PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: Before Ash

cuz bruh
04-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Samuel Oak woke up one morning at around five because he was excited to leave on his Pokemon Journey. He had already decided on the Pokemon he wanted-a Charmander. There was just something about Charmander that he had liked since he was about five years old. Now that he was twelve, he was allowed to get a Pokemon. He had been ready to leave home for about two years now. Sam had decided if he ever distributed Pokemon, he would lower the age for trainers to start out. But for now, he was ecstatic to leave on his Pokemon journey.

He had already packed up his backpack the night before, and practiced opening and closing the Pokeball made from apricorns. He double checked his backpack to make sure he had everything. He immediately got dressed as fast as he could and raced down the stairs. He put his shoes on and stared at the clock. It was only five thirty. He would have to wait until seven to go to the small lab on the east side of Pallet Town to get his new Charmander. But he planned to leave early so that he could get that Charmander and not some other Pokemon. "What are you doing up so early, Sammy?" His mother entered the kitchen where he sat, staring at the clock on the wall.

"Oh, sorry, did I wake you up?" He smiled up at his mother who was in her robe and slippers. She yawned before responding to his question.

"Yes, you did. But I know you've been excited for the past few days." She sat down next to him at the island in the kitchen.

"Sorry." Sam said and then looked back at the clock on the wall, watching the second hand tick slowly.

"Staring at the clock will just make time go by slower." His mother said and stood up to make herself some coffee. "Did you eat any breakfast?"

"No I didn't." Sam said. He hadn't even felt hungry when he woke up, but now that she mentioned it, he could feel the emptiness in his stomach.

"Pancakes sound good?"

"Is there enough time?" Sam panicked.

"Of course there is." His mother smiled and began to make him breakfast. Sam watched his mother make the pancakes, adding the flour, eggs, and butter and some milk from the glass bottle. He noticed that she used the last of the milk for the week. He didn't want to say anything because he knew his mother wouldn't care that there wouldn't be any milk left. "So I heard that your friend…what was it…Zinnia will be leaving on a journey today."

"Please," Sam said after taking a sip of his orange juice. "I doubt she'll even make it to the lab in time. Besides, girls aren't supposed to go on Pokemon journeys."

"Well said son." His father entered the kitchen taking a seat next to his son. "If I had a daughter, I wouldn't let her leave on a journey. It's too dangerous if you ask me."

"Well, I think it's a good thing that she's going to be a Pokemon trainer. Girls need to be more proactive these days." His mother said.

"Sorry mom. I guess if anyone could do it, it's Zinnia." Sam said and began to eat his pancakes after drenching them with syrup.

"Easy on the syrup sweetie. The last thing you need is a stomach ache."

"So son, what Pokemon are you going to choose?" His father asked in between bites.

"Charmander." Sam said, putting his fork down to talk about his journey. "And once I leave on my journey, I'm going to catch a whole bunch of Pokemon, you'll see."

"Just remember you can only have six with you at a time, so choose wisely." His mother said and sat down with her family, slowly drinking her coffee.

"Yeah that's true." Sam said. "But I'll catch a team of awesome Pokemon and raise them to beat all of the gym leaders in the Kanto region and then I'll go onto the Pokemon League and beat the champion Neal. You'll see."

"I'm sure you will, Sammy." His mother smiled. "But even if you don't win, you will always be mommy's little butterscotch."

"Mom!" Sammy exclaimed. "Don't call me that!"

"Oh, would you look at the time. You'll want to leave now if you want to get there bright and early." His mother said. Before he departed from home, he said good bye to his parents and gave them one last hug before he'd leave. He promised that he'd be a great Pokemon master someday and he'll be back before they knew it. Of course, his emotional mother cried some happy tears when he left home.

Sam walked on the path to the small lab that distributed Pokemon. It would be a twenty minute walk from his house, but that didn't bother him. He was too excited. He thought about the Charmander and smiled. He would really be the best Pokemon Trainer with the fire type. "Hey, wait up Sammy!" He heard a voice shout after him. He looked behind him and saw it was Zinnia running to catch up after him. He stopped so they could walk together. "I can't believe we get to leave on our journey today! Isn't it so exciting?"

"Of course it is! I can't wait to get my Charmander!" He exclaimed.

"I know, I know. You've been saying that all week." Zinnia said.

"Well, Charmanders are cool."

"Please, you just want a Charizard." She giggled.

"Which Pokemon do you want?" Sam asked, not wanting to start a fight with her.

"Umm, I think I want Squirtle."

"You think? You have to know these things." He countered.

"Hey, it depends which one I bond with. Unlike you, I don't decide based on looks or their evolved forms. I want a Pokemon that I can have a connection with." Zinnia explained.

"I never thought of it like that." Sam said and continued to walk towards the small laboratory. He saw it in the distance and made a run for it, forgetting about his companion.

"Hey Sammy you better wait for me!" She yelled and ran after him. She easily caught up to him.

"You're a fast runner for a girl." He laughed.

"Then that must mean you're a slow runner for a boy." She smirked and passed him, beating him to the door. Unlike most girls, Zinnia wore shorts that fell just above her knees with a simple t-shirt. She wore her long dark indigo hair in a ponytail. She always wore earrings though along with a pink bracelet, showing that she still had a girly side to her. Zinnia was a major tomboy. Ever since Sam could remember, she had always preferred to run around and get dirty playing in the mud with boys instead of playing in fake kitchens or sewing quilts. That was why he was so comfortable around her. She was easygoing, but competitive. Sam couldn't remember the last time he even saw her in a dress.

"Well hello there." Professor Beachwood said and let in the two future Pokemon Trainers. He was old, probably in his sixties. He was well respected and focused his studies on the relationships formed between Pokemon and their trainers. Sam had read almost every one of his books.

"Hi I'm Sam and this is Zinnia." He introduced himself to the Professor.

"Very well. Come on in you two. You're here a bit early, aren't you?"

"Yeah. I really want Charmander so I thought that I'd get here before anyone else could take it." Sam explained as he was taken into the room with the small Pokemon that were wandering about.

"Well, here's Charmander." Beachwood said and smiled. Sam could tell that this would be the Pokemon he would raise and battle with. And besides, it seemed to like him anyway.

"You want to come with me on my journey, Charmander?" He knelt down on one knee.

"Char char!" It said happily and jumped in his arms. He turned over to Zinnia who was playing with Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

"Which one are you going to choose, Zinnia?" Sam asked.

"Oh, you were looking to choose a starter Pokemon too?" Beachwood asked with a surprised look on his face. "I'm sorry, but only boys can legally receive a starter Pokemon. Too many liabilities come with a girl."

"What do you mean?" Zinnia stood up and glared at him.

"Well, when girls go on journeys, they tend to get raped or hurt and I'd be the one who ends up getting sued by the parents." The professor explained.

"So she can't get a Pokemon from you?" Sam asked, very surprised.

"No she can't. I'm sorry, but those are the rules."

"That's so not fair!" Zinnia stomped her foot on the ground.

The two were kicked out of the lab after Zinnia's temper tantrum. It was understandable, because it wasn't fair that she couldn't get a starter Pokemon of her own. He looked down at Charmander and wished that Zinnia actually had a Squirtle or Bulbasaur walking beside her. He was actually looking forward to her receiving a Pokemon because they could battle together. She continued to walk with him to the edge of Pallet Town before stepping into Route One. "This is so not fair." She said. "Just because I don't have something dangling between my legs, I don't get a Pokemon. I hate Professor Beachwood, that sexist pig." She kicked a rock out of frustration. Sam didn't like seeing her like this. She was actually crying, something he thought she was incapable of.

"Yeah, it really isn't fair." He commented and brought her into a hug with one arm. He broke it after an awkward thirty seconds.

"Now I guess I have to go back home and while you're champion and travelling around the world, I'll probably be a housewife and have a dozen children by then." She sighed as she sat down on a large boulder. "See enough and travel enough for the both of us, okay?"

"Not okay." Sam said with a serious face.

"What are you getting at?" She asked him.

"I want you to come travel with me." He offered.

"But I don't have a Pokemon." She said.

"Just because you don't have a Pokemon doesn't mean that you can't travel around the region." Sam said.

"I guess you're right." She wiped away her tears. He gave her his hand, which she took, and helped her up. "Look at me." She laughed. "I probably look ridiculous."

"That you do my friend." He smirked at her. "Come on, let's start this journey together!"

cuz bruh
04-04-2013, 10:56 PM
My favorite fanfic yet that I have made