PDA

View Full Version : Yveltal and Xerneas, comments and hate

Zrkome
05-06-2013, 07:00 AM
Hello people, I have decided to do a poll and comment section about Yveltal and Xerneas. I have been surfing the web for a while now and I've seen that Yveltal has OBVIOUSLY been played as the favourite out of the two, but I've got to say that a giant epic black and red bird-thingy looks way better than a deer with an X as it's horns. But what would be shocking is if Xerneas turns out to be more powerful than Yveltal, that would turn a lot of tables. I have seen the art design on both pokemon and they are actually pretty awesome, the only other thing I have to add is that Yveltal LOOKS like a legendary pokemon while Xerneas is like sawsbuck that got major weight-loss and put on some over-sized horns. So now, I would like to see the public verdict of this great (possibly) debate, I want all of it, every single detail and info you have about these two and then use that to possibly change my mind on the subject that Xerneas is the lesser pokemon and is not even with Yveltal.:cool:

fluffyjellyfish
05-06-2013, 07:10 AM
I personally have no preference between the two, I tend to think of yveltal as the awesome one and xerneas as the elegant one just like I thought of reshiram being elegant and zekrom being awesome. I did however decide to preorder X because my cousin is preodering y and we tend to help each other out with the version exclusive stuff

Caseryn
05-06-2013, 07:20 AM
In my opinion, I think I prefer Xerneas. To me, Yvetal's design looks kind of Cartoon-y. But hey, that's just me. I'm going to get X, simply because I prefer Xerneas. Maybe Yvetal is more powerful, or maybe Xerneas is. We won't know until:

A. New info is released
Or
B. The games are released.

Until then, it isn't really fair to start deciding with the small amount of information we have. To quote Virizion from "PMD: Gates to Infinity"

"Speculating about it isn't going to give us any answers."

Zrkome
05-06-2013, 08:17 AM
I personally have no preference between the two, I tend to think of yveltal as the awesome one and xerneas as the elegant one just like I thought of reshiram being elegant and zekrom being awesome.
Yeah, I actually haven't thought about it like that before, and I think it's a great view at the legendary pokemon and I think it's been like that ever since pokemon red and blue.
I did however decide to preorder X because my cousin is preodering y and we tend to help each other out with the version exclusive stuff.
I'm actually planning to do something like that with a friend of mine at school, but he wants pokemon Y as well....

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
05-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Personally I like Xerneas better based off of it's appearance, and that's actually a big part of me deciding on who to use on my team. My guess is that Yveltal is Flying/Fire and Xerneas is Rock/Psychic, and that would also give Xerneas an advantage if it was true. I get the feeling though that if there was a type disadvantage like that, they'd probably push Yveltal's stats through the roof in comparison to give it a chance. I'm also guessing Yveltal will be faster while Xerneas is more Defensive.

fluffyjellyfish
05-06-2013, 04:19 PM
well perhaps not, because rembering groudon and kyogre, groudon had a big disadvantage against kyogre (typewise and that he was faster so kyogre's ability would activate last and that would take effect for the whole battle boosting kyogre's strength) and all they gave him to make sure he wasn't totally disadvantaged was a single grass type attack (solarbeam). He didn't get any particular stat boosting so whenever you pit him up against kyogre, he gets completely destroyed. I fear that it'll probably be the same case with yveltal and xerneas if yveltal ends up with a type disadvantage.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
05-06-2013, 10:21 PM
well perhaps not, because rembering groudon and kyogre, groudon had a big disadvantage against kyogre (typewise and that he was faster so kyogre's ability would activate last and that would take effect for the whole battle boosting kyogre's strength) and all they gave him to make sure he wasn't totally disadvantaged was a single grass type attack (solarbeam). He didn't get any particular stat boosting so whenever you pit him up against kyogre, he gets completely destroyed. I fear that it'll probably be the same case with yveltal and xerneas if yveltal ends up with a type disadvantage.

Well if it is the same case, Yveltal will get a little niche. Remember that when you put Drought and Drizzle out at the same time, the slower one stays in effect, so Groudon would get it's Sunlight, meaning Kyogre's Water STAB is weakened and Solarbeam is full-power and charges in one turn. So if it lasts one round against Kyogre, it'll win after it's Solarbeam. That is besides the fact that they have the same base Speed stat. Aside from this, if they were to have advantageous movesets against each other, Groudon has good Physical attack and poor Special Defense while Kyogre has good Special Attack and poor Physical Defense, making them an equal match. Byt they're typing is just an advantage, there's a relation between them. The elements of Earth, Sea, and Air of some religions are represented and therefore their typing makes sense, also explaning a Solarbeam-capable Groudon. Basically, Xerneas might have "equal odds" not taking into account STAB, but if Yveltal did get a powerful move to counter it, it still wouldn't matter because of Xerneas' STAB attacks.

Zrkome
05-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Oh it ended, I brought popcorn XD

Zrkome
05-10-2013, 11:51 AM
And apparently, Yveltal will be maybe something like dark flying and xerneas being grass rock or maybe even the new (rumored) light type.

Vivillon
05-15-2013, 06:55 AM
In the trailers it shows Xerneas in a forest of some sort. I'm thinking Xerneas will be Grass/Light, Grass/Psychic or Steel/Grass. For Yveltal I think it could be Dark/Dragon, Dark/Flying or Fire/Flying. I prefer Xerneas though because it just looks graceful and elegant.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
05-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Xerneas in the forest makes me keep thinking Psychic... it doesn't look anything like Grass imo. I'm thinking Psychic/Rock. For Yveltal it's not a dragon... Some people claim it's based off a Wyven, a type of dragon, but it lacks the defining characteristics. Flying/Fire or Flyiing/Dark is what I'm thinking. If the game really is based off biology, it would be Fire because Yveltal represents the muscular system, and muscles can get inflamed.

The Kiwi Dragon
05-15-2013, 08:04 PM
I've always thought Xerneas was Psychic/Steel rather than the other ideas. I did think Dark/Flying for Xerneas but I like Papaya's theory on it resembling muscular inflammation.

blaziking
05-18-2013, 06:31 PM
They both are awesome!! Yveltal reminds me of Hoenn's nature trio though which is cool.

TimmyMyers
10-27-2013, 08:09 AM
well perhaps not, because rembering groudon and kyogre, groudon had a big disadvantage against kyogre (typewise and that he was faster so kyogre's ability would activate last and that would take effect for the whole battle boosting kyogre's strength) and all they gave him to make sure he wasn't totally disadvantaged was a single grass type attack (solar panel (http://www.shinesolar.net)). He didn't get any particular stat boosting so whenever you pit him up against kyogre, he gets completely destroyed. I fear that it'll probably be the same case with yveltal and xerneas if yveltal ends up with a type disadvantage.

you are absolutely right..groudon will not match kyogre in such circumstances..kyogre was always ahead of groudon

carcinoGeneticist
10-31-2013, 07:49 PM
Personally, I commend the team for breaking away from the "Dragons are always the legendaries" with Yvetal and Xerneas. Something of a breath of fresh air.
I like the both of them.

Del
11-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Personally, I have no doubt in my mind about which legend I prefer. Xerneas may be my favourite legendary so far! I love the design, it's elegant yet also as some have pointed out the design as kind of simplistic, but I think this is actually what makes it work. It's also refreshing not to have another dragon! Xerneas has been the only legendary pokemon I've ever really incorporated into my main team.

Cotton Candy
11-11-2013, 10:45 PM
I think Yveltal may be my new favorite. They way he flies is well....awesome! (he also isn't a "fairy".......) Though, I chose X to start off with.

Brightskythewolf
11-19-2013, 12:07 AM
I picked Xerneas, but traded for Yveltal, which is bad and good. It's good because Yveltal is just plain awesome, but bad because Yveltal's weakness is Fairy Type, so Yveltal would get crushed by Xerneas.

IBuKun
11-19-2013, 12:32 AM
Xerneas all the way. The design is a breath of fresh air.. Besides a source of everlasting life sounds like more fun than a winged pokemon of doom.
Yveltal does look bad ass but Xerneas always captivates me.