot of things stay old forever and like all technology, things will have to move forward.
I don't know why people would be so against Gen 6 for the 3DS, it makes perfect sense and I think it will be a blast to play.

I just don't get how so many people can rag on the new Pokemon that come out! As soon as Gen 5 came out I was ecstatic and in love with the Pokemon! There are so many great ones there! I'm dieing to see what the new Pokemon look like :3

People who will refuse to buy the 3DS because it seems to offend them so much remind me of those old folke who completely neglect to admit that the world is round, not flat... The 3DS isn't just for Pokemon, it's a great console, with great new fancy features. It's something to enjoy :)

GaryEhffinJoaker
02-14-2013, 02:33 AM
I ain't a gen whiner or whatever these terms are these days, but personally I find many of the older gen pokemon, although yes, there were some horrid names and designs from as far back as gen 1, to be far better and more original than certain of the older gen pokemon. I still see fresh inspiration in an Arbok or a Meowth than I do in an Emboar or a Vanilluxe. I don't think everyone can possibly love EVERY Pokemon in existence. But hating an entire gen for five pokemon (Trubbish, Garboder, Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe) is just plain ridiculous. It all boils down to opinion really, but every gen had it's flaws and gen 6 will be no different. Already Gen 6 is being hated on when only six pokemon have been spotted. There is a difference between having the right to a differing opinion and just plain pushing an opinion on others and/or just plain hating.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-14-2013, 05:02 AM
I like designs of most Johto Pokemon best. That will probably never change; it was in between advanced sprites and advanced ideas and it had the most unique Pokemon. Unova had some good Pokemon too; I never criticized. The names were also really clever!

EllaJaneBinks
02-14-2013, 10:20 AM
You're all right, all the Gen's had great Pokemon and some not so good. But then again something you hate might be something someone else loves. I mean, the Gen 5 Pokemon, I don't know if people realise but GameFreak really put a lot of detail and imagination into the sprites and they all look great and complicated, even the Trubbish and Vanillite. They look real anime and cool :) I think all the Pokemon that have been unveiled for Gen 6 thus far look great :) Especially that majestic deer looking legendary. You can see the detail and creativity that's gone into making that Pokemon look beautiful. Not to mention that all the Pokemon that most seem to hate actually are quite strong. You'll find that Gabordor actually has good stats and those annoying attacks that make it a pain to battle, but when on you're team it's kind of like using a Crobat, or a Muk, which are great Pokemon to use. People just shouldn't hate them! It's such a nasty horrible thing!

The Kiwi Dragon
02-14-2013, 10:25 AM
It was Johto I agree that gave us better designs... Tyranitar, Mantine, Noctowl, Feraligatr, and my personal favorite... Crobat!

EllaJaneBinks
02-14-2013, 10:28 AM
I like designs of most Johto Pokemon best. That will probably never change; it was in between advanced sprites and advanced ideas and it had the most unique Pokemon. Unova had some good Pokemon too; I never criticized. The names were also really clever!

Reuniclus was my favourite out of them all! I love biology in school so that Pokemon is just great in my opinion!

EllaJaneBinks
02-14-2013, 10:29 AM
It was Johto I agree that gave us better designs... Tyranitar, Mantine, Noctowl, Feraligatr, and my personal favorite... Crobat!

We all know you love the good old Crobat Nick :P !! Lol

The Kiwi Dragon
02-14-2013, 10:32 AM
We all know you love the good old Crobat Nick :P !! Lol

I gotta love it. It's come a long way from Golbat looking too much like Zubat... Plus it's very appropriate to get it in pink and female... My 'Femme Fatale'! :)

EllaJaneBinks
02-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Haha oddly enough I really didn't like Golbat's design. It was a bit silly and scary... Crobat is sleek and groovy though, and Zubat was sorta cute :) Just stop running into me already, Zubat!!!!

GaryEhffinJoaker
02-14-2013, 05:42 PM
Samurrot's design was very unique. One of my faves. And Reuniclus is my favorite non legendary Pokemon from gen 5 and 4th fave Pokemon of the psychic variety.

SmokinMunkee
02-14-2013, 08:10 PM
I loved the 1st Gen Pokemon.
We have to remember that when Red and Blue came out, they didn't have to try to hard with the names or designs as, fundamentally, they were creating something completely new.
We can also point out how lazy they were (Ekans, Growlith etc) but some are pretty well thought about ('Rai' means thunder in Japanese i think, so Raichu works brilliantly)
Even the sprite designs hold water, Gengar for example is timeless, it looks exactly as it should and i think if anyone was to try and redesign him, they would have a hard time!

I think that Pokemon is Evolving. Yes, i see the pun and it was intended.
Evolution is core in Pokemon and to say that the evolution of the game is a bad thing is very small minded.

We should all appreciate the time and effort that developers put into making Pokemon the gaming Juggernaut it is.

It brought us all here didn't it?

blaziking
02-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Good point well said, there is way to many gen whiners around for my liking.

EllaJaneBinks
02-22-2013, 12:46 AM
Good point well said, there is way to many gen whiners around for my liking.

Exactly :( All the Pokemon hate and critisism kinda makes me want to stray away from these websites because I'm quick to anger :P Which sucks because I adore Pokebay <3