PDA

View Full Version : The most beautiful moments with nature

UltraSound
03-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Only a few moments ago, not even 15 minutes have passed since I saw the Northern Lights. It was amazingly, stunningly beautiful. Those green lights danced around the sky for a few minutes, then faded away, the only trace they left of themselves was the memory I will keep in my mind forever.
Tell me about your experiences with nature - What's the most exciting thing you have experienced? What's the most beautiful one? Anything else you'll remember forever about nature?

Caseryn
03-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Once I was in Wales. I snuck out of the house and went down to the beach. It was so beautiful. The moon reflected on the sea, and I stayed there for almost 3 hours. Then the sun came up, it was the most beautiful thing ever...

Gaming Master 2000
03-17-2013, 11:31 PM
Only a few moments ago, not even 15 minutes have passed since I saw the Northern Lights.

I would love to see the Northern (or Southern) lights. While I've seen pictures I'm sure it's nothing compared to being there in person.

Princess Zelda
03-18-2013, 09:59 AM
When me and my family would travel up north we would see them.They're so beautiful and romantic :3 The most beautiful thing I've seen in nature is a flower meadow it was so colorful and there were so many different flowers and it was teeming with life :3

UltraSound
03-19-2013, 04:56 PM
I would love to see the Northern (or Southern) lights. While I've seen pictures I'm sure it's nothing compared to being there in person.

The pictures are absolutely nothing compared to seeing them for yourself, moving around the sky as if they're dancing or something. The pictures are usually taken from the biggest lights/most colorful lights, but what I saw were only green, and rather small. Calm. :3 I stood on the sidewalk alone and stared at the sky for a few minutes. It was relaxing. :3

And Caseryn, that sounds lovely. I've lived for about 10 years by the sea, so I can imagine the feeling you've had. :3

Courtito, awww I wish I could someday see a field full of flowers too! : D

The most exciting experience I've had with nature is the time I was on a school trip thingy. We were going to stay over night at a farm! There were 30 students + me in that trip. It was 11PM, and the teacher had told us to stay inside and go to sleep, and we weren't allowed to go outside after 10PM. We, of course, didn't listen to him. What we did was we snuck out and started adventuring. Soon, we noticed one of us was missing, and we started looking for her. We had a dog with us, called Simu. When we were getting near the forest near the far, Simu ran in front of us and started barking. When one of my class mates Sami tried to go around Simu, Simu would try and stop him by running in front of him. I instantly turned to my friend, and she said "He's trying to tell us something", which was exactly what I had been thinking at the exact same time. Next thing we know, THERE WAS A BEAR IN FRONT OF US D8 Naturally, we screamed and ran away. We ran to a small cottage near the forest, where our lost friend suddenly appeared after a small while. Turns out she had gone to the bathroom, but the paper had run out. :P Well, we finally went back to our own cottages, still afraid to run into a bear, but none of us didn't.

EllaJaneBinks
03-21-2013, 11:00 AM
The pictures are absolutely nothing compared to seeing them for yourself, moving around the sky as if they're dancing or something. The pictures are usually taken from the biggest lights/most colorful lights, but what I saw were only green, and rather small. Calm. :3 I stood on the sidewalk alone and stared at the sky for a few minutes. It was relaxing. :3

And Caseryn, that sounds lovely. I've lived for about 10 years by the sea, so I can imagine the feeling you've had. :3

Courtito, awww I wish I could someday see a field full of flowers too! : D

The most exciting experience I've had with nature is the time I was on a school trip thingy. We were going to stay over night at a farm! There were 30 students + me in that trip. It was 11PM, and the teacher had told us to stay inside and go to sleep, and we weren't allowed to go outside after 10PM. We, of course, didn't listen to him. What we did was we snuck out and started adventuring. Soon, we noticed one of us was missing, and we started looking for her. We had a dog with us, called Simu. When we were getting near the forest near the far, Simu ran in front of us and started barking. When one of my class mates Sami tried to go around Simu, Simu would try and stop him by running in front of him. I instantly turned to my friend, and she said "He's trying to tell us something", which was exactly what I had been thinking at the exact same time. Next thing we know, THERE WAS A BEAR IN FRONT OF US D8 Naturally, we screamed and ran away. We ran to a small cottage near the forest, where our lost friend suddenly appeared after a small while. Turns out she had gone to the bathroom, but the paper had run out. :P Well, we finally went back to our own cottages, still afraid to run into a bear, but none of us didn't.

I was under the impression it was almost impossible to outrun a bear! Has the internet been lieing to me again? :(

My most memorable experience with nature had to do with my Puppy, Eli.
It's not a beautiful memory, and one I wish hadn't ever happened. But it's something I'll never forget I guess.
Anyway, I had two dogs; A fat, greedy, naughty little Labrador named Lucky and a reserved Border Collie puppy I named Eli. Lucky was spoilt rotten as a puppy before we got him. I knew his previous owners, they were rich and gave their dogs everything. Eli on the other hand came from an evil puppy breeding farm. He had been starved of water and had arrived with flee's and worms ( sorry for the gross visual ) and was a complete mess when I got him. He was shy and hesitant but eventually warmed up to me and was the most well behaved puppy. He hardly ever barked, would always look at me with these intense, brooding eyes, and would always just come and lay his head on the corner of my bed and stare at me, watching. He was completely adorable. Needless to say I fell in love with him. The next thing I know, before I could take Eli to the vet to get his immunisations - which I believed without a doubt that he had never recieved from those disgusting farmers who just dumped him at our doorstep and left - the canine parvo virus spread quickly through my neighbourhood.
Lucky fell sick, was really ill, but thankfully recovered. I was so happy... Until Eli came down with it shortly after. He became violently ill... It wasn't like anything I'd seen before. He was way sicker than Lucky was, and I chalked it all down to the fact that Lucky was immunised but Eli was not. I was frantic. Eli would vomit up spit and dribble, he would whine so loud the neighbours could hear him and he walked around like he was in a daze. It literally broke my heart when he looked at me and I could see in his eyes that he was in a lot of pain. I cried when we took him to the vet who convinced me he had a high fever and that if he got any worse by the next day to bring him back in and she would put him on a drip.
Basically she didn't help at all, didn't even give him a shot to help him.
I took him home and watched him all night, until I finally went to bed. The next morning I woke up to him howling. It was the worst thing in the world, I think. He was the smallest little puppy. I learned from the vet and the internet that Parvo is a disease which literally kills the dogs organs from the inside, making nothing work, until the puppy pretty much just dies. When I went outside I saw him laying on his side. He had drool coming from his mouth, his was whining in pain, he didn't even have the strength to get up and poop... It was all a mess around where he was lying.. I was crying and me and my sister managed to carry him inside where I held him for what felt like ages... We rang the vet but there was simply nothing we could do. My dog was dying.... It broke my heart and I don't think I'll ever forget how much pain my dog was in when he died. He was vomitting and could hardly breathe. I kept crying and patting him and telling him I loved him, until finally his bones went stiff - it was like his body was straining incredibly hard to get something out of him, and then finally he went limp and I literally watched his life leave his eyes. It was saddest thing ever. I screamed, literally, once my boyfriend had it confirmed that he did in fact die. I was furious with everyone, and upset. I was angry because no one thought he was actually going to die. While I worried and cried everyone comforted me saying that he would be okay, but then he was gone before I realised what was happening... I sat there for ages with him and cried, telling him I wouldn't forget him. I could still feel some warmth in his body :( Anyway, point of the story is... I won't every forget it. It was an incredibly sad moment for me. It made me realise that people would think I was stupid because it was just a dog, and they are annoying and naughty and mischiveous... but when something like that happens it feels like you lost a part of your family.
We took him up to the farms, where the veiw was beautiful, and the hills and grass stretched on for miles and miles. I knew that Eli would have loved it, because he was a farming dog. He loved to run and guard his territory. He would circle the perimiter of our house like it was a flock of sheep and he just loved open farmland. When we buried him, I wrote him a note, telling him things about how he affected my life - but I didn't let anyone read it. I threw it in with him and some pretty roses that meant a lot to me when we buried him.
I know it's not ' A Most Beautiful Nature Moment', in fact, it's a pretty horrible one. But it was the most memorable and something I'll remember for a long time.
I remember being sad that I hadn't taken him to farms more often.
I remember staring at the hills and picturing Eli running through them and hoping that now he would be happy and wouldn't have to hurt anymore, especially after what he'd just been through - it gave me a great deal of comfort...

That's my most memorable nature experience.

UltraSound
03-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Wow...that sounds horrible...I can only imagine how horrible it must've felt...
I remember when my first hamster Essi died...I came from school, I was happy and energetic, eager to go out and play with the neighbours. I opened the door, and what I saw was my mother, crying her eyes out. A huge amount of panic flew right trough me, and I asked what's wrong. Mom simply walked into our living room and pointed at Essi's cage. I don't want to go too detailed, but there was blood, and she had been throwing up too. She was breathing slowly. We took her to the vet, and the vet let her out of her pain. I remember the cold feeling that came to me when I was waiting by the room where the vet was giving Essi her last treatment. It didn't last any longer than 3 seconds. I knew she had died at that very time I felt that feeling. I've had many hamsters after Essi, but I have never felt that awful feeling again, thank God for that...
It turned out that Essi was badly sick. She had cancer, tumor and a disease called "Wet tail". Well, we had a funeral for her, nowadays she's sleeping her eternal sleep in my grandma's backyard, under a great fir tree. I'll never forget her.
The most horrible moment I had with pets was when my 7 fish died (they were my very first pets) and I was burying them, I buried each of them in their own pits. When I was done, my mom asked me why didn't I bury them all in one pit, I said I wanted them all to have their own separate funeral to show respect to them. My mom said "Now they're going to be lonely, don't you think they should be together?"
Desperately, I tried digging each of them out to bring them together again, but I couldn't...I didn't find them anymore...

The Kiwi Dragon
03-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Wow...that sounds horrible...I can only imagine how horrible it must've felt...
I remember when my first hamster Essi died...I came from school, I was happy and energetic, eager to go out and play with the neighbours. I opened the door, and what I saw was my mother, crying her eyes out. A huge amount of panic flew right trough me, and I asked what's wrong. Mom simply walked into our living room and pointed at Essi's cage. I don't want to go too detailed, but there was blood, and she had been throwing up too. She was breathing slowly. We took her to the vet, and the vet let her out of her pain. I remember the cold feeling that came to me when I was waiting by the room where the vet was giving Essi her last treatment. It didn't last any longer than 3 seconds. I knew she had died at that very time I felt that feeling. I've had many hamsters after Essi, but I have never felt that awful feeling again, thank God for that...
It turned out that Essi was badly sick. She had cancer, tumor and a disease called "Wet tail". Well, we had a funeral for her, nowadays she's sleeping her eternal sleep in my grandma's backyard, under a great fir tree. I'll never forget her.
The most horrible moment I had with pets was when my 7 fish died (they were my very first pets) and I was burying them, I buried each of them in their own pits. When I was done, my mom asked me why didn't I bury them all in one pit, I said I wanted them all to have their own separate funeral to show respect to them. My mom said "Now they're going to be lonely, don't you think they should be together?"
Desperately, I tried digging each of them out to bring them together again, but I couldn't...I didn't find them anymore...

My mother's best friend's family had a cute little ginger cat named Pumpkin. Pumpkin was full of life and was so dimwitted he'd chase anything as long as he got the fun out of it. When we travelled up there to see the family, I remember my mother's friend saying to me that Pumpkin had been run over outside the farm gates, and while it upset me for a while. I sort of forgot about him then when I drove around on the quads and the 4 wheeler cab, and I was driving along the farm in the cab and I pass something. And I thought it was my imagination. But I put on the brakes and turned the wheel around and I saw a block of wood with <3 Pumpkin carved into it. And I remembered it was where Pumpkin used to catch his mice and then torment them as he tapped them with his paws and carried them in his mouth. I just sat there for a moment and smiled. I went back to drive past him everytime I visited the farm. But the last time I did that was 5 years ago. And seeing as I live in NZ now I can't really go visit him. But it still makes me smile. :)

EllaJaneBinks
03-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Animal's are beautiful, aren't they? Especially pets. They bring a lot of joy into our lives and make us smile :)

We should try and remember them all no matter how long ago we had them, because they always do funny things to make us smile!