PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] Rate My Team!!

Tomahawkman
02-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Ok title says all. My team is currently competing in the Winter Friendly Tournament and has won 3/5 battles (as of this post). Suggestion and comments will be helpful as I will take them into account for the next tournament. Thanks.

Ninetales - Drought

Flamethrower
Protect
Will-O-Wisp
Solarbeam

Infernape - Iron Fist

Stone-edge
Flare Blitz
Flamethrower
Close Combat

Volcarona - Flame Body

Bug Buzz
Flamethrower
Substitute
Heat Wave

Dragonite - Inner Focus

Thunder
Fly
Surf
Outrage

Gyarados - Moxie

Dragon Dance
Thunder
Waterfall
Earthquake

Politoed - Drizzle

Protect
Ice Beam
Psyhic
Scald

Kurosaki Ichigo
02-15-2013, 09:26 PM
You have too many fire types. You need a more diverse team

Tomahawkman
02-15-2013, 09:29 PM
You have too many fire types. You need a more diverse team

I was thinking of that not long ago. But since it is my first tournament, I wanted to try out the drought team. In fact, it is a rotation battle, I can select my pokemon just like random battle.

Kurosaki Ichigo
02-15-2013, 09:35 PM
I would also more accurate moves. While Thunder is powerful its not very accurate, I'd switch it for Thunderbolt for more accuracy and no drastic loss in power.

Tomahawkman
02-15-2013, 09:39 PM
I would also more accurate moves. While Thunder is powerful its not very accurate, I'd switch it for Thunderbolt for more accuracy and no drastic loss in power.

You forget about Drizzle. Rain increases accuracy of thunder. Combo that with politoed is great. That why I have him too.

Kurosaki Ichigo
02-15-2013, 09:41 PM
But how does drizzle help if you wanted to make a drought team?

Tomahawkman
02-15-2013, 09:44 PM
But how does drizzle help if you wanted to make a drought team?

Drizzle and Drought. I forgot to mention that. As for Drizzle, another diverse option instead of drought, other than just playing it during the tournament.

Kurosaki Ichigo
02-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Personally I would split it into two separate teams one Drizzle team and a Drought team that way the weather abilities don't conflict with each other. But thats just my opinion

Tomahawkman
02-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Personally I would split it into two separate teams one Drizzle team and a Drought team that way the weather abilities don't conflict with each other. But thats just my opinion

Yeah, for the tourney you're allowed 4 pokemons to battle. So dragonite can be the fourth for power or diversitality.

Kurosaki Ichigo
02-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Even though he doesn't fit in with either a drought or drizzle team

Tomahawkman
02-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Even though he doesn't fit in with either a drought or drizzle team

I thought Dragonite has surf and thunder which i said increases accuracy???

musicdude1815
02-16-2013, 12:23 AM
I think that a great partner with politoed and gyrados would be Ninjask. Rain takes away fire weakness and with moves like substitute, protect, baton pass, roost (or one attack move if you're scared of taunt); you can pass off speed boosts to gyrados. If you give gyrados a wide variety of physical attacks (Get rid of Thunder), a life orb. A Ninjask BPed speed and high attack after a few moxie and DD boosts (and rain boost if using Waterfall), Gyrados would sweep

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Give Infernape Fire Punch, ThunderPunch, Focus Punch, and Substitute. It has Iron Fist, yet you gave it no punching moves. Why would you do such a thing?? Substitute + Focus Punch will work well against a Pokemon that is walling you. Give Politoed Blizzard, Hydro Pump, Focus Blast, and just more powerful moves in general. It's terrible Special Attack means you need to make up for it by losing accuracy. And also do what musicdude1815 said with Ninjask. I actually began typing that and I realized he said it as well xD. Gyrados doesn't have to use Thunder anyways; it has no weakness to Water or Flying and has terrible Special Attack, so that is pointless. Give it Aqua Tail (not Waterfall), Bounce, Earthquake (you have it already), and Iron Head (or Iron Tail, but you shouldn't sacrifice the accuracy). If you Baton Pass it in after using Swords Dance with Ninjask (and Ninjask gets Speed Boost of course) it'll be a great sweeper. You have conflicting weather abilities making it a very poor strategy; it's never a good idea to combine weather strategies. And why Substitute on Volcarona? It has decent enough defenses to do a good sweep without needing time to stall and power-up, which yours can't do anyways without a move to do so. And 2 Fire-Type moves? Why? Give it Hurricane, Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz, and Giga Drain (Yes, it can learn giga drain). And you are also lacking items. Items make everything better, even if it just boosts the power of a move.

Need anymore help contact me, this was just a brief explanation of what could be done.

musicdude1815
02-16-2013, 01:20 AM
I forgot to also put that if Ninjask is to be used you NEED a pokemon with Rapid Spin.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-16-2013, 01:23 AM
I forgot to also put that if Ninjask is to be used you NEED a pokemon with Rapid Spin.

Well, not if you lead with Ninjask. You can also give it a Charti Berry to weaken Stealth Rock, and Spikes and Toxic Spikes don't affect it.