PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] Hacked and Legit Pokmon

Treyark
03-05-2013, 08:13 PM
I recently was traded a Legendary for a Level 1 Starter. I was extremely suspicious about the Pokemon's authenticity. The only reason I continued to trade was because I thought if someone would have a hacked legendary and they would trade it for a starter, they could've just got a hacked starter.
I went ahead with the trade and the legendary seemed kinda legit. It had an original trainer, it's stats seemed good, nothing strange with abilities and attacks. I just started to think that the trader really wanted the Starter...
Now, I just have one question. Even if it was hacked, what's the difference? It seems completely legit, it seems like the real one. Why are they looked down on? I've caught practically every Unova Pokemon, I just needed the version exclusives so I had to trade for it. The only strange thing is, the legendaries that most people want to trade can't be used in leagues anyway, so why are hacked Pokemon so bad?

Also, if I traded a friend my Tepig for his (hacked) Snivy, without knowing it's hacked and trained until it was fully evolved and has a high level, would I be able to enter the Snivy into a league? Will it be considered hacked because it was traded, has no strange stats and I trained it for like 60 Levels.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-06-2013, 02:09 AM
They are frowned upon because they are illegitimate; it's like downloading a movie illegally. You can get the same thing if you search hard enough, but it's still not real and it won't end well if you're caught with it. Not only that, but with a few clicks, they 'produce' a Pokemon that is like yours, but 'better', and they didn't even train at all. It's irritating. But with legendaries, there is a way to tell easily if it's hacked in 5th gen. Go onto Pokecheck and send it in. Show the legality analysis, and go to Encounter Type. It'll always tell you there if it's legendary if it's hacked or not. If it's not green, it's a hack undoubtedly. And if it seems legit, it may very well be a very good hacker. Chances are though, that he had multiple and thought it wouldn't be a big deal. What Pokemon was it? He may have transferred them from a previous Gen and had extras.

As for the hacked Snivy, it depends. If he was a novice hacker, or if he was experienced, or maybe it was a one-time thing he threw together quickly. Now, if it's shiny, they are more likely to do a legality check on you, but if not, you may be good. Check the stats with Serebii's IV calculator and make sure they are where they should be. Or, you can use Pokecheck. In fact, if you use Pokecheck, you can see Nintendo's legality analysis. It'll tell you if it'd be called a hack or not. It's still dishonest either way though.

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-06-2013, 02:41 AM
Hacks are frowned upon because many ppl ev train their pokemon these days and work damn hard at it, too. And to battle some person who just goes to some website to get a super powerful pokemon with perfect stats when you've worked hard to raise your own pokemon and took the time to do it is just plain rude and disrespectful. I mean, the reason why hacks are frowned on is obvious, really. Not to mention, it's just poor sportsmanship. Why buy the game if you're not gonna play it? So you can win battles you didn't earn and cheated to get to? At the end of the day, you can do whatever you like with your game, though. Hack, play fair. It all comes down to just how much morals you have or lack.

Treyark
03-06-2013, 07:03 PM
They are frowned upon because they are illegitimate; it's like downloading a movie illegally. You can get the same thing if you search hard enough, but it's still not real and it won't end well if you're caught with it. Not only that, but with a few clicks, they 'produce' a Pokemon that is like yours, but 'better', and they didn't even train at all. It's irritating. But with legendaries, there is a way to tell easily if it's hacked in 5th gen. Go onto Pokecheck and send it in. Show the legality analysis, and go to Encounter Type. It'll always tell you there if it's legendary if it's hacked or not. If it's not green, it's a hack undoubtedly. And if it seems legit, it may very well be a very good hacker. Chances are though, that he had multiple and thought it wouldn't be a big deal. What Pokemon was it? He may have transferred them from a previous Gen and had extras.

As for the hacked Snivy, it depends. If he was a novice hacker, or if he was experienced, or maybe it was a one-time thing he threw together quickly. Now, if it's shiny, they are more likely to do a legality check on you, but if not, you may be good. Check the stats with Serebii's IV calculator and make sure they are where they should be. Or, you can use Pokecheck. In fact, if you use Pokecheck, you can see Nintendo's legality analysis. It'll tell you if it'd be called a hack or not. It's still dishonest either way though.

It was a Reshiram, so I doubt he had too many. Still, a legendary for a Starter is a strange trade. I checked the IV's and everything, it isn't shiny so it seems legit. So if I go to a league now, it's an acceptable Pokemon to use? It seems perfectly normal.

Treyark
03-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Hacks are frowned upon because many ppl ev train their pokemon these days and work damn hard at it, too. And to battle some person who just goes to some website to get a super powerful pokemon with perfect stats when you've worked hard to raise your own pokemon and took the time to do it is just plain rude and disrespectful. I mean, the reason why hacks are frowned on is obvious, really. Not to mention, it's just poor sportsmanship. Why buy the game if you're not gonna play it? So you can win battles you didn't earn and cheated to get to? At the end of the day, you can do whatever you like with your game, though. Hack, play fair. It all comes down to just how much morals you have or lack.

Yeah, I don't really like getting Pokemon that way myself. It's just the Pokemon traded to me seem legit, they don't have incredibly high stats, so they're completely normal...

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-06-2013, 10:05 PM
It was a Reshiram, so I doubt he had too many. Still, a legendary for a Starter is a strange trade. I checked the IV's and everything, it isn't shiny so it seems legit. So if I go to a league now, it's an acceptable Pokemon to use? It seems perfectly normal.

Okay... Did you use Pokecheck's legality analysis? That'll tell you if it'd be accepted in a tournament. But even if it's legit, Reshiram is banned in tournaments.