PDA

View Full Version : MewTHREE/New Mewtwo form?!?!

Mourad
04-04-2013, 07:20 AM
Hey guys, there are HUGE rumors going around that Mewtwo will have new forms or be an entirely different pokemon altogether! Anyone have any info they can post on here to tell me more and if this is real or not? D:

Here is the link that I've seen. The new "form" should also make an appearance in the new movie as well!
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1874244/godspeed_mewtwo_form_leaked_two_new_mewtwo_pokemon _x_y_forms.html

The Kiwi Dragon
04-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Godspeed is basically is what you'd get if you translated 'ExtremeSpeed' from Japanese. This of course comes from the film, 'ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo's Reawakening' so I'd highly doubt these rumours are true. Just more speculation IMO.

Caseryn
04-04-2013, 03:31 PM
I found a picture of this "New form"

It's on my group.

Link: http://www.pokebay.com/forums/group.php?do=picture&groupid=554&attachmentid=4744

Hope this helped! XD

GaryEhffinJoaker
04-04-2013, 08:07 PM
They're rumors and it does seem a bit fake tbh BUT f you check out the news about the upcoming Genesect movie, it says something in Japanese about us not knowing the "real" mewtwo yet and that Mewtwo has changed a lot since his last two movies so who knows what he's been through.

Gaming Master 2000
04-04-2013, 10:44 PM
I would tend to doubt a new in-game form of MewTwo as it's been too long since MewTwo was released with no changes. Plus for those of us who don't keep up with the Anime/Movie it would make very little sense.

MewThree honestly sounds rediculous to me. Mew & MewTwo makes sense given the story (in both the games and the anime) but again, after all this time to have either 1) another clone of Mew or 2) a clone of MewTwo would seem like GameFreak are really reaching for ideas.

Just my opinion, obviously I have no idea what will/won't be in the game.

Caseryn
04-05-2013, 12:05 AM
Sorry that the pictures in black and white! Mewtwos new form is in the background.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
04-05-2013, 12:14 AM
New form, new mewtwo, or rumor, either way, there is an odd picture on Serebii that shows what I think may just be another addition to the Mew family. Nothing confirmed yet, and I think we all agree that Serebii is a reliable source.
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
Speculate!

Mourad
04-05-2013, 07:48 AM
I welcome the idea of it! :D Some of my friends don't and seem to think of it as a "cop out" to bring back old fans of pokemon. I see it as a way to make Mewtwo more relevant in competitive play! Either way it could just be all a lie, regardless I think it's safe to say that I will be watching this move. lolz

EllaJaneBinks
04-05-2013, 08:37 AM
If that's a new form of Mewtwo - I have to say that I like it much better than the original one :) It looks less scary and alien like to me.

reshilegend
04-05-2013, 03:54 PM
If that's a new form of Mewtwo - I have to say that I like it much better than the original one :) It looks less scary and alien like to me.

I think the new form (if it is real) doesn't look as good as original mewtwo. Don't get me wrong I love the idea of new forms but this looks so... unproportional. The head is way too large compared to the body imo.
The head reminds me of this here (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071118190427/anime/de/images/d/dd/Boo1.jpg) for some reason.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
04-05-2013, 06:47 PM

I like it so much better too! Lol it looks like an actual alien imo, but definitely scarier O.o It looks like it would abduct me and slowly dissect me O.o At least regular Mewtwo looks like it would be quick and painless...

Gaming Master 2000
04-05-2013, 10:43 PM
I would much prefer this to be an evolution of MewTwo as opposed to a new form or new separate Pokemon. I was thinking about legendary Pokemon evolving the other day wondering how long it would be before Nintendo got one in that evolved. Who better than the original genetically modified Pokemon?

GaryEhffinJoaker
04-05-2013, 11:00 PM
I guess evolving Pokemon seems liked a possible direction. Manaphy can breed. (yes, I know they breed Phione :/ ) Phione can be considered an legendary in some sense, and can breed, Heatran have genders. It's possible... I don't think it is an evolution though. The more I look up the facts, that the trailer says we apparently don't know the "real" Mewtwo and how he's changed since his last movies, the more these new pictures seem to be more and more likely true. Plus that revelation of new Pokemon coming out in The coming week... The anticipation... >.<

Caseryn
04-07-2013, 12:32 AM
The whole point of a legendary Pokémon, is that there's only ONE. However, in the anime, it gas been hinted that there are more legendary Pokémon than you think. So, why not let THEM evolve?

reshilegend
04-07-2013, 11:16 AM
So yeah, since it's confirmed now I have to say it looks way better in battle than on that poster. Sugimori artwork is kinda nice as well.
I think I could get used to it.
What surprises me is that no name was revealed, seems like they want to push the speculation about it. (New form or entirely new pokemon).
I really can't imagine evolved legendaries though. In the past we always had forms and I kinda liked the idea. We'll see.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
04-07-2013, 06:32 PM
The leaked poster images labels it as Mewtwo's "Eclair Forme", so I'll take it as fact for the time being. And I'll assume that this forme will be more defense-oriented, since Mewtwo as it is is very attack-oriented.

Arrogant Watermelon
04-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Godspeed is basically is what you'd get if you translated 'ExtremeSpeed' from Japanese. This of course comes from the film, 'ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo's Reawakening' so I'd highly doubt these rumours are true. Just more speculation IMO.

Ha. You were wrong XD

GaryEhffinJoaker
04-08-2013, 02:03 AM
Ha. You were wrong XD

He isn't really wrong since he used the words "doubt" and "IMO." Had he said the rumors are completely, undoubtedly false or he knows for a fact that it's incorrect that'd be one thing, but he didn't. js

The Kiwi Dragon
04-08-2013, 04:41 AM
Ha. You were wrong XD
I never said this was 'definitely' fake. I didn't believe that it was real so it's my opinion. Personally, I'm allowed to have my own right to say what I want without having to have someone who clearly lacks the maturity of their age to state 'Ha! You were wrong!'
And besides, at least I put my own opinion in here so that others could either agree or disagree. So really you can't 'ha' me if you actually made no opinion of it whatsoever. Also what a way to ruin the flow of a good thread, so I've gotta congratulate you for that.

He isn't really wrong since he used the words "doubt" and "IMO." Had he said the rumors are completely, undoubtedly false or he knows for a fact that it's incorrect that'd be one thing, but he didn't. js
Exactly. Unlike Pokegod you actually looked back at what I said and didn't automatically go 'Ha!' for being wrong. And as I said it's my opinion and whether or not I'm right it is only my opinion and not a reliable statement. But thank you anyway for at least having the consideration to go back through what I've said. Unlike some people.

Pikachu2000
04-08-2013, 11:12 AM
ahhh all said and well but isnt ditto a failed mew eperiment making him mew 3 in a way

GaryEhffinJoaker
04-08-2013, 11:58 AM
ahhh all said and well but isnt ditto a failed mew eperiment making him mew 3 in a way

No... Ditto isn't...

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
04-08-2013, 08:49 PM

Ditto is a clump of cells that lack a definite molecular make-up, so it is therefore just a freak of nature that has no shape, and can therefore take any shape.

Caseryn
04-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Ditto is a blob. How DARE you disrespect blobs! >:-(

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
04-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Ditto is a blob. How DARE you disrespect blobs! >:-(

No offense to Ditto.. lol it's an awesome.. blob

Caseryn
04-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Good. Because I love ditto's. XD *Hugs ditto*

Gaming Master 2000
04-08-2013, 09:56 PM
I got the press release I was expecting (it came a day later because I forgot it's a U.S. company that doesn't work weekends :p). Unfortunately there's no new info, just says what's on pokemon.com which is a little disappointing as I was hoping for a little more clarification.

The Screenshots (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/content.php?22-x-y-screenshots) section of the news has been updated with screenshots of the new mewtwo in action.

Also, the New Pokemon (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/content.php?16-new-pokemon) section of the news has had a better quality picture of new Mewtwo (one sent with the press release) added for those interested.

kakari
04-09-2013, 12:00 AM
I think this ugly form of mewtwo is real here have a look at my link

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013/04/08/x-and-y-mystery-pokemon-looks-a-lot-like-mewtwo/

GaryEhffinJoaker
04-09-2013, 12:24 AM
I think this ugly form of mewtwo is real here have a look at my link

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013/04/08/x-and-y-mystery-pokemon-looks-a-lot-like-mewtwo/

that's the same thing shown in this thread and in the News section of the site... js

UltraSound
04-09-2013, 06:10 AM

...you think the new mewtwo looks LESS like an alien? When I first saw the new mewtwo I thought it was a pokemon version of a xenomorph or something like that...the normal mewtwo looks like a POKEMON, this one here looks like an alien.

Mew number 10000000
04-11-2013, 03:38 PM
So far every legendary pokemon has had their own movie. If there was a new form, the creators of the game would say they're making a new movie.

The Kiwi Dragon
04-11-2013, 06:51 PM
So far every legendary pokemon has had their own movie. If there was a new form, the creators of the game would say they're making a new movie.

Well it's real now. And it features in the 16th movie so, yeah.

Caseryn
04-11-2013, 07:03 PM
It's not just called "Extremespeed genesect" it's called "Extremespeed genesect: Mewtwo's reawakening" besides, when Keldeo changes forms, it's still called Keldeo. Maybe we should think of newmew as mewtwo's "Resolute form" and yes, I do currently believe it will be a form Change. I love changing Pokémon's forms, Meloetta and Keldeo's were the best. :-)

GaryEhffinJoaker
04-11-2013, 11:45 PM

Ho-Oh, Groudon (it was a fake, not a real one, so this is arguable), Azelf, Mespirit, Uxie, Cresselia, Phione(can be considered a legend. Arguable), Heatran, Landorus, Tornadus, Thundurus, and Meloetta were not in any movies, for starters.

Second of all, Mewtwo will be in the new Genesect movie.

Thirdly, a new form doesn't indicate a new movie, for the reason I listed in the first thing I mentioned.

ZoruaBoo
04-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Personally, I think we've had enough 'form changing' from gen 5, that seemed to be the theme with the legendaries in that game. I'm hoping this new Mew (Mewthree??) will be a female version of Mewtwo, it looks pretty feminine compared to Mewtwo, it is also smaller and less stocky.

Fennelito'sHelp
04-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Personally, I think we've had enough 'form changing' from gen 5, that seemed to be the theme with the legendaries in that game. I'm hoping this new Mew (Mewthree??) will be a female version of Mewtwo, it looks pretty feminine compared to Mewtwo, it is also smaller and less stocky.

Ugh. A female mewtwo might just be stupid enough to drive me away

ZoruaBoo
04-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Ugh. A female mewtwo might just be stupid enough to drive me away

Stupid? C'mon, Mewtwo upgrade is a female, what could be better? ;) But seriously, look at it. You can't say that doesn't look female, in all honesty, whether you like it or not.

Fennelito'sHelp
04-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Stupid? C'mon, Mewtwo upgrade is a female, what could be better? ;) But seriously, look at it. You can't say that doesn't look female, in all honesty, whether you like it or not.

In all honesty I must say I don't see the femininity in it, personally. I hope they don't make it female...

Keitaro787
04-13-2013, 05:32 AM
Ho-Oh, Groudon (it was a fake, not a real one, so this is arguable), Azelf, Mespirit, Uxie, Cresselia, Phione(can be considered a legend. Arguable), Heatran, Landorus, Tornadus, Thundurus, and Meloetta were not in any movies, for starters.

Second of all, Mewtwo will be in the new Genesect movie.

Thirdly, a new form doesn't indicate a new movie, for the reason I listed in the first thing I mentioned.

Actually Heatran was it was just a slave Pokemon in Arceus and the Jewel of Life in thepast it didn't seem like much of a legendary in that movie though.

GaryEhffinJoaker
04-13-2013, 06:05 AM
Actually Heatran was it was just a slave Pokemon in Arceus and the Jewel of Life in thepast it didn't seem like much of a legendary in that movie though.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

Regular Mewtwo and then a female Mewtwo... I will disown Mewtwo as my favorite Pokemon if they tried something like that. :/

ZoruaBoo
04-13-2013, 10:46 AM
In all honesty I must say I don't see the femininity in it, personally. I hope they don't make it female...

Pffff... I was just speculating. Anyway, they'll probably make it genderless like most legends.

Caseryn
04-13-2013, 10:48 AM
What about Heatran? i've been waiting for another pokemon like him... (Or her, lol)

reshilegend
04-13-2013, 12:53 PM
http://pokebeach.com/2013/04/corocoro-leaks-confirms-new-mewtwo-forme
So it's just a new form and not an entirely new pokemon. That doesn't really surprise me, they called kyurem's forms "new pokemon" too.
I hope it's a defensive form, I really doubt it has high physical attack because they showed many special moves in the trailer.
Maybe the japanese mewtwo event triggers something in XY when you transfer it (like the celebi event when gen 5 came out).

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
04-14-2013, 12:40 PM
http://pokebeach.com/2013/04/corocoro-leaks-confirms-new-mewtwo-forme
So it's just a new form and not an entirely new pokemon. That doesn't really surprise me, they called kyurem's forms "new pokemon" too.
I hope it's a defensive form, I really doubt it has high physical attack because they showed many special moves in the trailer.
Maybe the japanese mewtwo event triggers something in XY when you transfer it (like the celebi event when gen 5 came out).

I'm thinking either it's more defensive, or has higher Special Attack and Speed but lower defenses.

Nervyr
04-16-2013, 08:03 AM
I'm just going to through it out there that Mewtrio sounds better than mewthree

Coshi360
04-18-2013, 09:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rTyPZGdEyyc watch this this video till the end :)

The Kiwi Dragon
04-18-2013, 09:55 AM
I don't mean to be rude, but this has already been covered in the news. Twice.

Coshi360
04-18-2013, 10:04 AM
oh :p

Cotton Candy
04-18-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm tired of forms :p

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
04-18-2013, 09:18 PM
On a different, but similar subject, we need more Transform Pokemon! Mew and Ditto are not enough.

reshilegend
04-18-2013, 09:32 PM
On a different, but similar subject, we need more Transform Pokemon! Mew and Ditto are not enough.

Don't forget Smeargle lol

Coshi360
04-19-2013, 03:28 AM
or zoura and zoroark :)

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
04-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Don't forget Smeargle lol

Actually Sketch cannot copy Transform ;D

ShadowPhoenix
04-20-2013, 10:22 AM
just reading the first 15 messages. it's real, the new form.

reshilegend
04-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Actually Sketch cannot copy Transform ;D

Yes it can since Gen 3. :P