PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Collaborators!

Nekodah
03-30-2013, 05:10 AM
Hello,

For anyone who doesn't know, I'm Neko, the Inevitable/Indomitable/Inscrutable. I'm studying to become a writer, and am always looking for new chances to spread my knowledge and my writings talents. Some of you may be familiar with my Pokemon fanfic being posted on this site, known as Run, though it is currently on hiatus. While I begin to work on it again, I am interested in starting another project on this site; which is where you all come in.

I am interested in starting a collaborative project with some of the authors on this site. A sort-of, multiple character, multiple writer, multiple plot stories. A chance for us as authors to experiment and think on our toes, having to work with other authors to develop our ideas on the fly. As far as a general plot to begin with, I have not decided on anything because I don't know who would be interested yet.

So; anyone interested?

Dhomie
03-30-2013, 05:47 AM
I think I will give it a shot. Im not one of the best authors but i will try

The Kiwi Dragon
03-30-2013, 06:03 AM
Hello,

For anyone who doesn't know, I'm Neko, the Inevitable/Indomitable/Inscrutable. I'm studying to become a writer, and am always looking for new chances to spread my knowledge and my writings talents. Some of you may be familiar with my Pokemon fanfic being posted on this site, known as Run, though it is currently on hiatus. While I begin to work on it again, I am interested in starting another project on this site; which is where you all come in.

I am interested in starting a collaborative project with some of the authors on this site. A sort-of, multiple character, multiple writer, multiple plot stories. A chance for us as authors to experiment and think on our toes, having to work with other authors to develop our ideas on the fly. As far as a general plot to begin with, I have not decided on anything because I don't know who would be interested yet.

So; anyone interested?

I've been waiting for a collab! :D Of course I'll join! :)

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-30-2013, 08:57 AM
I guess

GreyMatterist7
03-30-2013, 12:49 PM
Yeah me too!

Baby Koga
03-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Sounds interesting. I'll give it a shot

Nekodah
03-30-2013, 08:18 PM
Next question then: How do we want to organize this? For starters:

-What sort of story do we want to write?
Obviously it will be Pokemon based, but do we want to write a more traditional Pokemon story, or something with a less traditional plot? Or do we want to start with some sort of plot concept, and let the story develop as we all work on it? What starting plot point do we want to start with?

-How will we organize it?
I'm thinking that I will set up a Google Account dedicated to the collaboration, and use it to host the Chapters we write. I then will link them to Pokebay. If that works, our collaborators will email their chapters to that account to be posted. But how do we want to decide who writes what? Should we work on one chapter at a time, one person writing the next chapter, and then when that persons done we let someone else write the next chapter? Or do we work together on each chapter, and no one really writes anything without the others? How long should these chapters be?

-What sort of rules do we want?
Who can contribute? What royalties will we allow with each others characters? Should we be asking permission before we do anything with another persons character? Part of the idea of working on a collaboration is to encourage us to think on our toes and work with others ideas, but where will that line fall? Some of our writers have a habit for killing characters off, after all (myself included).

-What's Canon?
This is both the most important and least important question. What are we accepting as true in our story? Are the events of the game all true? What about the spin-off games? The anime? And when will this story be based in relation to any of the events we may be accepting as true? Finally, for those of us who are already writing fanfics on this site, are our stories canon? While this collaboration might not be canon within our own stories, should we accept that any events in those stories may have or may in the future come to pass? What about characters that we are familiar with from one story to another?

I can prepare a quick little sandbox plot to start depending on who is interested, but I would like to hear from those who are interested and set these ground rules before we get started. Let me know what you all think!

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-30-2013, 11:47 PM
I think I'd personally be more comfortable with a traditional plot, and I think it'd resonate with people better, but if the less traditional idea is really addicting and strong enough, I'm down for it. Maybe something with a blend. A new take on a traditional standing. Not sure what to be honest... Not yet at least.

I like the idea of everyone working on a chapter as they go along. I do one, you do one, he does one, she does one, etc. I think in the end, we should all see the chapter before it's published though. Just to make sure of consistencies and maybe a tiny bit of input that does NOT have to be added on if the original writer of that chapter doesn't want it in there.

As far as rules, we should have free control over whatever we'd like, but as writers, we need to see the big picture. Maybe a character gets killed off, but can we understand and appreciate the necessity of it? Same goes for not killing a character off. Let's say I want to kill off something or someone; I should look at it and understand this character's role and the fact that it may not be required to kill him or her off. We all should understand each other's perspective and truly have a good reason to make anything drastic, and also accept that sometimes drastic things must be done. I think if we write chapters, we have control during our turn to write over the fate of all the characters, but that's a responsibility, moreso in a group writing than if it were our own story. In our own story, anything goes. In a group writing, I think it should be a bit more respectful in a sense.

Canon was also on my mind, too. I think we should do whatever we want, but agree upon our own set rules. Whether it's anime, game, or whatever, let's just make sure we agree on whatever we want and include everyone's thoughts.

That's my piece.

Dhomie
03-31-2013, 05:55 AM
I think we should do like a more traditional with a twist of some sort that will keep our readers hooked. I also agree with oak about the rules. For canon maby we should pick one that seemed to be the most realistic in pokemon.

EllaJaneBinks
04-03-2013, 11:18 AM
I've been considering this.. but I'm just not the best at writing about Pokemon overall. Sure, I can manage to spin enough to satisfy - but I'm a much better writer in respects to describing personal emotion.

I love writing descriptively about the people and the places they live in, trying to paint and portray it in a way so that they can actually come alive in your head. Plus, I like action, twists and dramatic scenes. Also I couldn't really write a story if it didn't involve some personal chemistry between the characters - like genuinely described love and hate.

For the most part I don't think I could contribute to this Pokemon-wise, although I love Pokemon with all my heart. But I do think that I would be able to help by giving it my own descriptive touch and nothing would make me happier than to do that. I really enjoy writing about the characters feelings and that sort of thing.

Also, I have actually been thinking how great it would be to write a story with Butters, Gary and myself collaborating - plus everyone else. I think it is a really great idea and cudo's to Neko for posting it on here :)

Dhomie
05-24-2013, 05:10 PM
So....when do we get this show on the road

GreyMatterist7
07-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Yeah i for one am really excited

Nekodah
07-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Well, now that I am around more often, I would be interested in getting this show on the road. Everyone interested in collaborating send me a private message, and I'll determine how we are starting this. Again, if anyone has any ideas for general plot and such, feel free to post them here.

Dhomie
07-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Got it

Cotton Candy
07-24-2013, 12:45 AM
I could give it a go ^w^ It's ny fav school subject