PDA

View Full Version : ROM Game...

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-27-2013, 01:33 AM
I'm not sure if you've heard of a ROM hack or not, but it's basically when we edit and change a Pokemon game to essentially create our own. It's very amusing and interesting if you have the patience, and I've been making one. My main problem is that I want to incorporate all new Pokemon in this, and I can't come up with a lot!

I'm basically asking for any ideas you have as to what you think should be a Pokemon, and if it's possible for me to design it, I'll include it in my hack (and give you credit for the idea, of course)!

I attached what I have so far. Note, these are not final images. They are essentially concept art, just in sprite-form, if that makes sense...

****Looking for ideas for starters!!

EllaJaneBinks
03-28-2013, 03:32 AM
I could possibly create some sprite artworks and concept sketches for you on my 3DS with this application I have that lets me draw digital art :/ ?

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-28-2013, 10:12 PM
I could possibly create some sprite artworks and concept sketches for you on my 3DS with this application I have that lets me draw digital art :/ ?

That'd be awesome ! I actually have some sketches that I'm having trouble making into sprites; do you think you could take a look at these as well?

EllaJaneBinks
03-29-2013, 05:43 AM
That'd be awesome ! I actually have some sketches that I'm having trouble making into sprites; do you think you could take a look at these as well?

Yeah sure! I actually bought this digital art software for my 3DS but haven't had much chance to use it - other than doodling and doing sketches and stuff :) Just send them to me however you want and we'll figure something out!!

I'll create a little practice sprite and attach it here so you can see how it looks :)

Coshi360
03-29-2013, 07:51 AM
You should make like a dead spirit that is on fire or a electric crab

EllaJaneBinks
03-29-2013, 03:46 PM

Here's a Pokemon I created Lol :P I own it so nobody steal it! o.o

The Kiwi Dragon
03-30-2013, 01:30 AM

It's a martial arts bug! :D
I'm not great artwise but I can envision ideas for Pokemon and sometimes get them onto paper. I can also envision plot, character and item ideas if need be?

EllaJaneBinks
03-30-2013, 02:04 AM
It's a martial arts bug! :D
I'm not great artwise but I can envision ideas for Pokemon and sometimes get them onto paper. I can also envision plot, character and item ideas if need be?

Haha yup! He is Bug/Fighting ^.^

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-30-2013, 02:32 AM

I like it! It's really good. Do you have an e-mail address that I could send my sketches to?

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-30-2013, 02:36 AM

That's helpful! I actually have the entire plot mapped out, but ideas for characters, Pokemon, and items would be helpful! Most importantly, actually, are one-off trainers that I'm having problems with. I have plans for a lot of them but can't come up with anything. Any ideas would help!

reshilegend
03-30-2013, 03:18 PM
I have some tilesets/maps that you can use if you want. I tried mapping with advance map a long time ago and still have some routes, villages and cities that could be useful for your game. :)

Caseryn
03-30-2013, 05:27 PM
I can help with suggestions and stuff.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-30-2013, 06:32 PM
I have some tilesets/maps that you can use if you want. I tried mapping with advance map a long time ago and still have some routes, villages and cities that could be useful for your game. :)

That would be awesome!! I'd love a tileset since I can't find many I like and I'd love to see your maps!

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-30-2013, 06:33 PM
I can help with suggestions and stuff.

Suggest away ! :D

Voltaradragoness
03-30-2013, 07:04 PM
I can come up with a legendary pokemon. Want me to?

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
03-30-2013, 07:12 PM
I can come up with a legendary pokemon. Want me to?

Yep! :D Any ideas at all!

Voltaradragoness
03-30-2013, 07:16 PM
Black and yellow fox like pokemon with black feathered wings.

Caseryn
03-30-2013, 07:20 PM
What about, if at the end of the game, there's a tower, with a floor for each type? And then, on each floor, there is one trainer: The type master. And u could use people off here as well for the masters! (Such as moi! Lol! Just kidding! I suck at battles!) Or, if u like the idea of people off here being in the game, add them in!!!

Voltaradragoness
03-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Yea! Name a trainer after me! Lol and have me use and umbreon and ninetales!!

EllaJaneBinks
04-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Oh yeah sure, I'll pm it to you :) sorry for the late reply.

The Kiwi Dragon
04-14-2013, 05:19 AM
I did try my hand at a Pokemon family. I call it the 'Eye Family'.
I'll post pics of them later, but it starts with I-Eye which evolves at Level 30 into Bi-Eye. Bi-Eye has two choices of evolution: Tri-Eye which is obtained via leveling up holding a Razor Claw after Level 45. Or Fly-Eye which is obtained via leveling up while holding the Pretty Wing after Level 50.
I-Eye is Psychic/Steel with the Ability Levitate, Bi-Eye is Steel/Dark with the Ability Levitate, Tri-Eye is Dark/Electric with the ability Levitate, Fly-Eye is Electric/Steel with the Ability Levitate.

Have also given PokeDex entries to all 4. They are as follows:

Pokedex No #???: I-Eye:
Single Eye Pokemon.
Psychic/Steel.
It can change the focus of it's eye like a zoom on a camera to increase or decrease the power and range of it's attacks.

Pokedex No #???: Bi-Eye:
Uni-Lense Pokemon.
Steel/Dark.
It is merely two I-Eyes fused together by electromagnetics. The power of it's two eyes fused together is tremendous.

Pokedex No #???: Tri-Eye:
Visual Pokemon.
Dark/Electric.
It retained it's metallic body and gained multiple sword like claws in the evolution process. It tries to speedily swipe opponents as it spins through the air.

Pokedex No #???: Fly-Eye:
Winged Eye Pokemon.
Dark/Flying.
It retained it's metallic body and gained wings in the evolution process. It uses the cannons and jet engines on the wings to fire attacks while flying at high speeds.

Interestingly enough, everytime this family evolves they lose 1 type in place of a new one.

Baby Koga
04-14-2013, 02:26 PM
I don't know if you're intending on using Pokemon that also exist or not, but I have a couple ideas for evolutions and such. I'm not the best artist but I'd definitely try a hand at sketching stuff if you want to describe something to me. PM me and let me know :o

PS. Great idea! XD

reshilegend
04-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Papaya, I remade the first town with the new tiles. I can send you the image if you want.
Still working on the other maps ;)

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
04-14-2013, 04:23 PM
I don't know if you're intending on using Pokemon that also exist or not, but I have a couple ideas for evolutions and such. I'm not the best artist but I'd definitely try a hand at sketching stuff if you want to describe something to me. PM me and let me know :o

PS. Great idea! XD

I'll be using some existing Pokemon, like Skarmory, and giving them baby forms and such xD Lol if you come up with any ideas I can try to create most of them

Lunar_Clipse
04-24-2013, 02:27 AM
can you make a raineon rainbow type check my profile for pics

reshilegend
05-01-2013, 05:33 PM
For those who are interested, here you can see the graphical update in a couple of screenshots. Can't really make them larger but I hope you get an idea of what it will look like :)

ShadowPhoenix
05-04-2013, 10:40 PM
I'll come up with some gym leaders and for the tower idea, could I be set up as the fire/dragon with the name Shadow(whichever is open)

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
05-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Lol need ideas for starters! Can't think of anything good..

reshilegend
05-05-2013, 08:50 PM
A dolphin, a lion and a koala xD

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
05-08-2013, 11:56 PM
I found someone on DeviantArt (Endrasa) and they've agreed to help with sprites! :D Here are two new sprites (s)he sent me!

These Pokemon will appear in the game. Thunper - Static Pokemon - Normal/Electric and Blecholl - Gray Pokemon - Ghost

Waveon
08-10-2013, 05:37 AM
that one pile of dirt reminds me of buried alive for some reason...

VikeTheGiratina
09-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Maybe a grass type named Treeleaf?

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
09-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Possibly ^^

To anyone that wants to continue following the hack, the primary thread is now here:
http://lakevalor.net/forums/index.php?/topic/2519-pokemon-shining-watershazing-flames/

If anyone wants to follow the hack from now on, they should click this link ^^

Rip Snorting
09-08-2013, 05:13 AM
Will anyone help me create a hack for ruby that my friend is makeing, we only have 3 people so we need just a bit more :D

reshilegend
09-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Will anyone help me create a hack for ruby that my friend is makeing, we only have 3 people so we need just a bit more :D

You could try other forums like Pokecommunity, that's the place where ROM hacking is more common. Good luck with your friend's hack!

Eric Cartman
09-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Hi all,
Do you want to create a pokemon game with me? See here for more details: http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?5149-GameMaker-Pokemon-game!

Rip Snorting
09-08-2013, 04:13 PM
You could try other forums like Pokecommunity, that's the place where ROM hacking is more common. Good luck with your friend's hack!

Thanks