PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 4] Good and bad memories of 2007 - 2009

cuz bruh
03-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum
So this was the first year that Pokemon was finally made for the DS. never got through the Elite Four until I was 10, so it was a really hard game, and considering since I got it the day the two games came out. Platinum was good too, and difficult. But anyway, lets get back and look at the top 10 reasons why its good, and bad.
The Pros
Good, clean graphics
Many new Pokemon to collect.
New wireless connections with other people, making life easier and cheaper.
Sound quality was right on
I noticed that Tackle, Scratch, and Pound were all really powerful, compared to the GBA versions

The Bad
Pokemon are harder to train, making the game more difficult.
Pokemon Trainers will constantly battle you
Legendarys are weaker than the ones of Red, Gold, Sapphire, and so on

VictiniBlastDP
03-19-2013, 11:44 PM
Well done first off all for completing the Elite Four, and learning as you grew into the games. But I would disagree about the Legends being the weakest. Everyone can say about graphics and the appearance of a Pokemon, but to me I enjoyed growing up with the graphics and Pokemon etc. I enjoyed the original story of Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow. I will always adore Silver as I played Silver a lot.

blaziking
03-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Being honest i never really liked these games as much as the others. They were the first ones i played after comming back to Pokemon at age 17 after a three year absence so you would think i would like them most. I didn't really like the region, the new pokemon i liked were few and far between and although the story was good i felt it was too easy. Much easier than R/S/E. The only legend i particularly liked was Darkrai and I couldn't even get it in game. I also felt these games were really really slow. The change to the DS was prob the reason and it wasn't until HG/SS that you could see it. The Saving in particular took ages. But the graphics were much better and that was different and also there was so much post game to do which was pretty cool.