PDA

View Full Version : Good Pokemon to trade via GTS and which GTS is better w/ negotiations or without?

rasieralma
03-20-2013, 10:06 PM
Now Besides Shinies and Legendaries what are good pokemon to trade in the global trade?

carcinoGeneticist
03-21-2013, 08:18 PM
There's really nothing on the GTS that is more happening than Shinies. Legendaries cause more irritance on GTS Negotiations nowadays, so I suggest you not offer any unless the other person asks for them.

However, people seem to favor trading eggs. I guess it's the thrill of not knowing what you'll get.

Bechorath
03-23-2013, 04:21 AM
I've had varied success - GTS is good for getting specific pokemon if you're willing to wait a day or two, and as long as the trades are feasible and reasonable. GTS negotiations are much better for more broad deals, like trading shinies.

Through the GTS I've found a specific pokemon (that I won't disclose as that would mean competition ;) ) that I breed that I have continually gotten various legendaries from, which I've used to turn a 'profit' on the GTS negotiations. Contrary to what Sakuraya said, in my experience, people tend to like to trade for legendaries, as long as they aren't from generation 5, though I also like to see if the other person is interested in other things, like starters.

Other than that, I don't have much say, as that's what I've had experience with.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-25-2013, 04:31 AM
It depends on two things: What you expect in return, and what you have to offer. GTS Negotiations are better in my opinion because that way you see what you'll get before you accept a trade. You can also get shinies easier on negotiations if you have some to offer in return. The normal GTS is really only good (in my opinion) for completing the Pokedex and gathering a specific Pokemon you want/need. If you are looking for other Pokemon in general to add to your collection, most likely shiny, then negotiations are better. However, you'll find that people won't have much to offer if you have a complete Pokedex, and they can easily become dissatisfied with your offers. All in all, I just like this site's Trade Station. You can tell more details of your Pokemon and communicate with other trainers before deciding on if you will trade. It's essentially a combination of both types of GTS's, because you can offer Pokemon, but be able to negotiate for what you want in return.