PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] Banned Ability?

aveyavey123
03-11-2013, 10:39 PM
I heard something on a certain website saying that Drizzle+ Swift Swim is banned!? Is it true and if so why cuz i wanted a drizzle politoed on my team with a swift swim something

reshilegend
03-11-2013, 11:01 PM
You're probably talking about the ban of drizzle+swift swim from the site smogon. They have certain bans for tiers, for example they say that this combo is too op for OU. If you don't know what tiers are, google it :)

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-12-2013, 12:13 AM
There are no banned moves or ability other than on Smogon. A snotty little site that takes it upon themselves to rate whether particular pokemon are any good or not based on their own definition of worth, stats, move pools, abilities, etc. They're not backed up by Nintendo and listening to anything they say is entirely optional. As far as I'm concerned, moves exist to be used.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-12-2013, 03:25 AM
That really only matters if you play the Smogon metagames. Just don't battle there and it's perfectly okay.

The Kiwi Dragon
03-12-2013, 05:01 AM
Just another load of crap from Smogon. The Pokemon world's website for people who allude themselves from the true nature of Pokemon and turn it into some heap of confusing and boring battles. What happened to the good ol' fashioned battle?

Gdsk1120
03-12-2013, 06:59 AM
From the sound it that website sound boring and a little shady.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-12-2013, 11:14 PM
I mean, I understand the rules on Smogon and why they exist, ie they ban Swift Swim + Drizzle together because most Swift Swimmers are already fast (Such as Floatzel), making a doubled speed stat overkill. This leaves room for potential annoyers, which are obviously annoying. Smogon likes to ban annoying Pokemon, so they ban that combination. I still managed to get my annoying Jumpluff in xD Actually they made a new rule upon meeting my Jumpluff

musicdude1815
03-13-2013, 04:45 AM
Kabutops kills in a set like that. I'm gonna try him if Moxidos doesn't cut it on my team. You also can't use Snow Cloak and Sand Veil (Too much evasion I would believe). Also can't use Drought and Sandstream lower than OU. And also can't use Shell Smash and Baton Pass on the same Pokemon in the two lower tiers. They always find a Pokemon, move combos, and abilities that are doing too well and ban them.