PDA

View Full Version : Movie Pokemon Vs In-game Pokemon

Itachi Uchiha
02-25-2013, 01:45 AM
Why are the ingame Pokemon so weak compared to the Anime? Mewtwo only stopped destroying because it felt bad, NOTHING could stop it. While in the games Mewtwo is awsome but it is nothing like the movies, the same goes for most of the game cover legends. Heck they make Gyrados a fricken BAWS in the anime, rampaging for months for no reason leaving whole villages destroyed in its wake

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-25-2013, 01:47 AM
Lol it's also funny how weaknesses don't apply... how Pikachu OHKO'd a Rhyhorn with Thunderbolt? Like, it has Lightningrod and is a Ground-Type anyways. It makes no sense.

Tyrantking6
02-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Lol it's also funny how weaknesses don't apply... how Pikachu OHKO'd a Rhyhorn with Thunderbolt? Like, it has Lightningrod and is a Ground-Type anyways. It makes no sense.
well a pikachu could still ko a ryhorn since not all have lightningrod it might take a while but it would still be possible and we are talking about ashes pikachu here :P

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-25-2013, 09:07 PM
well a pikachu could still ko a ryhorn since not all have lightningrod it might take a while but it would still be possible and we are talking about ashes pikachu here :P

Well no because Electric doesn't affect Ground so Thunderbolt shouldn't have done anything. But yeah I'm thinking off Ash's Pikachu beating a Rhyhorn

Kurosaki Ichigo
02-25-2013, 09:18 PM
Well no because Electric doesn't affect Ground so Thunderbolt shouldn't have done anything. But yeah I'm thinking off Ash's Pikachu beating a Rhyhorn

The only way I could see Pikachu winning is with Iron Tail but not with any electric attacks

GaryEhffinJoaker
02-25-2013, 11:29 PM
I don't think anybody would own a single legend if the game were like the anime. Raikou dies if held in captivity. The world would be destroyed if anyone captured Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos, etc... The anime is just stupid as far as the rules... Pikachu losing to Pokemon a million times weaker than the legends it has OHKO'd, shocking Ground types like Brock's Geodude and Onix (even before the sprinklers came on), Golem, etc... So yeah. *shrugs*

EllaJaneBinks
02-26-2013, 02:48 AM
I still can't get over the fact that Pikachu lost to Trip's Snivy. If Trip truly did just recieve Snivy from Prof. Juniper and it was Snivy's first battle then how is it able to beat Pikachu, even if Pikachu can't use Electric Type moves?
What about it's Quick Attack or Iron Tail? Even though they wouldn't be that effective against a grass type Pokemon, Trip's Snivy would have been at Level 5.

And how the heck did it learn Leaf Tornado at Level 5? That move is learnt at Level 16 :/ So who knows, they barely follow the rules on the anime.

GaryEhffinJoaker
02-26-2013, 04:42 AM
I still can't get over the fact that Pikachu lost to Trip's Snivy. If Trip truly did just recieve Snivy from Prof. Juniper and it was Snivy's first battle then how is it able to beat Pikachu, even if Pikachu can't use Electric Type moves?
What about it's Quick Attack or Iron Tail? Even though they wouldn't be that effective against a grass type Pokemon, Trip's Snivy would have been at Level 5.

And how the heck did it learn Leaf Tornado at Level 5? That move is learnt at Level 16 :/ So who knows, they barely follow the rules on the anime.

I know ingame they say a starter is given at level 5, but I'm unconvinced that applies to the anime. I know in one ep, they showed a hidden location where the starters for hoenn are raised until strong enough to battle and be given to trainers. In fact, all starters shown when first given out know moves outside of the five level rang. Like when May used Mudkip to help Prof. Rowan, it knew Water Gun, which is learned much higher than level 5. So who really knows what level Snivy was at. Nonetheless... Pikachu beat a Latios and OHKO'd a Regice. Totally unexcusable... It's really just a spit in the face to those who have watched the show since the beginning. :/

Arrogant Watermelon
02-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Politically.

Tyrantking6
02-26-2013, 10:42 PM
I know ingame they say a starter is given at level 5, but I'm unconvinced that applies to the anime. I know in one ep, they showed a hidden location where the starters for hoenn are raised until strong enough to battle and be given to trainers. In fact, all starters shown when first given out know moves outside of the five level rang. Like when May used Mudkip to help Prof. Rowan, it knew Water Gun, which is learned much higher than level 5. So who really knows what level Snivy was at. Nonetheless... Pikachu beat a Latios and OHKO'd a Regice. Totally unexcusable... It's really just a spit in the face to those who have watched the show since the beginning. :/
not to mention all the other legends he's gone head to head with I mean he helped ward off the deoxys clones in the destiny deoxys in the first movie he talked with a friggin zapdos like seriously that pikachu should be a legendary itself

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-26-2013, 11:03 PM
not to mention all the other legends he's gone head to head with I mean he helped ward off the deoxys clones in the destiny deoxys in the first movie he talked with a friggin zapdos like seriously that pikachu should be a legendary itself

It really should! Like, it out-sped a Weavile in one episode. That's like impossible even if Pikachu was scarfed.

musicdude1815
02-27-2013, 03:02 AM
One thing I always wondered was what do gym leaders like Falkner do? He had has fully evolved team of pokemon to take Ash on, but does he have another weaker set to use against people who just have recieved their starter from Elm and battle with the likes of Cyndaquil and Sentrets. Does Falkner just forget the keen strategies he used against Ash on rookie trainers who have no strategy, similar to just spamming Ember/Water Gun/ Razor Leaf (Terrible strategy if using RL) like in the game.

GaryEhffinJoaker
02-27-2013, 04:40 AM
One thing I always wondered was what do gym leaders like Falkner do? He had has fully evolved team of pokemon to take Ash on, but does he have another weaker set to use against people who just have recieved their starter from Elm and battle with the likes of Cyndaquil and Sentrets. Does Falkner just forget the keen strategies he used against Ash on rookie trainers who have no strategy, similar to just spamming Ember/Water Gun/ Razor Leaf (Terrible strategy if using RL) like in the game.

I wondered that too, for the anime AND the games. Like in Gold/Silver/Crystal/HG/SS, Brock and all the gyms in Kanto have VERY high leveled Pokemon. Imagine playing Red/Blue/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen and facing his level 50-60 Rocky Pokemon with only a level 15 or so Charmander, Squirtle or Bulbasaur! :O

Mew number 10000000
03-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Don't forget that gamefreak changed pikachu's ability to auto win ^_^

EllaJaneBinks
03-06-2013, 11:33 AM
They follow the story too much and don't apply enough about the facts of the game, which is where the anime stemmed from so I really don't get how they can do that. Like when they're brainstorming they probably think, "Okay, we'll have Ash fail to beat this gym leader three times before he wins so that he develops his inner strength more, blah, blah blah" but they don't realise that they've missed out on the fact that Pikachu should be like at Level 100 and could easily beat those gym leaders, level 20 Pokemon, no matter what they're strategy was. Like unless they used that Level 1 Rattata beats a Level 100 Legendary Strategy...

They just don't seem to care that much about it as they do developing the plotline.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-06-2013, 09:08 PM
They follow the story too much and don't apply enough about the facts of the game, which is where the anime stemmed from so I really don't get how they can do that. Like when they're brainstorming they probably think, "Okay, we'll have Ash fail to beat this gym leader three times before he wins so that he develops his inner strength more, blah, blah blah" but they don't realise that they've missed out on the fact that Pikachu should be like at Level 100 and could easily beat those gym leaders, level 20 Pokemon, no matter what they're strategy was. Like unless they used that Level 1 Rattata beats a Level 100 Legendary Strategy...

They just don't seem to care that much about it as they do developing the plotline.

I mean, the question is what came first; the anime or the game? I'm pretty sure the game came shortly after the anime, in which case they would be able to make any changes they want in the game. And let's face it, the levels and such in the game are what makes it better than the anime. If I was battling in the anime, I'd be extremely mad if a Pikachu took out my Rhyhorn with a Thunderbolt... Like, not even possible..

blaziking
03-06-2013, 10:02 PM
I think we just have to accept that the anime and the games have different sets of rules. But the trips snivy defeating Pikachu is something i don't think i will ever come to accept. On to the gym leaders, there position is to test the abilities of the trainers and gauge if they are deserving of the badge. In a serious battle the gym leaders would wipe the floor with trainers otherwise anyone could just up a gym. The PWT at least in the games is a probably a good guess at how powerful most of them are.

Oh and the games came first.

EllaJaneBinks
03-07-2013, 01:36 AM
Ah well, It seems like a lost cause to me. They've been going on that way for a while, and people still watch it. Guess there's nothing we can do but whine about it :P It's just soooo annoying when you're watching it, and something incredulous happens, and you're just left there sitting shocked with you're mouth hanging open, and you yell "THAT COULD NEVER HAPPEN!"... And everyone in your house thinks you've gone crazy :/ Then you have to spend like twenty minutes fuming about the fact that they've stepped all over the rule book, again!

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-07-2013, 03:14 AM
I mean, the question is what came first; the anime or the game? I'm pretty sure the game came shortly after the anime, in which case they would be able to make any changes they want in the game. And let's face it, the levels and such in the game are what makes it better than the anime. If I was battling in the anime, I'd be extremely mad if a Pikachu took out my Rhyhorn with a Thunderbolt... Like, not even possible..

The game came first. Then the anime which is based loosely On the games. The manga came last, based loosely on the anime

NatalyaBelarus<3
03-07-2013, 03:16 PM
The part where Pikachu beated Rhydon was most likely a dubbing error.

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-08-2013, 04:59 AM
The part where Pikachu beated Rhydon was most likely a dubbing error.

I doubt it. Too many BS moves have been pulled in pokemon for it to just be continuously excused away as a dub error.

EllaJaneBinks
03-12-2013, 11:19 AM
And can someone explain to me how there are trainers out there who own some seriously rare and exotic Pokemon?

I mean, I was watching the Sinnoh league or something, and this guy had Darkrai AND Latios.... Are you serious? Maybe I'm missing something in the plotline.. But I was watching it, and the character's reactions towards a trainer having such Pokemon wasn't even believable. Sure they were surprised, but that was it. I mean, aren't those Pokemon EXTREMELY rare?
So rare that there is only one in the whole world?

Oh, but according to the anime this trainer can own both extremely rare Pokemon, one being a legendary. I mean, come on... I seriously hope that I'm just missing out on some information because that is seriously weird.

Keitaro787
03-12-2013, 10:35 PM
I know what you mean, but in the movie Pokemon Heroes there is more than one Latios after the one Latios dies.

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-13-2013, 05:07 AM
And can someone explain to me how there are trainers out there who own some seriously rare and exotic Pokemon?

I mean, I was watching the Sinnoh league or something, and this guy had Darkrai AND Latios.... Are you serious? Maybe I'm missing something in the plotline.. But I was watching it, and the character's reactions towards a trainer having such Pokemon wasn't even believable. Sure they were surprised, but that was it. I mean, aren't those Pokemon EXTREMELY rare?
So rare that there is only one in the whole world?

Oh, but according to the anime this trainer can own both extremely rare Pokemon, one being a legendary. I mean, come on... I seriously hope that I'm just missing out on some information because that is seriously weird.

Well, the question remains if there indeed is only one of the legends. Tobias (LOVE HIM) has Latios, which, as keitaro787 said, there are more than one. Darkrai, while in the movie, also was seen in the anime, making it reasonable to say there are more than one of those, too. I know some people found it a bit chessy that Tobias used legends, but personally, I think he only did what every trainer there did, which was to show up with your very best Pokemon. For instance, if Ash caught a ton of legends and then competed in a league and refused to use it to be "fair," and then he lost, I'm pretty sure people would call stupid for not using his most powerful and best Pokemon. I think Tobias must be a pretty cool trainer to own legends and even when winning, showed a humble attitude. :)

EllaJaneBinks
03-13-2013, 06:29 AM
Well, the question remains if there indeed is only one of the legends. Tobias (LOVE HIM) has Latios, which, as keitaro787 said, there are more than one. Darkrai, while in the movie, also was seen in the anime, making it reasonable to say there are more than one of those, too. I know some people found it a bit chessy that Tobias used legends, but personally, I think he only did what every trainer there did, which was to show up with your very best Pokemon. For instance, if Ash caught a ton of legends and then competed in a league and refused to use it to be "fair," and then he lost, I'm pretty sure people would call stupid for not using his most powerful and best Pokemon. I think Tobias must be a pretty cool trainer to own legends and even when winning, showed a humble attitude. :)

I'm not trashing on Tobias or anything :P I just think it was dumb that he would have BOTH.. because I thought Ash was like the 'Harry Potter' - 'Chosen One' of the Pokemon world... and I just thought it would be against the rules to have Latios or Latias or any legendaries for that matter... If there are only a few of them in the world. Seems to me like the legendaries are supposed to be off orchestrating how the world runs and fixing things and creating thunder and lighting rather than belong to a trainer and be running the Sinnoh League :/ But that's just my opinion. I think, it was silly that Tobias was allowed to use something rare and extremely strong like Darkrai to own the comp, smashing Pokemon after Pokemon with only one of his, and then when Ash manages to beat Darkrai finally. Well sorry, but Ash should have won the league right then and there haha he shouldn't have had to then verse Latios.. Poor Ash.

Well I'm no show writer and I'm no Pokemon know-it-all, but just seems dumb to me!!!

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-14-2013, 03:52 AM
I'm not trashing on Tobias or anything :P I just think it was dumb that he would have BOTH.. because I thought Ash was like the 'Harry Potter' - 'Chosen One' of the Pokemon world... and I just thought it would be against the rules to have Latios or Latias or any legendaries for that matter... If there are only a few of them in the world. Seems to me like the legendaries are supposed to be off orchestrating how the world runs and fixing things and creating thunder and lighting rather than belong to a trainer and be running the Sinnoh League :/ But that's just my opinion. I think, it was silly that Tobias was allowed to use something rare and extremely strong like Darkrai to own the comp, smashing Pokemon after Pokemon with only one of his, and then when Ash manages to beat Darkrai finally. Well sorry, but Ash should have won the league right then and there haha he shouldn't have had to then verse Latios.. Poor Ash.

Well I'm no show writer and I'm no Pokemon know-it-all, but just seems dumb to me!!!

No doubt it was a cheesy move to pull. Ash lost like half his team to Darkrai alone. And even when beating Latios, it didn't matter because his final Pokemon was taken out at the same time. He clearly wasn't gonna make it through and it totally sucked in that sense. In another sense, I thought it was cool to see Ash go up against a couple of the most powerful Pokemon. I'm more upset with HOW Ash lost. I mean, they didn't even make it seem like Ash had any brains. His Torkoal was a total joke and WHY bring Swellow? That angered me so much more than anything else in that ep. To add to your thing about trainers owning legendaries, I agree there. It's been shown many times that if trainers own legends, the results can be catastrophic. Raikou held in captivity will end up dying. In the 2nd Movie, Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos restrained can completely destroy the balance of nature, etc. Though I'm not sure what Darkrai and Latios's roles are in nature exactly, they are still legends so it could be safetly assumed they'd be better off in the wild.

(This makes me wanna know so much more about Tobias!! :o)

EllaJaneBinks
03-14-2013, 05:53 PM
No doubt it was a cheesy move to pull. Ash lost like half his team to Darkrai alone. And even when beating Latios, it didn't matter because his final Pokemon was taken out at the same time. He clearly wasn't gonna make it through and it totally sucked in that sense. In another sense, I thought it was cool to see Ash go up against a couple of the most powerful Pokemon. I'm more upset with HOW Ash lost. I mean, they didn't even make it seem like Ash had any brains. His Torkoal was a total joke and WHY bring Swellow? That angered me so much more than anything else in that ep. To add to your thing about trainers owning legendaries, I agree there. It's been shown many times that if trainers own legends, the results can be catastrophic. Raikou held in captivity will end up dying. In the 2nd Movie, Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos restrained can completely destroy the balance of nature, etc. Though I'm not sure what Darkrai and Latios's roles are in nature exactly, they are still legends so it could be safetly assumed they'd be better off in the wild.

(This makes me wanna know so much more about Tobias!! :o)

Oh gosh, I agree. I mean sometimes Ash and his friends do things that really make my head spin. I was surprised to see him use Torkoal too.. I sort of felt like they just threw a random Pokemon in there just so they could emphasise Darkrai's power. But in saying so, I get that's why Ash is supposed to be 'special'. He quite oftens picks Pokemon, not based on strategy, but simply because he feels like it. They always say in the anime that that's exactly how he manages to bring out the best of his Pokemon etc etc :p Sometime's it is a huge stretch.. Like he used Infernape in the Sinnoh League.. So why did he then go and grab Torkoal :p Strange desicion to me. My only answer is that Tobias is Mew transformed and he is just mind screwing everyone! But then again, the Pokemon show is often just a big mind trip. Not a lot of things make sense and heaps is unnaccounted for and just plain illogical... It's sort of funny though, watching it all unravel Lol

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Oh gosh, I agree. I mean sometimes Ash and his friends do things that really make my head spin. I was surprised to see him use Torkoal too.. I sort of felt like they just threw a random Pokemon in there just so they could emphasise Darkrai's power. But in saying so, I get that's why Ash is supposed to be 'special'. He quite oftens picks Pokemon, not based on strategy, but simply because he feels like it. They always say in the anime that that's exactly how he manages to bring out the best of his Pokemon etc etc :p Sometime's it is a huge stretch.. Like he used Infernape in the Sinnoh League.. So why did he then go and grab Torkoal :p Strange desicion to me. My only answer is that Tobias is Mew transformed and he is just mind screwing everyone! But then again, the Pokemon show is often just a big mind trip. Not a lot of things make sense and heaps is unnaccounted for and just plain illogical... It's sort of funny though, watching it all unravel Lol
Yeah. I couldn't believe Swellow and Torkoal came out when he has Infernape and Staraptor, both who who fighting moves and coulda done something to Darkrai. I guess Infernape could battle after the battle with Electivire, and Staraptor was smashed by Drapion, like how Harrison in the Johto League beat Ash's Charizard with his Blaziken and then he couldn't use Blaziken in the next round because it was too weak from Ash's match. Still, Charizard woulda been sweet! Meh... It's too much to pull my hair out over :p Pikachu did awesome against Latios <3 made me angry though that he beat him but lost and we couldn't see one more Pokemon from Tobias.

blaziking
03-16-2013, 01:06 AM
I think that Tobias's role was to stop Ash from winning but to make it look like it was only because he used the Legends. The writers obv don't want Ash to win a league yet but he had shown considerable growth and maturity throughout Sinnoh. Well more so that in previous regions. They wanted him to be the second best and he defeated his rival at last which to him was better than winning the League. His Pokemon choices were frustrating but look at the current region, he has been doing it over and over. One thing that annoys me about that is his Oshawott hasn't evolved yet and he seems to use him more than anyone else. I really want to see Tobias's full team also. Maybe he will make a return in the new region?

LinuxUser
07-09-2013, 02:57 AM
I still don't get pikachu beating a regice, latios, And Rhydon which doesnt make sense becasue thunder bolt doesnt effect it and losing to a snivy! pikachu should be lv 100 and failing to a lv 5! wow just wow

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
07-09-2013, 11:29 PM
I still don't get pikachu beating a regice, latios, And Rhydon which doesnt make sense becasue thunder bolt doesnt effect it and losing to a snivy! pikachu should be lv 100 and failing to a lv 5! wow just wow

I've come to reason that the game doesn't make sense with the anime... Regice has uber Special Defense, it would never be KO'd by a little Pikachu, Latios could have easily OHKO'd a Pikachu, and Rhydon would have laughed at a Thunderbolt. Losing to a Snivy is more logical, since Snivy resist Electric-type moves, but considering the things Pikachu has defeated, it's odd to have lost to a Shivy. Idk I never even try anymore to connect Games with Anime

the pokechamp 1
07-11-2013, 08:13 AM
besides Pikachu is weak now without volt tackle

Dhomie
07-17-2013, 04:50 AM
It makes me laugh how ash's pikachu is still losing fights in the unova reigion when his pikachu should be really powerful. (If it was a video game I say he should be like lv 100 by now) But know since they have to make ash still have a challenge to make it entertaining to watch but it makes no sense to all the old timers who have been watching since ( I Choose you) I cant even watch the show anymore its a disgrace

stormwalker22
02-26-2014, 09:30 PM
Another weird difference is the skyscraper sized dragonite in an episode many years ago compared to it being 7'03" in the pokedex