PDA

View Full Version : Criticizing 6th Generation

SantiDC4
02-14-2013, 12:46 AM
I know I'm going to drown in hate replies, but oh well. Here, I've thought about some reasons why I dislike Pokemon X version and Y version, (the name speaks for itself) explaining them as well. Let's carry on, shall we?
As you all know, the games will be released for the Nintendo 3DS, which is actually an achievement for Game Freak. The 3DS's game library has little, to no good titles, with the exception of Fire Emblem Awakening, MGS3: Snake Eater, and others. So this is a positive view on the games, but is it really worth to see them in actual 3D? I'll get there in a moment. Um, well that question depends on the game's quality, which is not very good in this case. The outlining in the game is bad, as always, but that's understandable, since this would be the first time they work with a 3D engine, rather than a 2D, 3D wannabe. Now, as for the battles, and Pokemon, it looks good so far, the animations aren't bad. Obviously, I dislike all the new Pokemon there are, which is why I'm hoping that there's a, transfer option, early in the game... NEXT!
The thing that catches my eye a lot, in a negative way, is the character models. They look so... So... Terrible! I mean, why?! I know the game is supposed to be aimed at an audience of ages 9-14, but still, ew. If we go back to Black 2 and White 2, we'd see that it wasn't as, kid friendly, as the first generation games. The story line and the characters looked a bit more, mature. So I'm guessing they just dumbed it down for X and Y. Also, they look more simple, and badly outlined. But that's just me.
I know you all love Fennekin, but just watch it evolve into something ugly. Anyways, to summarize it all up, I don't like it. Sure, it's something new, and that's all I ever wanted, but not like this. Maybe we would've been better off with a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remake. Meh, you decide, I'm only getting either X or Y because my girlfriend is getting it, so yeah. You can expect me to release any 6th Gen Pokemon I get. Let the hate begin! :cool:

GaryEhffinJoaker
02-14-2013, 01:19 AM
The game isn't even out yet my gosh... .___. How can you even... And in the end you're STILL gonna buy it... Comments like these. smh... Wow. Enough said.

SantiDC4
02-14-2013, 01:29 AM
Hehe, well, while you're sitting there shaking your head, I'm here laughing. I know it's not out yet, but that doesn't mean I can't criticize it. Besides, I'm only getting it for my girlfriend, I never said I would enjoy it. I said I would get hated on so meh.

Voltaradragoness
02-14-2013, 02:22 AM
I hate the water starter. There I said it.

SantiDC4
02-14-2013, 02:31 AM
I hate the water starter. There I said it.

Almost everyone does. XD. But it probably evolves into something better-looking. ;D

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-14-2013, 02:32 AM
I know I'm going to drown in hate replies, but oh well. Here, I've thought about some reasons why I dislike Pokemon X version and Y version, (the name speaks for itself) explaining them as well. Let's carry on, shall we?
As you all know, the games will be released for the Nintendo 3DS, which is actually an achievement for Game Freak. The 3DS's game library has little, to no good titles, with the exception of Fire Emblem Awakening, MGS3: Snake Eater, and others. So this is a positive view on the games, but is it really worth to see them in actual 3D? I'll get there in a moment. Um, well that question depends on the game's quality, which is not very good in this case. The outlining in the game is bad, as always, but that's understandable, since this would be the first time they work with a 3D engine, rather than a 2D, 3D wannabe. Now, as for the battles, and Pokemon, it looks good so far, the animations aren't bad. Obviously, I dislike all the new Pokemon there are, which is why I'm hoping that there's a, transfer option, early in the game... NEXT!
The thing that catches my eye a lot, in a negative way, is the character models. They look so... So... Terrible! I mean, why?! I know the game is supposed to be aimed at an audience of ages 9-14, but still, ew. If we go back to Black 2 and White 2, we'd see that it wasn't as, kid friendly, as the first generation games. The story line and the characters looked a bit more, mature. So I'm guessing they just dumbed it down for X and Y. Also, they look more simple, and badly outlined. But that's just me.
I know you all love Fennekin, but just watch it evolve into something ugly. Anyways, to summarize it all up, I don't like it. Sure, it's something new, and that's all I ever wanted, but not like this. Maybe we would've been better off with a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remake. Meh, you decide, I'm only getting either X or Y because my girlfriend is getting it, so yeah. You can expect me to release any 6th Gen Pokemon I get. Let the hate begin! :cool:

Alright, it seems like most of your complaints were towards the graphics. First of all, the way a sprite appears flat is much different than the way it will appear in 3D. You may think Yanmega looks cool now, but on 3DS you may realize it's not as appealing as you thought. They can't create textures on a 3D model so it will look very different. And the game footage there isn't final; Nintendo claims that they are still in the Beta-Testing stage, which always happens before they improve graphics and quality. It clearly passed the Beta Test and is moving into redesign of overworld, but it's not done. Don't judge it yet until they say the footage is final. And the character models are not awkwardly bigger than normal; they have always been that height. It looks different because now you have a more acute camera angle, allowing you to see the player's true stature. Remember that old games are looking at the player from almost right over it's head. Now it won't be. It's also looking more like other RPGs, so maybe it'll be integrated into the world of other RPGs.

SantiDC4
02-14-2013, 02:38 AM
It looks different because now you have a more acute camera angle, allowing you to see the player's true stature. Remember that old games are looking at the player from almost right over it's head.

I wasn't referring to over-world sprites, but I see your point. Even when it comes out, I'll find something to hate on, if that's what you want to call it. Oh, and, I specified the graphics because I was lazy at the moment, and didn't feel like writing. :b

Voltaradragoness
02-14-2013, 02:44 AM
The only thing I had to complain about was that stupid frog. :/

The Kiwi Dragon
02-14-2013, 03:45 AM
Meh... No real hate replies yet brother so don't worry about em!

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-14-2013, 03:47 AM
Meh... No real hate replies yet brother so don't worry about em!

I think the fact that he acknowledged that he might get hate replies kind of negates the want to post hate replies.

CammyCoolPants
02-14-2013, 07:56 AM
I think the fact that he acknowledged that he might get hate replies kind of negates the want to post hate replies.

My word Delta Snake I think you found the lost ark of the covenant of hate posts. The ability to have a hate thread yet no one will post angry messages back, the genius.

The Kiwi Dragon
02-14-2013, 09:18 AM
My word Delta Snake I think you found the lost ark of the covenant of hate posts. The ability to have a hate thread yet no one will post angry messages back, the genius.

Bring on the ironic sarcasm... >.>

EllaJaneBinks
02-14-2013, 09:52 AM
Although I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate anything in Gen 6 because I think the Pokemon look good so far, I completely understand where you come from when you talk about the bad graphics and game-play and such. I just think you've made it harsher than it needs to be. I also think that they are moving a bit slow on purpose, what with only just bringing Pokemon out of their 2D-3D world. I'm still waiting for the day when Pokemon will go from strange Wii looking bobble heads to a hardcore Xbox graphic makeover with fully animated battle scenes and character customisation, although I doubt that will ever happen.. All in all though I think they've done a good job, because trying something like this must be a big step for them. They probably just wanted to keep it original, always having the same story-plotline and the same type of Pokemon.

Tyrantking6
02-14-2013, 10:00 AM
I think that for one we ALL hate that dang frog failure I mean if you want a cool frog go catch yourself a croagunk :/. 2 chespin looks like he is gonna turn into something either really BA or really derpy at final stage and 3. the chance of a new type of pokemon excites me (speaking of xerneas possibly being a new type).

SantiDC4
02-14-2013, 02:40 PM
It's all according to plan...

blaziking
02-14-2013, 04:52 PM
The people who get hate for being negative are those who have no real points to back up there negativity. It's mostly 'ugg gen 6 sucks, i hate all the gen 6 pokemon' You on the other hand have a reason to dislike it but id wait until the game actually comes out before judging it. B/W received so much negativity before they came out and then everyone loved them. Just give it a chance. Also there are some games that are really good for the 3ds i have Zelda and Tekken and they are awesome.

SantiDC4
02-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Also there are some games that are really good for the 3ds i have Zelda and Tekken and they are awesome.

Yes, I never said all 3DS games were bad, but honestly, most aren't that great. Hehe, Tekken 3D: Prime Edition was amazing. :p

CammyCoolPants
02-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Yes, I never said all 3DS games were bad, but honestly, most aren't that great. Hehe, Tekken 3D: Prime Edition was amazing. :p

really I saw that is the store but thought nothing of it because I thought it would be a badly converted game might look that up

blaziking
02-15-2013, 10:34 AM

In know i was just trying to give some love for the 3ds!!=] And yeah Tekken Yeah

Sccrfreek
03-02-2013, 01:19 AM
It kind of seems like obvious troll is being obvious. I get that you are stating your opinion and thats cool but maybe flesh it out a little more. For instance, your criticism on the library of 3ds games. How did you not mention both Zelda AND Mario Kart? Idk... I get you being cautious but I think its a little too early to be THAT negative.

SantiDC4
03-02-2013, 06:38 PM
It kind of seems like obvious troll is being obvious.

There's a reason why I said, "others"... Anyways, It's too obvious of you or anyone else to say LoZ, or any other Mario game. :p Not saying they were bad, but meh.

Caseryn
03-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Finally, someone who agrees. They ditched over world sprites, and the pokemon all look like derps with these graphics.

The Kiwi Dragon
03-02-2013, 09:03 PM
There's a reason why I said, "others"... Anyways, It's too obvious of you or anyone else to say LoZ, or any other Mario game. :p Not saying they were bad, but meh.

Mario just gets continually repetitive sometimes...

blaziking
03-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Just to jump on the mario bandwagon for the laugh you can get Super Mario Bro's 2 on the 3ds Store for a Fiver.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-03-2013, 03:53 AM
Mario is just so.... idk it was good for it's time but is also overdue for an update. I see why they'd wanna remain classic with it, but it's just gone too far out of it's time

SantiDC4
03-03-2013, 03:56 AM
Mario is just so.... idk it was good for it's time but is also overdue for an update. I see why they'd wanna remain classic with it, but it's just gone too far out of it's time

The New Super Mario Bros. games are repetitive, same old action-platforming game. All of the spin-offs are getting annoying too...

Sccrfreek
03-09-2013, 10:41 PM

I see the point concerning mario games but you cant deny the fact that they are extremely well polished for the most part. Mario Kart 7 was also one of, if not THE, first 3ds game to do online correctly. And just because something is obvious doesn't make it any less great. Everyone knew LoZ was going to be great and it lived up to the expectations. Expectations dont determine quality. Quality speaks for itself. I was merely stating you shouldn't gloss over great games by using a broad term like "others"

SantiDC4
03-09-2013, 10:50 PM
I see the point concerning mario games but you cant deny the fact that they are extremely well polished for the most part. Mario Kart 7 was also one of, if not THE, first 3ds game to do online correctly. And just because something is obvious doesn't make it any less great. Everyone knew LoZ was going to be great and it lived up to the expectations. Expectations dont determine quality. Quality speaks for itself. I was merely stating you shouldn't gloss over great games by using a broad term like "others"

Okay... So, I said they were obvious, because, OBVIOUSLY, they're the console/company favorite franchises, and will always, or usually, be most mentioned titles. On your, 'others' argument, are you saying that, I shouldn't, refer to these main console franchises, as just "others"? Yeah, they're good, but not THE best, that they should overlap, or always stand out from non-native games. :3

Sccrfreek
03-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Okay... So, I said they were obvious, because, OBVIOUSLY, they're the console/company favorite franchises, and will always, or usually, be most mentioned titles.

What does that even mean? They will be the most mentioned for being great just because they are the "company favorite"? That is ridiculous to think

On your, 'others' argument, are you saying that, I shouldn't, refer to these main console franchises, as just "others"? Yeah, they're good, but not THE best, that they should overlap, or always stand out from non-native games. :3

I don't understand that last incomplete sentence, but yes that is what I'm saying. Don't gloss over great games just to make your point seem stronger.

SantiDC4
03-09-2013, 11:37 PM
Don't gloss over great games just to make your point seem stronger.

Well sure! Almost everyone with a console from Nintendo, will have a Mario game, and maybe a LoZ title as well. Just like Microsoft's Xbox has Halo, and Sony's PS has God of War, inFamous, and other exclusives, Nintendo has their own exclusives, but some, like the Mario franchise, are over the top. My point with this is that, just because they're the company's pet, literally, (like Pikachu is to Pokemon) doesn't mean they're better than any other game, so I was like: "Of course he or she would mention those titles." Anyways...
That last sentence was, complete. I just used commas to make a point. How does not mentioning these "great games", cause you such a problem? I didn't feel like stating them, so be it. This tells me that whenever someone talks about, or makes a list of good games for a Nintendo console, a Super Mario game should automatically be there? Ha, no.

Sccrfreek
03-09-2013, 11:46 PM
Well sure! Almost everyone with a console from Nintendo, will have a Mario game, and maybe a LoZ title as well. Just like Microsoft's Xbox has Halo, and Sony's PS has God of War, inFamous, and other exclusives, Nintendo has their own exclusives, but some, like the Mario franchise, are over the top. My point with this is that, just because they're the company's pet, literally, (like Pikachu is to Pokemon) doesn't mean they're better than any other game, so I was like: "Of course he or she would mention those titles." Anyways...
That last sentence was, complete. I just used commas to make a point. How does not mentioning these "great games", cause you such a problem? I didn't feel like stating them, so be it. This tells me that whenever someone talks about, or makes a list of good games for a Nintendo console, a Super Mario game should automatically be there? Ha, no.

Nope. Not what i was saying. Not all Mario games are good. The new Mario Tennis game was not great. It wasn't bad but it didn't capture the magic that the original one had. It didn't necessarily cause me a problem with JUST those two games. There are more but it just seemed like you were deliberately NOT mentioning them because you wanted your case of "no good 3ds games" to stand up under criticism.

SantiDC4
03-09-2013, 11:50 PM
NOT mentioning them because you wanted your case of "no good 3ds games" to stand up under criticism.

Lol, what's wrong with being lazy and not wanting to type out ALL, of the good 3DS games? Besides, this thread isn't about the 3DS titles, so I only mentioned a couple just to make a quick point.

Sccrfreek
03-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Lol, what's wrong with being lazy and not wanting to type out ALL, of the good 3DS games? Besides, this thread isn't about the 3DS titles, so I only mentioned a couple just to make a quick point.

Ok. Touche... Very true.

Exflar
03-12-2013, 07:41 AM
I understand that not everyone can be pleased with the graphic design choice GameFreak has decided to pursue. But with Gen VI, vector-style cel shading seemed like a pleasant surprise as opposed to straight polygonal modeling. The thing with cel shading is that it's a 3D model stylized to look like an illustration. Take PS3's Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for example. Simply stunning. I for one am glad that pokemon is finally evolving out of its overly pixelated graphic engine that's ridiculously out of era for a system that could handle so much more.

EllaJaneBinks
03-12-2013, 09:56 AM
The people who get hate for being negative are those who have no real points to back up there negativity. It's mostly 'ugg gen 6 sucks, i hate all the gen 6 pokemon' You on the other hand have a reason to dislike it but id wait until the game actually comes out before judging it. B/W received so much negativity before they came out and then everyone loved them. Just give it a chance. Also there are some games that are really good for the 3ds i have Zelda and Tekken and they are awesome.

Yeah, how can you hate all the gen 6 Pokemon when they haven't all been unveiled? I just don't understand that kind of attitude... It is like giving up before you even start, or hating someone before you even get to know them Lol I think you should maybe rethink what you said. It just seems unwarranted to me. But that's my opinion, and I'm not setting out to offend.

SantiDC4
03-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Yeah, how can you hate all the gen 6 Pokemon when they haven't all been unveiled? I just don't understand that kind of attitude... It is like giving up before you even start, or hating someone before you even get to know them Lol I think you should maybe rethink what you said. It just seems unwarranted to me. But that's my opinion, and I'm not setting out to offend.

I understand, but meh. That's just me. :l

EllaJaneBinks
03-21-2013, 10:14 AM
I understand, but meh. That's just me. :l

At least you're not one of those fiery forum users.. the one's who would have blown up at me for making a comment like that :) For that I thank you!

charger774
04-18-2013, 03:42 AM
Dude I respect you!!!!!! Thats all i really have to say ;)

SantiDC4
04-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Dude I respect you!!!!!! Thats all i really have to say ;)

Um, thanks. ;D

rhys4w
04-21-2013, 06:47 PM
3rd Generation Pokes were badly designed... so long as they are better than that I'll be happy.

fluffyjellyfish
04-21-2013, 07:07 PM
why is it suddenly a bad thing that the character graphics are bad? I mean the character graphics in the current games are just a bandle of pixels with stubby legs and a way of wlaking that makes them look like they're wearing really tight trousers but noone complains baout it.

SantiDC4
04-21-2013, 07:16 PM
3rd Generation Pokes were badly designed... so long as they are better than that I'll be happy.

You might as well just stab my eyes out. *sigh*

SantiDC4
04-21-2013, 07:20 PM
why is it suddenly a bad thing that the character graphics are bad? I mean the character graphics in the current games are just a bandle of pixels with stubby legs and a way of wlaking that makes them look like they're wearing really tight trousers but noone complains baout it.

Because they are. Besides, the game developers have gone a long way, from fatty-looking sprites, to somewhat decent body structures. It´s not sudden anyways, because no one cares.

The Kiwi Dragon
04-21-2013, 08:12 PM

On that note you can stab my eyes out too, because they weren't badly designed whatsoever. None of the Gens have been 'badly designed' at all. They've just evolved from the really basic designed ones in Gen 1, which were improved in Gen 2. Gen 3 gave us more detailing about the Pokemon in terms of design, features and the colouring they used. And then Gen 4 majorly improved that. Gen 5 then gave us the same as 4 except the Pokemon could move a bit. Gen 6 Pokemon are shaping up quite well, thus far we've only had 4 Pokemon from Gen 6 which we've had gameplay footage of (Cheslpin, Fennekin, Froakie and Sylveon) and they all look fantastic. But we've also had Pokemon from previous generations shown in-game such as Cloyster, Golurk, Zangoose, Rampardos, Machamp, Kirlia, Magikarp, Genesect and of course Pikachu. All of which look amazing from the in-game footage so I think if fans want better designs, they can be guaranteed that Gen 6 is for them!

SantiDC4
04-21-2013, 09:00 PM
All of which look amazing from the in-game footage so I think if fans want better designs, they can be guaranteed that Gen 6 is for them!

Once again, TRLR, you've made another great point. I'm still being a pessimist about the new Pokemon, and the new Mewtwo one isn´t very helpful. xD

CammyCoolPants
04-22-2013, 01:22 AM
I suppose the reason some people don't like the new cel shading look for pokemon is because its different some hardcore game fans hate it when things are altered just look at all the hate posts Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time got when they made the water temple easier so in comparison changing the games graphics is like painting a smiley face over the Mona Lisa at least thats how I see it

SantiDC4
04-22-2013, 06:56 PM
I suppose the reason some people don't like the new cel shading look for pokemon is because its different some hardcore game fans hate it when things are altered just look at all the hate posts Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time got when they made the water temple easier so in comparison changing the games graphics is like painting a smiley face over the Mona Lisa at least thats how I see it

Oh, if I was a hardcore gamer, I'd be playing Pokemon games a LOT, more often. Anyways, I just don't like the character models. Some people are too used to, seeing bits and blocks, instead of 3-dimensional figures.

carcinoGeneticist
04-24-2013, 06:12 PM
Why criticize it before hand?
Just play it before any assumptions can be made. ╮(─▽─)╭

I can admire that the Pokemon people are making a genuine effort to step up their game play and stay running with the big name games that are out for the 3DS, even though what I'm hearing is making it sound like its going down the toilet just like Sonic the Hedgehog did with its newer releases.

I'll admit- I love how Pokemon used to be, especially with Crystal Version and down. That's just me.
Pokemon has been here for a very long time and has never been very original to begin with anyway, so another punch in the gut shouldn't phase us. (●´∀`●)
But at least wait play it before you decide that it is the equivalent of poo.

Given that they're spoon feeding us the same old plots for years and years and years.. I can see that you all wouldn't speculate happily about these sort of things.
They do however try, and while not all the elements in X and Y appear to be pleasing so far, you never know, it could turn out to be more advanced than Black and White were, with more trading/battling options.
That's honestly what I find to be the most indulgent feature these games have anyway, rather than the same old story line.
You're the chosen one, stop team Derp, blah blah....

Sandstorm-girl-Piper
05-04-2013, 03:48 AM
Hm well...

First of all, of course it's on the 3DS. We've almost finished the phasing portion of DS-3DS. Just because it carries the DS title doesn't mean its the same hardware, its similar to the GBC-GBA switch. its new hardware, I don't see why it's a surprise or even a discussion topic.

secondly, In my opinion, the 5th gen games were one of the ugliest. Now, if we take the 2D sprites by themselves, they were gorgeous, and if we take the 3D modeling by itself, it was very well done considering the graphical limitations of the DS. However, the melding of the two just didn't work, and while they did the very best they could with it, it just wasn't meant to be. Especially when trying to show off the scenery, like on the skyarrow bridge, and any people became distorted ugly black dots on the screen. The majority of the fan base has been wanting more landscape and immersion, and a break from the same old same old pixel style of the gameboy, hence the constant crying out for another pokemon Colosseum, not a battle revolution with only battling, but full character models and landscapes, which is exactly what pokemon is giving us, except this time in a main title. (also a common request I see)

The style of the modeling isn't at all poorly done either. They did a wonderful job melding the old style with the 3D models. I'm glad it doesn't look like mario 3D land or Animal crossing, mainly because then it wouldn't be a pokemon game. For instance if we look back on the oh-so-highly-regarded 1st gen games, everyone is highly stylized. in fact, they make a point of it in the opening sequence of the game, don't tell me its been so long that you've forgotten the ever so iconic shrinking of your character? The sprite themselves had always had dark outlines, so it makes sense that so do the new 3D models. They've kept the SD style, they've kept the pokemon fashion, and they've kept the feel without keeping the pixels, I really don't see much of whats wrong with it.

The new pokemon are just new pokemon, same as they've always been, same as they always will be. I know they didn't put in a new charizard for you, I'm honestly sorry they don't repeat themselves for you. Ken sugimori is still heading the design department, designs many of the pokemon himself, and his word is final on all pokemon designs. It's the same guy that designed your beloved doduos and clefairys and zubats and rattatas. The mewtwo form doesn't make much sense, granted, but then again mewtwo didn't make much sense to begin with (I mean, his number is #150 but mew, the pokemon whom he was derived from is #151??) The new form actually looks closer to a Mew clone than mewtwo ever did, which i find ironically funny. And on top of that, they are continuing to seclude any new forms to legendary pokemon only so far, all of which I don't use anyways so I guess it makes sense that it doesn't bother me very much.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. So far, I don't see any major issues with the game, the only thing I'm holding my breath on is that new Eeveelution. I'm wondering, if they do introduce a new type, how will they balance it with the rest? our 17 types have been around for so long, and while red and blue were terribly unbalanced, Gold and silver brought it up to quo by adding another weakness to psychic. Right now I feel all the types are well balanced and there isn't one type that stands out as significantly better or worse than the rest. But, we still don't know if there is a new type, what it is or how it interacts with the rest, so I'll leave it to professional game designers to figure out. Game Freak hasn't broken my heart yet and I'm not anticipating they will.

But yeah. Your opinion is yours and mine is mine, i just felt like adding my 2 cents to the discussion :)

reshilegend
05-04-2013, 09:38 AM
I couldn't agree more. Seriously, some people are annoyed that pokemon doesn't have the graphics it should have and on the other hand other people want to keep sprites. I mean you can't stick with the same engine that long (okay, the DS games were all kinda similar when you look at the graphics). Of course pokemon has to move on and use the potential of the 3DS. Just look at games like RE revelations and you know what it can do, and that's a 3d style game. So cel shading on the 3DS should be no problem for the developers. I'm glad they are at least trying to improve the graphics, although they could have done more. The game isn't out yet so maybe that'll change, but I'm already fine with a pokemon game that has a style like X and Y do :D
I honestly don't care much about the "lack of creativity" like some call it. It's not really a surprise that you like some pokemon and you hate others. The design has always been on a high quality level (with some exceptions). The new mewtwo form just means more options in battle for me :)
The feeling pokemon has will still exist in X and Y, I'm pretty sure about it. Oh and I'm curious what pokemon that didn't made it into 5th gen will appear in 6th gen although we'll never know which pokemon exactly was scratched ;)

Zrkome
05-05-2013, 07:24 AM
I'm all average on the whole thing but something I REALLY don't like is the new form of mewtwo! I mean seriously it looks like a creature off of "Alien".

SantiDC4
05-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Ha ha, so many people writing long, somewhat meaningful posts about their opinions. I've never been one for diplomacy, let alone long speeches, so I'll just say a few things.
First off, there are two reasons why I don't want new Pokemon, not now, not tomorrow, ever: I'm a lazy oaf..., and because some look meh. Second, I don't recall saying that the 3D movement was a failure, I mean, my favorite game, (Should I say, my place of origin), Fire Emblem: Awakening, has its' own graphical faults. For one, all characters all have flat feet! Or none at all! It's so difficult having to walk in this Lord uniform...
"First of all, of course it's on the 3DS. We've almost finished the phasing portion of DS-3DS. Just because it carries the DS title doesn't mean its the same hardware, its similar to the GBC-GBA switch." Someone mentioned this earlier, and I'm wondering, how's this relevant to anything I've said before? Or were you speaking to someone else? Meh.
Oh, and if Sandstorm-girl-Piper has contributed two cents, then this thread must be worth quite a nest egg! I never expected this many people to post on here.

Edge0914
05-12-2013, 01:39 AM
I like the water type starter. Don't care for chespin though

Sandstorm-girl-Piper
05-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Eep! *hides in a corner*

s-sorry for my long post, I tend to be kinda ranty when it comes to pokemon. I mentioned the DS-3DS thing because you talked about it briefly in your original post, "the games will be released for the Nintendo 3DS, which is actually an achievement for Game Freak. The 3DS's game library has little, to no good titles, with the exception of Fire Emblem Awakening, MGS3: Snake Eater, and others. So this is a positive view on the games, but is it really worth to see them in actual 3D?"

But really I mentioned it because I've had to sit through friends and other people complaining its on the 3DS, which to me is ridiculous. I was just saying I don't feel like it's worth being a thing to look at, cause it should be only natural, right?

And it's alright if you don't like them, thats up to you. There is something very nostalgic to me about discovering new pokemon and learning about them, just like there is something very nostalgic and special to you about the pokemon you grew up with. It's preference, and it's not a bad thing.

I'm sorry if I came off as conceited, I didn't mean to. I find discussions based off of opinions that are not mine to be very interesting, and I want to hear what other people have to say, and what they have to say about what I have to say about what they have to say xD

SantiDC4
05-13-2013, 01:15 AM
I'm sorry if I came off as conceited, I didn't mean to. I find discussions based off of opinions that are not mine to be very interesting, and I want to hear what other people have to say, and what they have to say about what I have to say about what they have to say xD

Well, I haven't had a decent discussion in a while, and I do agree with most of the things you say. I'm glad most of the people who have posted on here, are actually being honest and, well, nice. I remember telling my friend Gaius about why I dislike the new Pokemon games xD. He chased me around the Barracks with a Steel Sword. :/ Anyways, yeah, thanks for the polite response! :D

Joejoe2012
05-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Check out the new pokemon released Saturday

The Kiwi Dragon
05-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Check out the new pokemon released Saturday

I'm gonna have to say this. I'm not that excited by the prospect of those new Pokemon that've been unveiled. The Goat seems OK, the Panda and Robin are OK, but the Lizard is freaky. I'm not that impressed yet, but Junichi Masuda can undoubtedly surprise all of us on the weekend.

Zrkome
05-13-2013, 09:59 AM
What I found with the robin is that it literally looks like....well... A robin. I mean, in past generations they would get a animal and kinda warp it's design, add more names to it or even just misspell it or spell it backwards (ekans snake backwards, Kobra cobra with a K)! But all they've done here is just go all basic and bland here, and I don't like it. The panda basically the same as the robin but what I'm hoping for them both is that their evolutions become more closer to being a Pokemon rather than a regular animal. The lizard is definitely freaky but at least it kept looking like a Pokemon.

reshilegend
05-13-2013, 02:59 PM
I remember telling my friend Gaius about why I dislike the new Pokemon games xD. He chased me around the Barracks with a Steel Sword. :/

Fire emblem reference? ;)
Btw I doubt pokemon smash will reveal new important information, it'll most likely be the same information that we already got from the CoroCoro scans (but I really hope it'll be something else).
A new aspect of the game that is criticizable would be the character customization. Sure, it's awesome and everything but there aren't enough options imo. Hopefully they'll add more customizable stuff in the future. Like clothes, glasses and all that.

The Kiwi Dragon
05-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Btw I doubt pokemon smash will reveal new important information, it'll most likely be the same information that we already got from the CoroCoro scans (but I really hope it'll be something else).
A new aspect of the game that is criticizable would be the character customization. Sure, it's awesome and everything but there aren't enough options imo. Hopefully they'll add more customizable stuff in the future. Like clothes, glasses and all that.

From what I've read today, Pokemon Smash is unveiling new information about Mewtwo's new form (Hopefully to tell us how we can obtain it), and more new information on Sylveon (Hopefully it's type.)

SantiDC4
05-13-2013, 08:02 PM

Reference? (I'm trying to stay in character.) Anyways, yeah, maybe they're running out of ideas here. The first gen was a new, and fresh idea, and most of those ideas have been used up. I just hope there's more dark types. :/

The Kiwi Dragon
05-13-2013, 08:11 PM
And actually going off what Piper said, about the phasing portion. Well you're right, as the Nintendo DS/DSL/DSi/DSiXL are all now officially dead consoles. Nintendo has actually said there are no new games being unveiled for those DS models at all in 2013, only the 3DS/3DSXL. So really once X and Y arrive, the phasing portion for Pokemon fans will be mostly complete. So in other words, Black 2 and White 2 were the DS' and the 2D Pokemon world's swan-song.

â€*Nintendo DS/DS Lite/DSi/DSi XL. 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010 - 2013. Rust In Pieces. May your legacy continue on the 3DS/3DSXLâ€*

The Kiwi Dragon
05-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Reference? (I'm trying to stay in character.) Anyways, yeah, maybe they're running out of ideas here. The first gen was a new, and fresh idea, and most of those ideas have been used up. I just hope there's more dark types. :/

*Knows a lot of people will disagree, but idc* We need more Dragons! That aren't Legendaries! :p

SantiDC4
05-13-2013, 08:59 PM
*Knows a lot of people will disagree, but idc* We need more Dragons! That aren't Legendaries! :p

True! There are so many Pokemon types that need more variety. I don't think the X and Y legends are Dragon-types, but meh. The only cool, living dragons we get here in Ylisse are evil, and yeah. :b

Sandstorm-girl-Piper
05-14-2013, 07:02 AM
I'm gonna have to say this. I'm not that excited by the prospect of those new Pokemon that've been unveiled. The Goat seems OK, the Panda and Robin are OK, but the Lizard is freaky.

Aw, but the lizard looks like a Salamander! I've been waiting for a salamander-esque pokemon for forever xD Also, two words. Pokemon. Mounts.

I'm sorry, thats just awesome.

reshilegend
05-14-2013, 03:39 PM

Scratch that, customizable clothes and accessoires have been revealed. :)
Now there's still something that I don't want to happen. I don't know if anyone follows pokebeach's news, but they were contacted by a guy who says he's an insider and knows some information about X and Y. Nothing too spectacular you may think. BUT he predicted all English names of the 4 new pokemon! He also said that there will be a fairy type. That's okay for me. But he also said something about dual-typed moves. Which I absolutely don't want to see. That would make everything way too much complicated. Read the news stories here:
http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/supposed-pokemon-x-and-y-insider-information
http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/panchum-fletching-gogoat-helioptile-follow-up-to-insiders-pokemon-x-y-information
What do you guys think? I can't imagine dual-typed moves. That's the only thing I'm worried about regarding the recent news.

SantiDC4
05-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Not to interrupt, but some of those posts have no relevance to the point of the thread. Um, yeah, reshilegend mentioned something about fairy-types, is that true? Because I've lost interest in X and Y already. x3

cuz bruh
05-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Alright, some of these I get, you don't "like the graphic yet." I get where you are coming from. I also agree that mostly ALL 3DS games were low class. But again, they aren't fully done with the game/

samueln
05-15-2013, 07:55 PM
i argee with the characters like bloody disfigured

SantiDC4
05-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Alright, some of these I get, you don't "like the graphic yet." I get where you are coming from. I also agree that mostly ALL 3DS games were low class. But again, they aren't fully done with the game/

Then what don't you get? As for the 3DS games, there's only a couple good ones, not counting your typical ones like Mario and stuff like that. I think most of the new titles will go to the Wii U, while we get the crappy indie games as always.

SantiDC4
05-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Then what don't you get? As for the 3DS games, there's only a couple good ones, not counting your typical ones like Mario and stuff like that. I think most of the new titles will go to the Wii U, while we get the crappy indie games as always.

Also, it's cool that we're getting 3D remakes of old games, but there's a limit. :l

reshilegend
05-15-2013, 11:22 PM

That's simply not true. The 3ds has many good games (and more will come). Sure, this includes the "typical" games that are being released frequently, but every console has its system sellers. Also, the 3ds library is much better than the wii u library atm. I'm sure nintendo will push the wii u at a certain time, but recently the 3ds got a lot of great games. I'm actually pretty sure that X and Y will be high quality games and I would be surprised if they turn out to be worse than expected. Gotta say I'm not unhappy about the 3ds' situation now.
Oh and of course there are bad indie games, but who really cares.

SantiDC4
05-15-2013, 11:26 PM
I care. x3 I mean, I just want to see a 3D, up-to-date, first person shooter, nothing else. But we all have dreams, (like our dream of defeating the Fell Dragon...). So yeah, everyone likes their own things, I'll stick to mine. :3

reshilegend
05-16-2013, 03:06 PM
I care. x3 I mean, I just want to see a 3D, up-to-date, first person shooter, nothing else. But we all have dreams, (like our dream of defeating the Fell Dragon...). So yeah, everyone likes their own things, I'll stick to mine. :3

Yeah true, the only good "shooter" for the 3ds is RE atm, but it's more like a horror game. (Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there's anything else on the same quality level).
Oh and there was a fps announced, but it's an indie game and doesn't look that promising imo.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/renegade_kid_reveals_upcoming_3ds_eshop_fps_cult_c ounty
I personally can't wait for XY and the new smash bros, but as you said anyone has his/her own favourite things. I respect that.
/enough off topic for now :P

SantiDC4
05-16-2013, 07:54 PM
enough off topic for now :P

Frederick would have our heads for being irrelevant to the topic. :rolleyes: