PDA

View Full Version : Talking To Pokemon

Fennelito'sHelp
05-16-2013, 06:17 PM
Hey all! So, I was thinking about the hints the Pokemon franchise has continued to give in their games and the anime that later happen in future games. For example, in Gen 1 games, a trainer desired a Pokemon who was pink and had floral patterns, which resembles the Gen 5 Pokemon, Munna! The Gen 5 Dream World seemed to have been hinted at in Gen 3's Hoenn games by the Devon Corporation's intent on building a machine to see into Pokemon's dreams! Gen 3 also mentioned a scientist who wanted to literally talk to Pokemon, as well as in Black/White and Black 2/White 2, you find continuous talk of the desire to one day talk to Pokemon. Furthermore, in the anime, Colress expresses a desire to be the one to actually build a machine to do just that!

So, do you think the day will come when the games will allow a means to speak to Pokemon? Do you think we may even get it in Gen 6, or later gens? If so, do you think it will be a huge part of how the future of Pokemon will be changed, or just a small, mini game like feature to mess around in with no real affect on the game itself? :D

The Kiwi Dragon
05-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Well, I'm kind of at a loss of what you'd do with talking to Pokemon aside from mini-games because I can't see it just nestling comfortably in with what Pokemon has already kinda firmly established. I'd have to think for a few moments about what it could actually achieve within the game. If it did happen in this Generation, the likeliest option to me is it being not even a mini-game. More like: *Dramatic deep breath* 'Mass Reproduction of "Hey, You, Pikachu!" for the 3DS as Pokemon in the late 90's was nowhere near as popular as today's "Pokemania" meaning therefore Nintendo wants to basically reuse ideas for more moolah except built into Pokemon X and Y, so that Nintendo can have petrol tanker loads of money to roll around and practically swim in, to be as happy as Larry'. *Exhales dramatically* And trust me that isn't a bad game plan in my opinion but I'm sort of thinking "Hey we've practically done everything that Nintendo has planned with Munna (Not that it was a big deal), Dream World (Which is a great accomplishment to me), and both of these are wonderful and all but talking to Pokemon basically we've kinda "Been there, done that and got the T-Shirt" in a sense". So really, while I'm neither 'for' or 'against' talking to Pokemon (Fun idea for us fans. But also a good money ploy at the extent of reusing pre-existing ideas) I don't seem to find a use for it whatsoever. RANT OFFICIALLY OVER. :p

GaryEhffinJoaker
05-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Well, if they are bringing it up as much as June is saying they did in Black, White, and their sequels, and even in the anime's latest episodes, maybe they have something surprising planned that will make it pretty useful somehow. A means for the next evil group to use to attack the Pokemon world? Maybe.