PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: Shining Waters and Hazing Flames

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
05-10-2013, 12:37 AM
This is a thread regarding my ROM game! My other thread is for the purpose of updates and new ideas being posted, but this one is for information regarding the final outcome of the game! Yay!

I'll post here pictures, maps, screenshots, etc. as they come! If you're interested, subscribe to this thread!

As you can tell from the title, there are two different versions: Shining Waters and Hazing Flames. They are intended to be opposite from each other in a few ways. I can already tell you that there will be version exclusives, including different cities and Pokemon in each! The download will be free of course, so you just need to do another download if you want both... But that's in a long time. Let's wait until I actually release a Beta to go over that ;D

The Cover Legendaries will be two serpents. For Shining Waters, it is made of water and held together by a cosmic energy, and for Hazing Flames we have one made of magma and flames, held together by an otherworldly energy. Water/Psychic and Fire/Ghost types! Both will also have other forms, but I'm not giving those away yet ;D Will release pics when they come!

As far as Pokemon, I'm only keeping Ditto, and some other select Pokemon that will be gaining an Evo and/or a Prevo. Hint Hint - Lapras! I'll post a few sprites here or there as pre-release teasers, as well as starter silhouettes, which are coming soon! For now, here are some sprites that are done:
5025 Blecholl, Ghost-Type. > ???, Ghost-Type > 5042 Orslit, Ghost/Steel-Type
5026 Thunper, Dark/Electric-Type
5046 Neucharge, Electric-Type
Other sprites are a work in progress and I'll add them in due time. Tell me your opinions here ;D (Revamped by Endrasa on DeviantArt)

Teaser: Original Pokemon that will have new family members!
5043Poliwag > 5044 Poliwhirl > ???
??? > 5045 Lapras
5047 Qwilfish > ???
5048 Farfetch'd > ???

Pre-Release -Data
Silkrit - Bug/Flying - Thread Pokemon
Travestar - Psychic/Rock - Shooting Pokemon
Pentress - Water/Ghost - Mystic Pokemon
Phistone - Ground/Rock - Dune Pokemon
Leafrot - Poison/Grass - Beat Pokemon

Now for maps:
5023 Prof Tamarak's Lab!
Credits for tiles and revamping the maps to Reshilegend. I'll try getting more screenshots soon ;D

And here is my progress with the map of the entire region!

Current Progress: Reshilegend is working on maps, Endrasa is helping out with sprites, and I'm gathering and designing sprites and starting the Pokedex

Support Bars
5130 (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?4462-Pokemon-Shining-Waters-and-Hazing-Flames)
5131 (http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?4462-Pokemon-Shining-Waters-and-Hazing-Flames)

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
05-12-2013, 02:05 AM
I added a part of the regional map, and I just got another sprite back from Endrasa! I updated the post.

GaryEhffinJoaker
05-12-2013, 02:23 AM
this is pretty talented work

Baby Koga
05-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Those maps are amazing! I'm really digging the Pokemon sprites too! ^0^

I'll try send in some ideas over the next couple of weeks XD

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
05-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Those maps are amazing! I'm really digging the Pokemon sprites too! ^0^

I'll try send in some ideas over the next couple of weeks XD

this is pretty talented work

Thanks!

I added more teasers regarding new Evos/Prevos and what original Pokemon will be included!

chuwachuwa
05-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Papayaperson do you want to use any of my fusions?

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
05-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Papayaperson do you want to use any of my fusions?

I'd prefer not to fusions, but thanks though ! :D

reshilegend
05-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback on the maps, I'm trying my best :)
I might post more of them but I don't want anyone to get spoiled too much.
The sprites are well done, though Blecholl doesn't look as good as Thunper which is my favourite fakemon so far :)
Another pokemon idea, how about a second evolution for Dragonair that looks like a blue snake dragon instead of a yellow dragon (dragonite)?

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
05-12-2013, 08:03 PM
UPDATE: Finished a new Bug-Type! Will NOT post a picture, but to keep everyone guessing, it's the Thread Pokemon and appears early in-game ;D It's name is Beadle!

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
05-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Meeting Up With Old Friends
Get ready to see them all in action with their new families ;D

Blaze Yuki Heartnet
05-15-2013, 02:15 PM
These drawings are awesome!

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
05-18-2013, 12:07 AM
These drawings are awesome!

Thanks!

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
05-18-2013, 12:16 AM
New Names to Watch For:
After some more work has been done, I'm happy to reveal the next bit of information about the game! It also involves Fakemon, like the last update. Without giving too much away, I have new names for everyone to watch for and speculate on!

Silkrit - Bug/Flying - Thread Pokemon
Pentress - Water/Ghost - Mystic Pokemon
Phistone - Ground/Rock - Dune Pokemon
Leafrot - Poison/Grass - Beat Pokemon

All the names above appear in-game, and one of them relates to a pair of Pokemon you all know ;D

Due Date
As with a real game, this game is due for release at some point in the future. I can say proudly that at the moment, our release date is Friday August 9th, 2013! Follow the thread until then and be sure to get the game when it's released promptly that morning ;D

The Kiwi Dragon
05-18-2013, 01:28 AM
Once this has been completed I'll do a walkthrough of it on my YouTube channel to celebrate your efforts towards this amazing looking game. :)

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
05-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Once this has been completed I'll do a walkthrough of it on my YouTube channel to celebrate your efforts towards this amazing looking game. :)

Awesome!

Mega Klefki
05-18-2013, 03:24 PM
This looks very cool! Cant wait till its completed!

reshilegend
05-18-2013, 06:47 PM

I see what you did there :)
Yeah I hope we can finish the game until the release date so that everyone can play it.

reshilegend
05-19-2013, 02:09 PM

I made new logos for the two versions.
Edit: Thx papaya, they're now in the first post.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
05-31-2013, 11:41 PM
Just a small update, to keep everyone up to speed.

The complete map of the ??? Region will come out on June 15! Make sure you check it out ;D

I also got Support Bars for each Version. Each one features a different Pokemon from the game. If you don't know what a support bar is, it's basically a bar that you put in your signature to show that you want the game to be completed and to help spread the word ;D

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Meet a new Pokemon that will join our family of friends!
Weedum, the Sprout Pokemon
Grass-Type

It will appear early in the game so keep an eye open for this cutie ;D

Hummumock, the Humming Pokemon
Bug/Flying-Type

He also appears pretty early in the game. Try to find him ;D

Mega Klefki
06-07-2013, 12:14 AM
What game will you use for a base??

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-07-2013, 12:36 AM
What game will you use for a base??

FireRed :D

Mega Klefki
06-07-2013, 03:14 AM
Ok!! :)

samueln
06-11-2013, 08:39 PM
this is to cool i hope it beats flora sky cant wait foor the complete map 5 days too long exam starts then

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-14-2013, 02:05 AM
Map Release Details

As of right now, the release of the Charpa Region Map is being postponed. You may expect the finalized map to be released on June 29th.

Release Details
There will be a new release featuring tons of information on June 29th. Along with the map, this release will cover more detail of the game than has ever been revealed before, so be sure to catch it!

New Pokemon Revealed
Now that we're making progress with the game, we can hint at some of the Pokemon that are being made for it! Here are some Pokemon the you can expect to see in the game ;D

Coeurage, the Hearts Pokemon. ???-type

Priqq, the Clubs Pokemon. ???-type

**Speculate on the themes you see**

Wompull, the Dig Pokemon. Ground/Electric-type

Pulludge, the Nuclear Pokemon. Poison-type

Zombrill, the Bride Pokemon. Dark-type

reshilegend
07-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Just to keep you guys updated, we're still working on the game (obviously). We're currently designing a lot new Pokemon (Fakemon) that will be in the game ^^
If anyone has some ideas for Pokemon/protagonist designs post here! :D

The Kiwi Dragon
07-31-2013, 01:32 AM
I can't continue any further with my game because I'm just not feeling up for it. Would you guys be interested in taking my Pokemon designs off my hands?

reshilegend
07-31-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Nick, I'm sure the game would have been great. But yeah I think every idea is welcome and we can include your best Pokemon designs if you want :)
Do you have some artwork or sprites that you can show us? (basically you can show them to me until Papaya comes back).