PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] Local Tournament...thoughts on my team?

bb123
02-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Just entered a local tournament...just curious about anyone's thoughts on the team I'm going in with (changes to be made in the future etc.) I have a few different teams I use and this is the first team I've used this combination.

Donphan - Sturdy
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Rapid Spin
Hidden Power (Bug)

Ferrothorn - Iron Barbs
Gyro Ball
Toxic
Seed Bomb
Stealth Rock

Porygon Z - Download
Tri-Attack
Thunderbolt
Hyper Beam
Psychic

Yanmega - Speed Boost
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Protect
U-turn

Gengar - Levitate
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Shadow Ball
Ice Punch

Kingdra
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Waterfall
Ice Beam

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-18-2013, 10:50 PM
Give Ferrothorn Leech Seed instead of Toxic and replace Seed Bomb with Ingrain. Maximize Special Defense and HP with EVs, and give it Iron Defense instead of Gyro Ball. Let it hold Leftovers. It is a good Special Wall, and once you use 3 Iron Defenses you will be set and ready to stall anything. Use Ingrain so they can't send you out and then Leech Seed. You'll recover a lot of health. And then when they die from your drainage (16 turns), They will hit Stealth Rocks. If you are impatient like me you should replace Stealth Rock with Toxic but it's your call.
Take away Donphan's Hidden Power. Give it a Physical Attack instead...
No U-Turn on Yanmega! Give it Shadow Ball and Ancient Power instead of U-Turn and Protect. You'll get good coverage like that.
Hypnosis is inaccurate and annoying to set up every time you need a Psychic-Type Move. Give it Psychic and Thunderbolt instead, and Sludge Bomb replaces Ice Punch.

bb123
02-18-2013, 11:12 PM
I may replace u-turn will shadow ball but I like Protect because it's an automatic speed boost. But thanks for the thoughts I really like the ideas for Ferrothorn.

CammyCoolPants
02-19-2013, 02:08 AM
Give Ferrothorn Leech Seed instead of Toxic and replace Seed Bomb with Ingrain. Maximize Special Defense and HP with EVs, and give it Iron Defense instead of Gyro Ball. Let it hold Leftovers. It is a good Special Wall, and once you use 3 Iron Defenses you will be set and ready to stall anything. Use Ingrain so they can't send you out and then Leech Seed. You'll recover a lot of health. And then when they die from your drainage (16 turns), They will hit Stealth Rocks. If you are impatient like me you should replace Stealth Rock with Toxic but it's your call.
Take away Donphan's Hidden Power. Give it a Physical Attack instead...
No U-Turn on Yanmega! Give it Shadow Ball and Ancient Power instead of U-Turn and Protect. You'll get good coverage like that.
Hypnosis is inaccurate and annoying to set up every time you need a Psychic-Type Move. Give it Psychic and Thunderbolt instead, and Sludge Bomb replaces Ice Punch.

I really like your Ferrothorn idea I have it in my grass only team and those ideas will really help better my team

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-19-2013, 02:14 AM
I really like your Ferrothorn idea I have it in my grass only team and those ideas will really help better my team

Lol I've been doing a personal "study" on how to effectively create a wall. I focus on drainers. Just be careful around common taunters (just a heads-up, Mandibuzz, Absol, and most Dark-Types) because as soon as they use taunt, you're dead.

CammyCoolPants
02-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Lol I've been doing a personal "study" on how to effectively create a wall. I focus on drainers. Just be careful around common taunters (just a heads-up, Mandibuzz, Absol, and most Dark-Types) because as soon as they use taunt, you're dead.

ok I might think about having it know power whip so it has a direct way of attacking thanks for the heads up :)

Fazbear_Ent.©
02-19-2013, 06:27 PM
What are their natures, Evs, and Ivs? Those are major components in a competitive team.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-19-2013, 10:15 PM
What are their natures, Evs, and Ivs? Those are major components in a competitive team.

To hunt for the IVs of 6 Pokemon is pointless and a critique can also suggest natures and EVs if they don't have the Pokemon yet

Josh :p
02-19-2013, 10:48 PM
remove hyper beam from porygon z
replace with recover ( if its holding life orb ) or agaility

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-19-2013, 11:45 PM
remove hyper beam from porygon z
replace with recover ( if its holding life orb ) or agaility

Well it is fast, so if it recovers, it will also lose HP in that same turn, making that a waste... It also doesn't have the defenses to do agility, which it doesn't need since it's already fast. I also wouldn't put Life Orb on Porygon-Z. I do agree about Hyper Beam though! It should have a different attack there. I'd do Shadow Ball